Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #991
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix View Post
I used to have sports induced asthma. They gave me an inhaler for the asthma attacks. I can't remember if there was any other medication, but either way, I was always able to run through it! You'll be okay feel better!
[QUOTE=Princess on the Run;47118653]Glad all else is well and I hope they can give you something to take care of it without too much interference.

Thanks for the good thoughts !. In addition to the asthma I also have arthritis is my spine. I'm so not a pill taking gal but I guess I will be starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Glad you got some info - and don't sweat it if the dx winds up being exercise-induced asthma; I have it and just use an Albuterol inhaler before running. Works great!
I do remember you saying this before & it really has helped me get over the having to take meds. Maybe it will even make me faster taking albuterol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
When is everyone arriving?

I fly in Thursday home Monday
DH and I arrive Thurs afternoon and leave Tues morning. Wanted plenty of time for parks and race recovery !

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Oh.my.goodness princesses. Update. I have a horrifying stomach virus that landed me in the er. So insane. Im home now. On an amazing front they did a sono and we saw the tiny flicker heartbeat! At only 5w5d that is pretty amazing! But i am very sick still so please send me any healthy vibes you can spare. Love you all and happy training!
Best wishes & prayers for a healthy pregnancy !

[QUOTE=Cripey;47136003
Since I started running I've just worn Nike Dri-fit compressions in shorts and capris, but while THEY call them compression, they aren't so much compared to serious, targeted compression like CW-X. CW-X compression bottoms just don't fit me right though, unfortunately. If they did, I'd probably never take them off! However, I recently stumbled on a pair of Brooks compression capris in my local running store that I really really like. They are a little long on me for capris, but I'm used to that by now. They feel more like true compression than my Nike ones...sort of halfway between the Nike and CW-X. I've only had them for a couple of weeks, but I'm liking them alot...will probably run Tink in them and, if that goes well, Princess too.[/QUOTE]

just got my CW-X compression tights today and am wearing them now as I post ! Reminded me of getting my spanx on ! I plan on wearing them Friday for my long run so will let everyone know how this newbie likes them

Last edited by Gryhndmom; 01-09-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #992
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan

Well, this is making me want to bag the early magic hour for my kids and come pancake it up with y'all
I'll be pancaking it up on Wednesday @ 9:30!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #993
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Yay you are staying a whole week! I wish..
We're kind of making it into a family vacation and with race stuff taking up 2.5 days, we'll use the rest to just relax. I hope!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
OMG...thanks Princessontherun for teaching us how to use multiple quotes. This is much easier!
I just learned myself not long ago and felt so proud to not have to C&P or to post so many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfelix2k View Post
Funny you say that, I'm in Schaumburg for a last minute business trip and the weather while cold is beautiful. Flying back to PA tomorrow and then off to FL on Friday morning.
You are so close to a few of us!!! We could have had a mini-Princess meet-up!!

Quote:
Here's a workaround. Since I already know how to use my fundraising site to raise money for Shot@Life, I uploaded a few photos there. I haven' officially "launched" it yet, so it's just between us princesses anyway. http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fu...er/cindylevin/
So cute!!!!!! Well done!!!!

Quote:
Oh.my.goodness princesses. Update. I have a horrifying stomach virus that landed me in the er. So insane. Im home now. On an amazing front they did a sono and we saw the tiny flicker heartbeat! At only 5w5d that is pretty amazing! But i am very sick still so please send me any healthy vibes you can spare. Love you all and happy training!
That's awesome that you got a peak at little boo, but I hope that nasty business leaves you alone soon. It's no fun being sick while PG because there's so few things you can take for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
I just ordered from them. I am so excited. Have you run in them before? Do you like them?
I have a few Team Sparkle skirts and have run in them a lot. I love them! want a Sparkle Skirt but I just haven't found the motivation to pay the extra for one yet.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #994
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
If you have FB, check out the pics and post runDisney just posted! Soooo awesome Wish I could get my hands on a pair!!!!!

(for those not on FB...runDisney just announced New Balance as their official shoe...and have a men's and women's very limited edition shoe that will be available at the marathon expo this weekend...and surely on ebay 10 minutes after the expo opens ...they are super cute!)
Very cute !! I would love for them to do a Princess or Tink design. I've always wanted a little "bling" on my shoes.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #995
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

Very cute !! I would love for them to do a Princess or Tink design. I've always wanted a little "bling" on my shoes.
I said earlier to BF, if these get a good response I could see them doing a different design for each race next year....I think I like this idea better than the Dooney's!!!!! I may or may not be a shoe-holic.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #996
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:

Haha I would pay an arm and a leg for tink or princess running shoes!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #997
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post

I made one for a race this past July. And I can't sew much more than a straight line. I looked online and found a video that was helpful. I think I searched for 'how to make a running skirt'. Actually, I just did the search again. It's a YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_uF_O6QkI0

She says you can make it in 15 minutes but because I don't sew well, it took me a lot more than that.

Has anyone been following the Marathon Weekend thread? Looks like they're in for a little bit of warmer weather for their races this weekend. Hope we have cooler weather!

Holly
Thank you! I forgot I had this one bookmarked. I have a plan in place to make one...we will see how it ends up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
Wooooohooooo!!

Did 8 miles this mornings with almost no pain. Finished in 1 hour 35 minutes. I had to do some walking but I'm fine with that. I've had several injures in the past few months and I wasn't sure if I was even going to get to do the PHM. But thanks to Physical Therapy and lots of PT Tape, I'm back baby!!

Quote:

I made the Pocahontas costume from some no-sew instructions I got online using 2 mens 2XL tshirts I got for $10. I tested it in 38F weather this morning and it worked great! I'm very pleased with myself. It's not really like the character costume, but I think it's native american enough. With the hair and the necklace, it'll be pretty obvious who I'm supposed to be. Oh and the 9 year old Meeko I'll alternately be chasing or have lagging behind me.
Good job on the costume!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Have you seen Bee Charms? https://www.beecausecharms.com/libra...?p=167&g=1&c=8 They were at the Expo last year. I have this one and "believe" on my shoes for races.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #998
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
Good job on the costume!

Have you seen Bee Charms? https://www.beecausecharms.com/libra...?p=167&g=1&c=8 They were at the Expo last year. I have this one and "believe" on my shoes for races.
Thank you!

OMG, the "powered by pixie dust one is awesome. I might want to give them to my girls...okok and maybe one for mom as well.

Hey does anyone else have kids doing other races? Any advice?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #999
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post

I have and I really like them. I bought one from Tink last year but I wanted to keep it nice so I never put it on my shoe. I think this year I will have to get another and actually use it.

Having it on your shoe....does it bother you in races or even training ??? Just wondering ?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #1000
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I said earlier to BF, if these get a good response I could see them doing a different design for each race next year....I think I like this idea better than the Dooney's!!!!! I may or may not be a shoe-holic.
Oh the Disney marketing machine works on me too. Have you seen the Vinylmation they have for the WDW marathon ?? I think they will have it out for Tink and DL too. Now I'm not a fan of Vinylmation but again the marketing works and I really think I "NEED" to start collecting from the races I run. Ohhh boy.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #1001
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh the Disney marketing machine works on me too. Have you seen the Vinylmation they have for the WDW marathon ?? I think they will have it out for Tink and DL too. Now I'm not a fan of Vinylmation but again the marketing works and I really think I "NEED" to start collecting from the races I run. Ohhh boy.
Yes! It is a really cute vinyl! I'm not really a vinyl collector either...I have a few from F&W fest, DL half and a some from the cupcake series because those were just too cute to pass up...but I always wondered why they didn't do more of them for the races. I'm curious to find out how fast those shoes sell this weekend and how much they cost. Also...who's actually selling them, Disney or New Balance?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #1002
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

Yes! It is a really cute vinyl! I'm not really a vinyl collector either...I have a few from F&W fest, DL half and a some from the cupcake series because those were just too cute to pass up...but I always wondered why they didn't do more of them for the races. I'm curious to find out how fast those shoes sell this weekend and how much they cost. Also...who's actually selling them, Disney or New Balance?
New Balance tweeted to stop by their booth to purchase the shoes. Here is the tweet:

“ At the @rundisney #WDWMarathon this wknd? Visit us at the Expo starting tomorrow to snag your pair: http://t.co/SdgEFOs5 #nbrundisney”
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #1003
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We fly in thurs morn and fly out a week later, thurs afternoon!
Me too except because of lousy connections I don't get in until Thursday evening and will be out Thursday afternoon a week later.

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #1004
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

For those who need compression on their calves after a run and don't want to spend $20-40 on compression sleeves - here is my $5 secret! Last year I bought a pair of leggings at Target. I have problems with my calves tightening up after runs and then affecting my shins. Every time I have worn these leggings after a run, I have noticed that my calf is MUCH less sore the remainder of the day. I think the pants are just tight enough to have the compression effect - for $5! Now, they are tight, b/c I had to get a medium and I am normally a small girl - can't imagine who would be wearing the small except for a 10 year old girl! But if you could use a little extra squeeze and don't want to spend lots of cash, you might want to try it out! Also, I am determined to keep a tennis ball under my desk and roll my foot on it whenever I am here - which is often. Have felt slight soreness in heel / arch for quite a while now and glad it hasn't blossomed, but really need to be more reactive to it.

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #1005
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

I bought new shoes yesterday and the ones I wear Saucony Omni came in Tink green which should clash nicely with my Rapunzel purple sparkle light skirt. I should be easy to see though. I do think I will have to order some of those charms though.

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: