Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #1006
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

I think not getting a BeeCharm was my largest regret last year, getting some sparkle for sure this year.
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #1007
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
New Balance tweeted to stop by their booth to purchase the shoes. Here is the tweet:

“ At the @rundisney #WDWMarathon this wknd? Visit us at the Expo starting tomorrow to snag your pair: http://t.co/SdgEFOs5 #nbrundisney”
Thanks! I haven't ventured into the Twitter-verse yet. The only reason I ever got on FB was to find out what the big secret was when they announced the Tinker Bell half marathon...but I'm still on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwood View Post
I bought new shoes yesterday and the ones I wear Saucony Omni came in Tink green which should clash nicely with my Rapunzel purple sparkle light skirt. I should be easy to see though. I do think I will have to order some of those charms though.
It won't clash! Purple and lime is a great color combo! In fact, my shirt for Tink has a black minnie sillohette, lime green glitter wings and a purple glitter tiara. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoohbear View Post
I think not getting a BeeCharm was my largest regret last year, getting some sparkle for sure this year.
I have a couple of these too, they are a really great idea..their booth is always crwoded at the expo

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #1008
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Wow! Talk about a resolution that's easy to fix for $15. Much better than "My greatest regret is not doing the IronMan" Not wanting to take on a chunk of 2013 regret, I think I'm going to get the Powered by Fairy Dust one.

Speaking of fairy dust, I uploaded a pic of my youngest daughter's shirt for the 400m that says "I'm Fairy Fast" on the front and "Eat My Dust" if anyone wants to check that out: http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fu...er/cindylevin/
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #1009
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

I thought you ladies would appreciate this poster from a girl empowering website. We can relate to the "Dance like a girl, Think like a girl, Lead like a girl" image of the woman in a tutu and running clothes!

http://grrrlcamp.org/powerful-poster-project/
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #1010
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

Wow IRONman, you will get it done. I almost chickened out of W&D but got stubborn and got it done, that would have been a big regret.
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #1011
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Well, this is making me want to bag the early magic hour for my kids and come pancake it up with y'all
You're welcome to pancake it up with us! I'm *almost* as excited about our dining reservations as I am about running 13.1 miles!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #1012
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
You're welcome to pancake it up with us! I'm *almost* as excited about our dining reservations as I am about running 13.1 miles!
I'm running 13.1 because of my dining reservations!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #1013
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

Snort

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #1014
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
just got my CW-X compression tights today and am wearing them now as I post ! Reminded me of getting my spanx on !
Yep, exactly how I felt getting them on the first time! FYI, I've found they come off really easy in the shower - it was too much effort to get them off before my ice bath so I just left them on to soak, then turned on the shower and they rolled right down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Right?! I just told my coworker that I'm as excited for our post-race group 'Ohana dinner as I am to finish the race. She laughed... I wasn't joking.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #1015
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Wow IRONman, you will get it done. I almost chickened out of W&D but got stubborn and got it done, that would have been a big regret.
I'm sorry! I was kidding, but that didn't come out in the text! That's not at all my regret. I will not be doing that!!! I was just saying that I like how your biggest regret is so fixable in the new year. 2012 must have been a pretty great year for you

Sorry for the miscommunication
Old 01-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #1016
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep, me too!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #1017
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aaaand, I am SO torn about my tutu skirt that I had made for this race I LOVE it...so adorable, but now I'm not sure about running in it. I know exactly where it's going to ride up in the back under my hydration belt without even having to try it out. I'm going to end up looking like the lady coming out of the bathroom with her dress tucked into her stockings. Also, why am I in denial about being able to wear a tutu when I have way to much junk in my trunk? I keep thinking "oh well, this one's made this way so it'll work and look better than the other ones." no. no it won't. I know how picky I am, but I seem to forget that when fluffy girly things are in front of me! It makes me wish I was walking the 5k or something to at least get some use out of it because it was on the expensive side for sure. So, I've just put in an order to "old faithful", a.k.a. Team Sparkle, which is what I should have just done to begin with. I may change my mind between now and then and find a way to deal with it, but I want to have what I already know works for sure just in case.

I say if you LOVE your tutu then wear it. Be your beautiful princess self! I'm sure you could find a way to make it not ride up.

I have too much junk everywhere and my blue Belle outfit right now makes me look like a two-ton elephant. I'm going to rework it some, but I'm thinking of scraping it altogether and doing like you and getting another Team Sparkle skirt and just coordinating my outfit with my pretty grey/pink sneakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
Have you seen Bee Charms? https://www.beecausecharms.com/libra...?p=167&g=1&c=8 They were at the Expo last year. I have this one and "believe" on my shoes for races.
I love those. I saw a woman at a race last year who had a pink Mickey head charm on her shoelaces that said 13.1. I want to try to find that or something similar. It's the one purchase I really want, so thanks for the heads up on who sells them.

Quote:
My friend and I were just talking about this last night. I said the food we eat at Disney the days before the race is for fuel and the food we stuff ourselves with afterwards is to replenish. And we have to eat a lot of it, because Disney's food is calorie-free, right?

Holly
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #1018
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
Have you seen Bee Charms? https://www.beecausecharms.com/libra...?p=167&g=1&c=8 They were at the Expo last year. I have this one and "believe" on my shoes for races.
LOVE Bee Charms! I saw them at the expo at DL half last year - the people were soo nice. I didn't pick up any because I had to leave fast. I'm excited that they have a website, I didn't know! Now I'm definitely going to get my shoe bling on Thanks for posting it!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #1019
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post
I say if you LOVE your tutu then wear it. Be your beautiful princess self! I'm sure you could find a way to make it not ride up.

I have too much junk everywhere and my blue Belle outfit right now makes me look like a two-ton elephant. I'm going to rework it some, but I'm thinking of scraping it altogether and doing like you and getting another Team Sparkle skirt and just coordinating my outfit with my pretty grey/pink sneakers.
I was going to try to work on it tonight maybe. I need to dig out some safety pins and try everything on together. the fuel belt actually kind of helps to hold everyting down, so it might work. I hate to have to pin something that much though because it makes going to the restroom so difficult when you can't just take the skirt off quickly. I've yet to have to stop during a run to use the restroom, but my last few long runs of 8-10 miles I really needed to go, which was unusual! So, now I'm a little worried about that. Ugh, too much to think about! I may revisit the discussions about at what mile we pass REAL restrooms...that might be a little easier to do with a bulky skirt on if I need to go.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #1020
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
I'll be pancaking it up on Wednesday @ 9:30!
I think we've created a new verb.

So I'm looking at the Bee Cause sneaker charms and thinking how my little girls will be jealous if I get one and they don't. But that's like $45 for us all to get them. Maybe I'll just get one "powered by pixie dust" heart and we'll make a big deal of handing it off to the next person to race...the 5K, the 400m, and the 13.1 Like Dumbo's magic feather?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: