Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #976
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears
 
Jlinrota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

Yep, I have run in them several times and they are great for adding some fun and bling to your outfit without it being instrusive on your run. They weigh next to nothing and you can wear whatever you are already comfortable with underneath...and they are affordable enough to build your running wardrobe up with tons of colors to match anything! A time or two towards the end of a race, the elastic band has ridden up over my compression bottoms and rubbed a little spot on my lower back (you never feel those until you hit the shower, and it's like SURPRISE!!! I hate that! ), but I know that was due to my hydration belt moving around some. So, now I use a few small safety pins before the race starts to pin it in back, front and sides to whatever bottoms I'm wearing underneath to make sure that doesn't happen.
Great idea. I will make sure to bring some safety pins. I already have horrible chaffing on my lower back from my sports bras and you are right you don't know until you hit the shower and it really stings. What brand of compression pants do you wear? I was thinking about getting a black Capri pair.
Jlinrota is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #977
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears
 
Jlinrota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09
Cripey-- Sign up for the 5K!!! We are walking the 5K also.
I have a sparkel skirt for that. Also if you do wear your Tutu who cares if it rides up. You will not be the only one!!!

They will have a bag check, Most of us get ready to get on the bus by 3:30AM ish, Race starts at 5:45. You will get snacks right after you finish. Last year I did not think they were that good. But thats me.
Thank you so much. I just want to get an idea what to expect.
Jlinrota is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #978
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Thank you so much. I just want to get an idea what to expect.
There is a ton of stuff after the finish, you can pay $10 for a 10 min massage
you can buy tshirts, get your medal ingraved, there is a dj.

My goup does not stay at the finish too long, we do the massage and head to the car and back to the resort.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #979
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Cripey-- Sign up for the 5K!!! We are walking the 5K also.
I have a sparkel skirt for that. Also if you do wear your Tutu who cares if it rides up. You will not be the only one!!!
Don't tempt me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Great idea. I will make sure to bring some safety pins. I already have horrible chaffing on my lower back from my sports bras and you are right you don't know until you hit the shower and it really stings. What brand of compression pants do you wear? I was thinking about getting a black Capri pair.
Since I started running I've just worn Nike Dri-fit compressions in shorts and capris, but while THEY call them compression, they aren't so much compared to serious, targeted compression like CW-X. CW-X compression bottoms just don't fit me right though, unfortunately. If they did, I'd probably never take them off! However, I recently stumbled on a pair of Brooks compression capris in my local running store that I really really like. They are a little long on me for capris, but I'm used to that by now. They feel more like true compression than my Nike ones...sort of halfway between the Nike and CW-X. I've only had them for a couple of weeks, but I'm liking them alot...will probably run Tink in them and, if that goes well, Princess too.
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #980
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,996

Cripey, did you see the Double Dumbo Challange at DL?

Do the 10K and the Half and you get a Double Dumbo Medal

Man, if it did not cost so much to get there. UGH!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #981
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS
 
sherekhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Just booked our final (I think!) ADR for this trip...breakfast at Kona on the day we leave...I can already taste it. I know everyone goes there for the Tonga toast, but when I was there for Thanksgiving I had the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes for the first time. speechless. Those things are the BEST. I can't wait to have them again! Hopefully this will keep me plugging away for the next month+...knowing how much deliciousness I plan on eating after this race!

It makes me wish I was walking the 5k or something to at least get some use out of it because it was on the expensive side for sure. So, I've just put in an order to "old faithful", a.k.a. Team Sparkle, which is what I should have just done to begin with. I may change my mind between now and then and find a way to deal with it, but I want to have what I already know works for sure just in case.
We're at the Poly so maybe we'll see each other stuffing our faces there if I don't make it to the extra magic hours. We'll see how much I love my children the morning after.

Doooo the 5K! I'm the kind of person that wears 3 or 4 costumes over a Halloween weekend for different events, so I'm glad to get to do a character for the 5K and wear a sparkle skirt for the Half.
sherekhan is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #982
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Cripey, did you see the Double Dumbo Challange at DL?

Do the 10K and the Half and you get a Double Dumbo Medal

Man, if it did not cost so much to get there. UGH!
Oh yes, I can't stop thinking about it! I swore off the DL half after I ran it in 2011 because of the inhumane conditions I'm required to train in here in Texas to be ready for a Labor Day weekend race. I LOATHED every single second of it! BUT, I really really want to do this Dumbo challenge now! Last week I was all in, gave up debating and just said I'm doing it! But, a new development has come up at work just today that might mean the BF and I can have an entire week at WDW for Thanksgiving...and we always want to be there for F&W too...so I'm not sure we can swing THREE Disney trips in three months...2, probably, but not 3. So, we have to discuss which one is going to get the axe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
We're at the Poly so maybe we'll see each other stuffing our faces there if I don't make it to the extra magic hours. We'll see how much I love my children the morning after.

Doooo the 5K! I'm the kind of person that wears 3 or 4 costumes over a Halloween weekend for different events, so I'm glad to get to do a character for the 5K and wear a sparkle skirt for the Half.
aaaahhhh! Now I'm really going to start thinking about it! Thanks alot yall!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #983
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Oh.my.goodness princesses. Update. I have a horrifying stomach virus that landed me in the er. So insane. Im home now. On an amazing front they did a sono and we saw the tiny flicker heartbeat! At only 5w5d that is pretty amazing! But i am very sick still so please send me any healthy vibes you can spare. Love you all and happy training!
Ugh, so sorry you were that sick! Sending good thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
So, I've just put in an order to "old faithful", a.k.a. Team Sparkle, which is what I should have just done to begin with.
If it makes you feel better, you're in good company! I bought a Sparkle Skirt for a Snow outfit and HATE it; those things are well made but not intended for short people, is all I can think. I look like a kid playing dress-up! Not badass at all. I'm trying to talk myself into re-wearing my Team Sparkle skirt from the TOT, even though it's on the big side and kept twisting and turning all over the place. Maybe if I use your safety pin method I can deal with it... though the pink camo skirt is kinda calling me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Oh yes, I can't stop thinking about it! I swore off the DL half after I ran it in 2011 because of the inhumane conditions I'm required to train in here in Texas to be ready for a Labor Day weekend race. I LOATHED every single second of it! BUT, I really really want to do this Dumbo challenge now!
I had to comment here, too - 'member how I said "never again!" to training through the long, miserable FL summer? Yeah, pretty sure I'll be signing up for the 2013 TOT again. Hello long, hot, miserable summer runs. I want redemption, darn it!
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 8/11: Shoe Review Times TWO: Newton Running's Distance & Fate!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #984
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Ugh, so sorry you were that sick! Sending good thoughts!


If it makes you feel better, you're in good company! I bought a Sparkle Skirt for a Snow outfit and HATE it; those things are well made but not intended for short people, is all I can think. I look like a kid playing dress-up! Not badass at all. I'm trying to talk myself into re-wearing my Team Sparkle skirt from the TOT, even though it's on the big side and kept twisting and turning all over the place. Maybe if I use your safety pin method I can deal with it... though the pink camo skirt is kinda calling me...


I had to comment here, too - 'member how I said "never again!" to training through the long, miserable FL summer? Yeah, pretty sure I'll be signing up for the 2013 TOT again. Hello long, hot, miserable summer runs. I want redemption, darn it!
I've had that same thought about Sparkle Skirts...I've checked them out at the expos and they practically come to my knees So, Team Sparkle it is. I even ordered one for Tink today too...the skirt/tutu I had made for that one isn't working out either. That one only cost me about half of what the other one did, so I'm not TOO torn about it, but knowing that I'm probably not going to wear either one now, plus bought 2 new Team Sparkle skirts to wear... Trying not to do the math. I think I've learned my lesson once and for all.

LOL! I don't think we're looking to do ToT again just yet. If we go down for F&W again this year, it'll probably be closer to the end of October and most likely solely for F&W...though I'd love to do W&D again...if they would just move it up a week. I HATE that it's the last weekend of the festival now...I can't walk around and eat all that deliciousness and THEN run a half...that's just backwards!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #985
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Just booked our final (I think!) ADR for this trip...breakfast at Kona on the day we leave...I can already taste it. I know everyone goes there for the Tonga toast, but when I was there for Thanksgiving I had the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes for the first time. speechless. Those things are the BEST. I can't wait to have them again! Hopefully this will keep me plugging away for the next month+...knowing how much deliciousness I plan on eating after this race!

Aaaand, I am SO torn about my tutu skirt that I had made for this race I LOVE it...so adorable, but now I'm not sure about running in it. I know exactly where it's going to ride up in the back under my hydration belt without even having to try it out. I'm going to end up looking like the lady coming out of the bathroom with her dress tucked into her stockings. Also, why am I in denial about being able to wear a tutu when I have way to much junk in my trunk? I keep thinking "oh well, this one's made this way so it'll work and look better than the other ones." no. no it won't. I know how picky I am, but I seem to forget that when fluffy girly things are in front of me! It makes me wish I was walking the 5k or something to at least get some use out of it because it was on the expensive side for sure. So, I've just put in an order to "old faithful", a.k.a. Team Sparkle, which is what I should have just done to begin with. I may change my mind between now and then and find a way to deal with it, but I want to have what I already know works for sure just in case.
My friend and I are leaving on Monday and we're doing Kona for breakfast that morning too! I LOVE the macadamia nut pineapple pancakes too and that's what I'll be having! The tonga toast is a tad bit too sweet for me. I'm so excited!!

I made a tutu for the PHM but then when I tried it on I decided that I couldn't deal with it for 13.1 miles. So I ordered a skirt from Team Sparkle too! They look a little sheer and I didn't want to wear black spandex under it (I ordered a yellow one) so I ordered yellow spandex off of Amazon to see how that looks. who knows, maybe I'll give the tutu a shot on one of my long runs just to see but like you, I'd rather have the skirt because I know I'm ok with that. Now I just have to wait for it to get here!
Tracerr00 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #986
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
My friend and I are leaving on Monday and we're doing Kona for breakfast that morning too! I LOVE the macadamia nut pineapple pancakes too and that's what I'll be having! The tonga toast is a tad bit too sweet for me. I'm so excited!!

I made a tutu for the PHM but then when I tried it on I decided that I couldn't deal with it for 13.1 miles. So I ordered a skirt from Team Sparkle too! They look a little sheer and I didn't want to wear black spandex under it (I ordered a yellow one) so I ordered yellow spandex off of Amazon to see how that looks. who knows, maybe I'll give the tutu a shot on one of my long runs just to see but like you, I'd rather have the skirt because I know I'm ok with that. Now I just have to wait for it to get here!

They are definitely sheer...I normally wear black under, but one time wore a pair of white shorts under...I haven't thought to try to get different colored spandex shorts! I ordered yellow too...and the lime green for Tink. I'll probably just stick with my black compression underneath though for both...I already wasted enough $$ on the tutus!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #987
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

If you have FB, check out the pics and post runDisney just posted! Soooo awesome Wish I could get my hands on a pair!!!!!

(for those not on FB...runDisney just announced New Balance as their official shoe...and have a men's and women's very limited edition shoe that will be available at the marathon expo this weekend...and surely on ebay 10 minutes after the expo opens ...they are super cute!)
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #988
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran
 
MoonFaerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Big Orange Country
Posts: 1,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
If you have FB, check out the pics and post runDisney just posted! Soooo awesome Wish I could get my hands on a pair!!!!!

(for those not on FB...runDisney just announced New Balance as their official shoe...and have a men's and women's very limited edition shoe that will be available at the marathon expo this weekend...and surely on ebay 10 minutes after the expo opens ...they are super cute!)
They are super cute! I wish they weren't a stability shoe though.

I'm going Saturday to get some new shoes. I've got to get this blister situation under control! The arch of my right foot is a mess of blisters and calluses. I'm pretty sure I know what the solution is going to be - buy 2 different size shoes. As if I don't spend enough on running shoes already. I'm hoping we can find a solution using inserts or lacing or something though.
__________________
Me DS (10) DD (9)
MoonFaerie is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #989
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran
 
tinkeramy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. GA
Posts: 596

SIX WEEKS! This is the time where I get SUPER antsy. So close to race day, so far away. Close enough to be getting all excited and imagine what we're going to do, where we are going to eat, the pictures we will take.... but far enough away to make the time draaaaaaaag!

I can't decide if trolling YouTube videos is going to make this feeling better or worse!!!

For those readers who need a Dis fix - found an entertaining book called "Hidden Mickey: Sometimes Dead Men Do Tell Tales" by Nancy Rodrigue Temple and David Smith. Got it when it was free / cheap one day on Kindle. Super cute - the premise is that Walt has left behind a treasure hunt in an old diary and these three people find it and follow it. It's centered around Disneyland and I've never been so it was a little hard for me to picture some of the things mentioned, but I got sucked in nonetheless. There are about 4 or 5 of these in the series. Disnerds would enjoy!
__________________
Amy
www.momsmagicalmiles.blogspot.com




July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
tinkeramy is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #990
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS
 
sherekhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
My friend and I are leaving on Monday and we're doing Kona for breakfast that morning too! I LOVE the macadamia nut pineapple pancakes too and that's what I'll be having! The tonga toast is a tad bit too sweet for me. I'm so excited!!
Well, this is making me want to bag the early magic hour for my kids and come pancake it up with y'all
sherekhan is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: