Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #1036
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by M likes the mouse

I'm so happy to be registered. DH ran the TOT 10 miler with me even though I'm barely 15mm. I am still under trained and I don't think I'll be much faster for princess half. But DH is turning 40 this summer and this is my gift to him. I plan to really push myself in the next year to be able to challenge him during those 2 races. And let's face it... getting those medals will be freaking awesome given the fact that I was always the short and fat girl who could not run to save her skin during gym classes. I'll be very proud of myself if I can achieve that.
I am still the short fat girl who never ran in gym class, finished 2 1/2's, 2 5k's, 2 10k's and 1 8k this past year. And another year is just beginning.

Pj
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #1037
belle2211
DIS Veteran

We love Bee Cause charms--I have 5 of them on my shoes! We bought a few at the expo over the last couple of years and have gotten several specially made. I need to get a 6th because its bugging me that my shoes are uneven!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #1038
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I have and I really like them. I bought one from Tink last year but I wanted to keep it nice so I never put it on my shoe. I think this year I will have to get another and actually use it.

Having it on your shoe....does it bother you in races or even training ??? Just wondering ?
No, they don't bother me. The only thing I ran into was getting one on elastic laces was tricky! There was one pair that was just too big to fit through the hole, but I eventually got them on the shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Oh the Disney marketing machine works on me too. Have you seen the Vinylmation they have for the WDW marathon ?? I think they will have it out for Tink and DL too. Now I'm not a fan of Vinylmation but again the marketing works and I really think I "NEED" to start collecting from the races I run. Ohhh boy.
Yes, I NEED to get the vinyl for the race now. I love the little medal you can add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Wow! Talk about a resolution that's easy to fix for $15. Much better than "My greatest regret is not doing the IronMan" Not wanting to take on a chunk of 2013 regret, I think I'm going to get the Powered by Fairy Dust one.

Speaking of fairy dust, I uploaded a pic of my youngest daughter's shirt for the 400m that says "I'm Fairy Fast" on the front and "Eat My Dust" if anyone wants to check that out: http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fu...er/cindylevin/
Cute shirt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
I think we've created a new verb.

So I'm looking at the Bee Cause sneaker charms and thinking how my little girls will be jealous if I get one and they don't. But that's like $45 for us all to get them. Maybe I'll just get one "powered by pixie dust" heart and we'll make a big deal of handing it off to the next person to race...the 5K, the 400m, and the 13.1 Like Dumbo's magic feather?
I am pretty sure at the Expo last year I bought 2/$20, so you might want to wait and see what they have there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
Hi princesses!! Looked over my calendar today as realized we have have a handful of long runs left and the it's finally here!! It seems like ages ago that I signed up.

With jut a few weeks left to make progress I had a question for any run-walk interval ladies.

I started running with C-to-5K and proudly made it up to a very slow 30 minutes of steady running. After learning about Galloway's run-walk method I quickly switched and noticed big improvements on my overall time.

I've been playing with intervals and have realized that no matter how long/short I make my intervals, I perform best using a 1:1 minute run:walk method. It keeps me from being bored or slowing too much but isn't too much to tire me out.

So my question is: Is this totally impractical for race day?

I'm worried I'll be stop/starting too much and will get in people's way. Are there any other 1:1 people out there who are planning on this method come February?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I also am doing 1:1. I am trying to work up to 2:1, but have had some foot/heel/shoe issues, so I am behind in training. From what I have read and observed in the 5k last year, there will be areas of bottlenecks where many are stuck walking. I plan on staying to the side, so hopefully it won't be a big deal. I know there are MANY, MANY walk/runners in the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semejorado View Post
I have a question for all you knowledgable run disney veterans......

My husband had signed up for the race with me in September but he has gotten injured and will be unable to complete the half marathon with me ( I don't want him to get even more hurt).

I was wondering if we have to eat the race and race retreat costs or can I sell them to another hopeful runner?

I didn't know where to look and I thought that someone may know here.

Thanks!

( and I completed 9 miles in 1.45 this weekend!!!)
Officially you can not sell your bib/retreat or you run the risk of Disney banning you. Call RUNDisney and ask them if you can postpone your entry. I can't think of the "word" now, but they have let injured people credit the $$ to another race. They haven't offered it on all races, so they might say no.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #1039
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!

On the race retreat you could sell that off, just swap funds for the bracelet.
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #1040
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
No, they don't bother me. The only thing I ran into was getting one on elastic laces was tricky! There was one pair that was just too big to fit through the hole, but I eventually got them on the shoes.

Good to know.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #1041
Never to old
DIS Veteran

I have shopping expo question. Is everything cash only or do they take credit cards? I can't go this year but my BF is going. I thought she might do some shopping for me if i ask real nice, lol.
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #1042
semejorado
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the answers on the bib guys.

I kinda thought we were just going to eat the cost of the bib and that's ok. He wants to walk the 5k now!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #1043
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old
I have shopping expo question. Is everything cash only or do they take credit cards? I can't go this year but my BF is going. I thought she might do some shopping for me if i ask real nice, lol.

The disney stuff is a regular register and they take cards, most vendors take credit cards as well. Some vendors have a minimum for charging and some have cash deals too. We buy gu there so we don't have to bring it from home.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #1044
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Hi Girls...and Guys, do you know when they announce the Corrals? Is it like a month before the race? I'm super anxious. Training is going good other than a mild case of shin pain, I'm using KTTape and a Zensah sleeve for it and they really do help.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #1045
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3
Hi Girls...and Guys, do you know when they announce the Corrals? Is it like a month before the race? I'm super anxious. Training is going good other than a mild case of shin pain, I'm using KTTape and a Zensah sleeve for it and they really do help.
4 weeks out you usually get your waivers which has your corral :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #1046
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!

The waivers won't have corral letters, just bib #s. But for the past year RD has posted on their FB page a graphic of where those bib#s fall in the corrals, saves them the phone calls asking.

Last edited by pjpoohbear; 01-11-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #1047
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
4 weeks out you usually get your waivers which has your corral :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoohbear View Post
The waivers won't have corral letters, just bib #s. But for the past year RD has posted on their FB page a graphic of where those bib#s fall in the corrals, saves them the phone calls asking.
thank you...I'm at a 14mm pace and I really want to stop for a picture with the Princes (Eric, Naveen, Ryder, Tarzan,etc) I'm just hoping I'm not in the last corral (althought I'm almost 100% I will be). My second stop for pictures would be the Girl Villains (Cruella, Maleficent, Step SIsters) but that's depending on how I'm doing. After that I won't stop again, only for Tiana since she's the princess I chose.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #1048
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post

I've been playing with intervals and have realized that no matter how long/short I make my intervals, I perform best using a 1:1 minute run:walk method. It keeps me from being bored or slowing too much but isn't too much to tire me out.

So my question is: Is this totally impractical for race day?

I'm worried I'll be stop/starting too much and will get in people's way. Are there any other 1:1 people out there who are planning on this method come February?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'll be doing the same thing. I have to walk the first 1-2 miles -- no running. I have plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. I have to walk through it to get used to it enough to run (although the walk from the tent to the corral may suffice). Then, I rotate between a 1:1, 2:1 to 3:1 ratio.

My plan is to stay on the shoulder, so that I am out of the way of the people who are running.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #1049
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
thank you...I'm at a 14mm pace and I really want to stop for a picture with the Princes (Eric, Naveen, Ryder, Tarzan,etc) I'm just hoping I'm not in the last corral (althought I'm almost 100% I will be). My second stop for pictures would be the Girl Villains (Cruella, Maleficent, Step SIsters) but that's depending on how I'm doing. After that I won't stop again, only for Tiana since she's the princess I chose.
I know that I won't have time for pictures. I am just hoping to finish....
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #1050
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Anyone ever try running with a wig? I'm trying to decide whether to run in a Merida costume. I have a Northface running skirt and tank that are the perfect color and found $1 knee socks at Target (thanks for the idea Tinkeramy!) that match to use as arm sleeves. Question is whether I put on my daughter's Merida wig and a soft woven brown belt.... or just forget about a costume and go for comfort.
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: