Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #886
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Thank you!! This will be my first time running in wings. Did you pin your or just wrap the straps around a racerback?
I pretty much followed the advice of the link someone else just posted. To be more accurate, my princess partner did it WHILE we were walking to the corrals, in the dart. Pretty impressive. They were bigger than the ones you are wearing - I got the child-size Tink ones for Dis store - and they didn't bounce or bother me once. Totally forgot they were there.

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #887
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Here's a site on how to do your wings if you haven't seen it: http://www.active.com/women/Articles...o-Run-in-Wings

If it makes you feel better about not carrying a wand...neither does Tink. It wouldn't be accurate to carry one anyway. the costume looks fabulous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
I pretty much followed the advice of the link someone else just posted. To be more accurate, my princess partner did it WHILE we were walking to the corrals, in the dart. Pretty impressive. They were bigger than the ones you are wearing - I got the child-size Tink ones for Dis store - and they didn't bounce or bother me once. Totally forgot they were there.
I think that's the same link I used too. I tied them around my sports bra (since the dress itself only has thin straps in the back). I'm not sure where I'd stick pins though so I may skip that part.

I was thinking about either spray painting my shoes or finding green Vibrams to break in for the day, but I may stick with my pink ones. I've had enough physical set-backs so I'm not sure I want even a minor change for shoes now.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #888
Southerngirl71
Mouseketeer

Hi,
I have so many questions. My friend and I will be doing our first half marathon. Our main goal is to finish without being swept. Neither of us are experienced runners and will walk more than run. Is there anything that we should know for race day? We are not sure what to be prepared for. We are staying at All Star Sports. What time should we be on the bus? Should we bring water with us or is that provided along the race? I know we should dress in layers. Just wondering if there are any "need to know" things we should be prepared for.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #889
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngirl71 View Post
Hi,
I have so many questions. My friend and I will be doing our first half marathon. Our main goal is to finish without being swept. Neither of us are experienced runners and will walk more than run. Is there anything that we should know for race day? We are not sure what to be prepared for. We are staying at All Star Sports. What time should we be on the bus? Should we bring water with us or is that provided along the race? I know we should dress in layers. Just wondering if there are any "need to know" things we should be prepared for.
Welcome to the thread and another Lori ! While I can't answer some of the questions asked since I am a first timer too...I can tell you I will probably be doing much, much, walking but....on my long run of 10 miles on sat, hubby &I avg 12:49 per mile. So walking & being under the 16 min mile pace can be done ! The fellow princess' on the thread are great and many will also be run /walk the PHM. Keep the faith
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #890
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngirl71 View Post
Hi,
This will be my 3rd PHM I am a walk runner too.
To answer your water questions I do carry my water. Waiting for water stops is not enough for me. Its about every 1.5 -2 miles.

My only advise that I have seen over the past 2 PHM. If you think you are closer to the 16mm don't wait in long lines for pictures.

Enjoy it, it is an AMAZING weekend.

It was life changing for me.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #891
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Ok so I have some news I need to share with you princesses. I am almost 6 weeks preg!
What wonderful news - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Quote:
Here's what I am wearing. I still need to get a green running belt and head band (mine are pink) but otherwise here it is:

Absolutely adorable - AND you look comfy, too! I have to laugh a little;my race outfit is pretty much the polar opposite of yours - mostly black and covered from head to toe, lol! I may secretly be very happy that we'll be in the 80s all this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
7.5 miles done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Hello Princesses! I ran 6 miles today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
8.4 miles (record distance for me)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
I did a 7 today up here on the North Shore to get the long run out of the way
Quote:
I "hamster-wheeled" my 7 today.
Quote:
Made it for 6 today

Congrats on getting it done, ladies - we've GOT this!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #892
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngirl71
Hi,
Congratulations!!! You are going to have a blast! This will be my 4th Princess Half Marathon. I walk /run ever year. That way you can enjoy it. I've never even come close to being swept. Last year I finished in 3 hours.
I stayed at the All Star Sports last year and had no complaints. A lot of runners stay at All Star Sports but there were plenty of buses so we did not have to wait. We got on about 3:00 and got to our corral in plenty if time. The only thing I would forewarn you about is the bus line after the race. It was as long as the Epcot parking lot. It took us almost an hour to get on.
I take an old beach towel to wrap up in while we wait. I just leave it when the race starts. Last year was kinda drizzle rain but the year before was really warm. This year I'm taking a Mylar blanket. I got it at the end of a race I did Thanksgiving.
My best advise is to not stress about it. It really is a fun race and there are tons of people who walk -run.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
Old 01-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #893
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
Congratulations!!! You are going to have a blast! This will be my 4th Princess Half Marathon. I walk /run ever year. That way you can enjoy it. I've never even come close to being swept. Last year I finished in 3 hours.
I stayed at the All Star Sports last year and had no complaints. A lot of runners stay at All Star Sports but there were plenty of buses so we did not have to wait. We got on about 3:00 and got to our corral in plenty if time. The only thing I would forewarn you about is the bus line after the race. It was as long as the Epcot parking lot. It took us almost an hour to get on.
I take an old beach towel to wrap up in while we wait. I just leave it when the race starts. Last year was kinda drizzle rain but the year before was really warm. This year I'm taking a Mylar blanket. I got it at the end of a race I did Thanksgiving.
My best advise is to not stress about it. It really is a fun race and there are tons of people who walk -run.
When I did PHM in 2011, the bus lines post-race were super long too...but only for our hotel it seemed like (which was All Star that year.) I was ready to be off my feet so we just jumped on the nearest bus that had no line, regardless of where it was going, and once we got there, grabbed a cab back to our hotel. Might have taken a little bit longer, but at least I was sitting for most of it! So, you might want to bring a little cash with you just in case...you could get a cab from Epcot too, but I think it's a bit of a walk from the reunion area to the lot with the cabs...I'm normally all turned around though, so it's possible they are closer than I'm thinking!

oh, first-timers, bring an extra $20! There will be a booth in the finish/reunion area that will engrave your name and finish time on the back of your medal for $20 while you wait. The line can get long sometimes, but once you get to the front of it, I've usually only had to wait 10 minutes or so for it to be ready...I usually use that time to stretch and rehydrate.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #894
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Okay, made a super ginormously long blog post just for new princesses. It's everything I wanted to know about the Princess before my first time. If I've forgotten anything else, repeat princesses chime in!

http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...-princess.html

Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #895
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Okay, made a super ginormously long blog post just for new princesses. It's everything I wanted to know about the Princess before my first time. If I've forgotten anything else, repeat princesses chime in!

As a first timer- that post and the play by play post you had posted last year-- DEFINITELY helped. And now I wish there were less than 6 weeks and 6 days to go. I'm so excited!

[/img]
Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #896
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for posting your blog post. It's very helpful and informative.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #897
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy

Great post! That's the first I've heard about the possibility of not getting to run down Main Street. Great! Now I have something else to worry about! Lol. Any idea what time I would have to make it to MK to get to run down Main Street?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #898
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Great post! That's the first I've heard about the possibility of not getting to run down Main Street. Great! Now I have something else to worry about! Lol. Any idea what time I would have to make it to MK to get to run down Main Street?
Don't worry! I think it was pretty late; I just remember someone on this board after last year's race mentioning it and wanted to put it out there. The person was pretty upset and it kind of threw her off for a while during her run.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #899
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

You look beautiful! You are my inspiration. Thank you for sharing, you have really motivated me to continue to run and find a cute costume.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #900
newddmommie
Mouseketeer

Getting really excited for the race!! Even if i'm turning 30 at the same time Just wanting on my Belle costume to arrive. Plan on running 11 miles this weekend. Keep on running ladies!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: