Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #1096
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2

Nothing too exciting but here it is

I do have the Tink tshirt from Raw Threads but I just can't run in a shirt - needs to be a tank or I get all off my game. Can't have loose clothing for some reason. I may wear it for the 5km but we'll see.

Oh, and that was after my run so please be gentle, I know I look like a mess! LOL!
LOVE!! And I love your Scoop Neck Tank! They are my fave! Awesome tutu!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #1097
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
It's amazing how fast you can run when it's 41 degrees and you're dressed like Tinkerbell. I did my mile in under 8 minutes.

I can fly! I can fly! I can fly!!!!

Pretty sure we'll be getting some phone calls from neighbors.
Yeh, the eagle was definitely helping Pocahontas' feet to fly when I went a few days ago in the 30's. At least that was only my 5k outfit. You picked a great day to test the long run costume!

You must have run later in the day. I got an 8 mile in while it was still 52F up here on the north shore. BUT I unintentionally took a wrong trail for my and it spit me out somewhere MUCH farther from home than I meant to be. i thought I was way to far away to get home in time to get my kids to their saturday activity so I started running as fast as I could on the back half of a leisurely walk/run. I got there in time and did it in 11:50 average pace.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #1098
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Yeh, the eagle was definitely helping Pocahontas' feet to fly when I went a few days ago in the 30's. At least that was only my 5k outfit. You picked a great day to test the long run costume!

You must have run later in the day. I got an 8 mile in while it was still 52F up here on the north shore. BUT I unintentionally took a wrong trail for my and it spit me out somewhere MUCH farther from home than I meant to be. i thought I was way to far away to get home in time to get my kids to their saturday activity so I started running as fast as I could on the back half of a leisurely walk/run. I got there in time and did it in 11:50 average pace.
I had to wait for my DH to get home so he could stay with the boys while I went out. I'll do my "long run" tomorrow but couldn't pass up a chance to test out my wings. I thought it was going to be closer to 50, but my phone widget said 41. Still beats 20!!

Sometimes it's fun to accidentally find a new trail, but not so fun when you have someplace to be. Very nice pace though!!!!!! Well done!!!!

What's funny is that one of my FB friends posted that she saw someone out running in a Minnie Mouse costume and someone else responded that she saw someone out in a costume today too. Everyone must have the same idea.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #1099
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

3 of my friends are doing the Goofy this weekend so I was stalking their times and the first place finisher today had a 4:59 pace. I can't imagine doing ONE mile in 5 minutes much less 13.1 of them. I wonder how the human body manages to move that fast, honestly.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #1100
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFOS View Post
Hi All, I was hoping to get some advice. This will be my first 1/2. I think I'm ready but I've got some questions.

Is the course hilly? I know inside the parks isn't..but the other spots I'm worried about. I mostly run on bike paths and treadmill so hills are not my thing. I just did a 5K where the first mile was completely uphill and I thought I was going to die.

For distance, I've gotten up to 11/12 miles. I hope to do a couple of 14 mile runs before the race but they will be treadmill runs because I'm in NE. I should be good right? my pace is typically around 12:00

Last question...We are combining this trip with the kids school vacation..so it means I'll be walking all over the parks BEFORE the race weekend. I typically do Disney in flipflops but my legs are tired by the end of the trip. I don't really want to use my running shoes all week...what do you all recommend for park shoes. I'm thinking of trying out the ABEO sandals.. Does anyone have any experience with these? .
I did the Disneyland 1/2 after a week of family vacation and it worked out fine. I alternated an older pair of running shoes and flip-flops. Saved my race day shoes for race day. Was careful what I ate on Friday and Saturday... but other than that just enjoyed the parks. Sounds like you are well prepared!

Quote:
It's amazing how fast you can run when it's 41 degrees and you're dressed like Tinkerbell. I did my mile in under 8 minutes.

I can fly! I can fly! I can fly!!!!

Pretty sure we'll be getting some phone calls from neighbors.
Awesome run! Glad your costume test drive went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I am finally all healed from the Norovirus. It was the sickest I've been in years. Awful, nasty stuff. Went to the chiro today and got a massage as well as adjustments, since my body has been all tense from vomiting. The morning sickness has turned into all day sickness though. Totally not expecting that. DH's final weeks of training are shaping up nicely! I'm very proud of him. I am feeling a little crappy about the race since I haven't run in over a week, and I feel so queasy and gross. Hoping to snap out of it this week and get some miles in.
Hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
Did 10 and a half miles at a 15:11 pace. Longest run yet...ever...
Great job on the double digit run! You should feel very proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Nothing too exciting but here it is

I do have the Tink tshirt from Raw Threads but I just can't run in a shirt - needs to be a tank or I get all off my game. Can't have loose clothing for some reason. I may wear it for the 5km but we'll see.

Oh, and that was after my run so please be gentle, I know I look like a mess! LOL!
Love it! You look great.
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Old 01-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #1101
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
Did 10 and a half miles at a 15:11 pace. Longest run yet...ever...
Way to go!

Quote:
3 of my friends are doing the Goofy this weekend so I was stalking their times and the first place finisher today had a 4:59 pace. I can't imagine doing ONE mile in 5 minutes much less 13.1 of them. I wonder how the human body manages to move that fast, honestly.
Um - 4:59 overall for 13 miles? That's insane. I mean, I get that there are people who can do that for a mile or so. 13 miles? I just don't even know if I would WANT to do that!

Awesome run today. My previous *****ing about the cold has paid off and the running goddesses have favored me with a 70 degree day and a nice breeze. It reminded me that I actually DO like distance running. Loaded up the ipod with a bunch of tunes I haven't listened to in ages and had a good 'ol time. Even went 1/2 mile further than I planned because I overshot my distance from the car and didn't want to just walk the whole way back. Ended up doing 7.5 right around an 11:00 overall pace. I am not a cold weather runner; this girl likes to sweat!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #1102
fashionista311
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Way to go!

Um - 4:59 overall for 13 miles? That's insane. I mean, I get that there are people who can do that for a mile or so. 13 miles? I just don't even know if I would WANT to do that!

Awesome run today. My previous *****ing about the cold has paid off and the running goddesses have favored me with a 70 degree day and a nice breeze. It reminded me that I actually DO like distance running. Loaded up the ipod with a bunch of tunes I haven't listened to in ages and had a good 'ol time. Even went 1/2 mile further than I planned because I overshot my distance from the car and didn't want to just walk the whole way back. Ended up doing 7.5 right around an 11:00 overall pace. I am not a cold weather runner; this girl likes to sweat!
Here's how i look at it: would I WANT to run that fast? heck yes! Do I have the genetics and the talent at this point...no way. Even if I could, do I want to put in the work to get that fast? yeah....no thanks. I know what 55 miles/week with two speedwork days, a midweek medium long run, and regular long run feels like to me (hell, in case you were wondering)...and thats a **joke** compared to what is required to run at those speeds.

Great job on your run today! Sounds like you really got to enjoy the sunshine
Old 01-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #1103
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Yup 4:59 was his avg pace for the whole thing. Amazing! Most of the top finishers were 5-6 min pace. I can't even fathom. But if someone was going to wave a wand and make me that fast, I wouldn't say no!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #1104
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run
Yup 4:59 was his avg pace for the whole thing. Amazing! Most of the top finishers were 5-6 min pace. I can't even fathom. But if someone was going to wave a wand and make me that fast, I wouldn't say no!
Isn't it bananas? It's basically running as fast as you possibly can, without stopping, for 13.1 miles straight. Amazeballs!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #1105
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Many, many Congrats to all of today long runners, especially those who hit record distances!!

I made my own distance record today: 10.1 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes! I even improved my pacing for long runs: from 13 minute/mile average to 12:50. It's not much but it surprised me.

Ive been looking for new routes for my long runs ( to keep entertained) and made it to Brooklyn's version of Central Park, Prospect Park. There were tons of runners out which was inspiring. Unfortunately, none in Princess gear; but there was an old man running almost barefoot (He had like minimal sandals on -Just an ankle strap and a piece around his toe). He got a lot of looks but, man, what a champ!!

Gotta start working on my costume soon if I want to try it out! Much kudos to all you ladies that are already prepped and tested!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #1106
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar
Many, many Congrats to all of today long runners, especially those who hit record distances!!

I made my own distance record today: 10.1 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes! I even improved my pacing for long runs: from 13 minute/mile average to 12:50. It's not much but it surprised me.

Ive been looking for new routes for my long runs ( to keep entertained) and made it to Brooklyn's version of Central Park, Prospect Park. There were tons of runners out which was inspiring. Unfortunately, none in Princess gear; but there was an old man running almost barefoot (He had like minimal sandals on -Just an ankle strap and a piece around his toe). He got a lot of looks but, man, what a champ!!

Gotta start working on my costume soon if I want to try it out! Much kudos to all you ladies that are already prepped and tested!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Awesome! Love PP! It sounds like the old dude was wearing a version of huaraches. The Mexican/Indigenous sandals worn by the Tarahumara and other tribes spoken to in Born to Run. Super cool!

Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #1107
DISNEYFOS
DIS Veteran

Thanks all for your help. Glad to hear the race is not Hilly... and that my training has prepared me. I'm going do to my first 14 miler tomorrow AM, just to prove to myself I can do that distance.

I tried on those Abeo sandals in the mall today and they were U..G..L..Y even my husband (who never notices shoes) said so. I think I'll stick to my running shoes, and the Disney buses... We always cut thru Epcot to get to the monorail for Magic Kingdom or walk over to Hollywood studios.. This trip its all about preserving the feet.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #1108
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Can anyone who has ITband syndrome try to explain what it feels like? Its what the dr and PT diagnosed me with, but I'm just not sure I agree with it. I can foam roll my ITband all day and don't find a single spot that hurts (and I've heard that foam rolling the ITband hurts!). They show me stretches that should be slightly painful, and they're not. Yet after the half today, my knee once again is killing me. I've been icing off and on all day but still have a heavy limp. My pain is on the outside of the knee (which is why it leads to the ITband thought) but it feels like its the actual bone to me. It doesn't hurt above or below the side of the knee, but the bone right where it bends. I'm so frustrated that nothing in PT worked. And I have an other 5k on Saturday.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #1109
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by semejorado View Post
I have a question for all you knowledgable run disney veterans......

My husband had signed up for the race with me in September but he has gotten injured and will be unable to complete the half marathon with me ( I don't want him to get even more hurt).

I was wondering if we have to eat the race and race retreat costs or can I sell them to another hopeful runner?

I didn't know where to look and I thought that someone may know here.

Thanks!

( and I completed 9 miles in 1.45 this weekend!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudrench3 View Post
Hey there, someone on another thread mentioned that someone might be selling their race retreat. If this is true, I'd be interested in purchasing it. I didn't get it purchased before they sold out. Thanks so much!!!
Hope that helps!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #1110
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Hello Princesses! I ran 10 miles today! Yay! It did not feel as rough as my first long run a few weeks ago. My running partner said that she felt less sore even though we are running a whole lot farther. I was degrading this run before we started but was so so glad at the end. A little TMI but I also did not get any sport bra chaffing on my back but had to run with bandages under the ****s! Ha! What we do for this run! I hope all of your runs are going well! The weather here is sunny in Spain so it was perfect! Have a great week princesses!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: