Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #871
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Catching up on my updates and drinking hot chocolate protein mix while sitting in an ice bath in the middle of January. Alongside today's 8.4 miles (record distance for me), chalk all of this up to things I never thought I would do a year ago!

Many many congrats to PrincessAllegra. Sending you many wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy. And also much amazement for you awesome Christmas village and video. Your husband is clearly very talented. What a fun holiday decoration!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #872
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
I just saw that, too!!!

I put on my costume this morning and was going to brave a mile in the cold just to see but DH stopped me and told me about Saturday's "heat wave." Woo!!!!
I did a 7 today up here on the North Shore to get the long run out of the way, but I'm eagerly awaiting the warm weather. No costume test today, but I might try out my Pochahontas stuff for the Royal 5K I'm doing with my 9 year old, who is running as Meeko
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #873
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
Wow you look awesome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix View Post
Princess on the Run - I love the costume! Perfect fabric (at least the look of it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
OMG....love the costume and WOW....you look great!! This red head certainly doesn't look like you..something to aspire to reach!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
You and your costume look fantastic!!!
Thanks so much!!!! You guys are making me feel all warm and fuzzy today when I've been feeling like such a slacker lately with my bum knee. Princesses rock!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
I did a 7 today up here on the North Shore to get the long run out of the way, but I'm eagerly awaiting the warm weather. No costume test today, but I might try out my Pochahontas stuff for the Royal 5K I'm doing with my 9 year old, who is running as Meeko
How cute!!!! I want to see you both!! Well done on 7!!

I "hamster-wheeled" my 7 today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but there are a TON of NY resolution walkers in there that don't know the whole "walkers on the inside" and one direction only rules. I had a few near collisions, but there were some basketball leagues going on int he gym underneath so I tried to keep myself busy people watching so I didn't get habitrail fever.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #874
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I also wanted to share this very special video my hubs made of our Disney Christmas Village! It is his project and it's really truly amazing. Anything with lights you see he custom did. He custom lit the Contemporary, GF, Poly, and even did the color changing LED's on the castle! Sorry for the pulsing lights in the video, that's just how the LED's translate onto HD. I don't know how to fix that. I know this will get you all even more psyched to be running!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWC6hLB0W0

OMG just finally got to watch this now. So freakin' cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #875
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok so I have some news I need to share with you princesses. I am almost 6 weeks preg! Crazy! I was feeling great and getting my runs in up until two days ago I've been waking up heaving and puking! Oh boy! I am just taking it really easy and going to get my runs in the late afternoon instead. Please send any sticky baby vibes our way! We have had an early loss before so we are a bit nervous but really really happy.

I also wanted to share this very special video my hubs made of our Disney Christmas Village! It is his project and it's really truly amazing. Anything with lights you see he custom did. He custom lit the Contemporary, GF, Poly, and even did the color changing LED's on the castle! Sorry for the pulsing lights in the video, that's just how the LED's translate onto HD. I don't know how to fix that. I know this will get you all even more psyched to be running!!!!

Congrats!!!

And thanks for sharing the video...VERY cool

Quote:
I just saw that, too!!!

I put on my costume this morning and was going to brave a mile in the cold just to see but DH stopped me and told me about Saturday's "heat wave." Woo!!!!

But since I had it on, I had him take a picture. Here's what I am wearing. I still need to get a green running belt and head band (mine are pink) but otherwise here it is:

I have a wand but I think I will skip it since I plan on having my phone, KTTW, iPod Shuffle and cash in my belt pouch and my camera in hand. I don't need another thing to carry for 13.1 miles.
That is an amazing costume. It looks like it would not be hard to run in. I have to ask... the vibrams. You do plan to run the phm in them? While I do not run in vibrams... I do run in a nike free run and was planning to run the phm in them. The sales people at the store made it sound like I was going to do something wrong. Yet... even they were shocked when I put something on with more "cushion" (ie. something with more heel to toe drop) I instantly was over pronating. In the minimalist shoes... I don't. Still, they planted that darn seed that I was going to be doing damage to myself. I would like to know I am not the only one running the phm in a minimalist shoe.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #876
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Hey, y'all - since we were discussing mileage goals I created what I hope will be a fun challenge on DailyMile. Look in the Community tab for challenges - I titled mine "DISers to 500... and beyond!" I thought it would be fun for anyone from the DisBoards to track their miles this year. After you click "join", you don't have to do anything else. Whenever you input your runs into DailyMile, it will automatically update you on the challenge page. However, since I didn't think to do this until now, it won't let me back date it to 1/1. So, if you ran 20 miles last week, you're kinda screwed as far as counting it to 500 for the challenge - sorry. Anyway, I sent an invite to some people I knew on DM, but it's open to anyone who wants to join!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #877
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Oh - and Princess Allegra, big congrats! Now to get a jogging stroller! Princess on the Run, I have extreme Tinkerbell envy - your costume is beautiful! While I will miss my wings this year, I will be gettin' my Belle on and having fun with it!

Made it for 6 today and gave my shins a break by going back to my previous running path (we moved 20 minutes away at the end of summer) which is scenic and completely flat. Been in a running funk due to the extreme lack of scenery in the new hood, the hills that are hating me and the colder weather. Yes, I know - some of you are running in literal freezing conditions, but this Georgia girl was not made for below 50! I hate that feeling where I am sweating, yet I am still cold! Anyway, went back to the old path today and had a lovely run by the Chattahoochee River on a completely flat path. It still wasn't great, but I'm sure it was better than if I had run on one of the main roads near my house where I would have a view of gas stations, Goodwill, Publix and Home Depot!!!! Everytime a cold breeze blew in my face my mantra would start: "I'm doing this to get to Disney. I'm doing this to get to Disney." When a girl's got a non-Disney lovin' husband, she's gotta do what she's gotta do to get her fix in!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #878
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda
That is an amazing costume. It looks like it would not be hard to run in. I have to ask... the vibrams. You do plan to run the phm in them? While I do not run in vibrams... I do run in a nike free run and was planning to run the phm in them. The sales people at the store made it sound like I was going to do something wrong. Yet... even they were shocked when I put something on with more "cushion" (ie. something with more heel to toe drop) I instantly was over pronating. In the minimalist shoes... I don't. Still, they planted that darn seed that I was going to be doing damage to myself. I would like to know I am not the only one running the phm in a minimalist shoe.
I am going to run in them. I love them and they make me happy. People have suggested the same to me that they're awful and going to hurt me. I even gave in at one point when my ITBS started and I got new shoes but that didn't help the ITBS. I started PT and the most awesome thing happened that my PT by some miracle is a minimalist runner! He believed in them the way I do and he told me we were going to work with both shoes just to prove a point. My body works better in minimalist shoes and he helped me remove any doubt. I didn't know he ran "barefoot" when I went to him. It was karma or fate that I found him. I run better in them and I can feel it. I did Tough Mudder in them (12+ miles) and other runs. I hated the other shoes and didn't even want to run. I say wear what makes your feet happy!!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #879
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok so I have some news I need to share with you princesses. I am almost 6 weeks preg! Crazy! I was feeling great and getting my runs in up until two days ago I've been waking up heaving and puking! Oh boy! I am just taking it really easy and going to get my runs in the late afternoon instead. Please send any sticky baby vibes our way! We have had an early loss before so we are a bit nervous but really really happy.

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you and sending you lots of happy, healthy pregnancy vibes. I know how much it sucks to be sick but it is the sign of a healthy early pregnancy. Means your hormones are nice and high - its a good sign for a sticky baby. I know its hard when your head is in the toilet but try to remember its a good thing. Hang in there momma.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #880
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just saw that, too!!!

But since I had it on, I had him take a picture. Here's what I am wearing. I still need to get a green running belt and head band (mine are pink) but otherwise here it is:

I have a wand but I think I will skip it since I plan on having my phone, KTTW, iPod Shuffle and cash in my belt pouch and my camera in hand. I don't need another thing to carry for 13.1 miles.

Gorgeous girlie! Love it! You look amazing in that too - I think I may hate you a little bit. Okay, no I don't but damn girl you look good!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #881
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Hey, y'all - since we were discussing mileage goals I created what I hope will be a fun challenge on DailyMile. Look in the Community tab for challenges - I titled mine "DISers to 500... and beyond!" I thought it would be fun for anyone from the DisBoards to track their miles this year. After you click "join", you don't have to do anything else. Whenever you input your runs into DailyMile, it will automatically update you on the challenge page. However, since I didn't think to do this until now, it won't let me back date it to 1/1. So, if you ran 20 miles last week, you're kinda screwed as far as counting it to 500 for the challenge - sorry. Anyway, I sent an invite to some people I knew on DM, but it's open to anyone who wants to join!
Here's the link: http://www.dailymile.com/challenges/...500-and-beyond

Bummer that my 17 miles so far this month don't count. Guess my new 2013 goal is 1017 miles.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #882
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Gorgeous girlie! Love it! You look amazing in that too - I think I may hate you a little bit. Okay, no I don't but damn girl you look good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Princess on the Run, I have extreme Tinkerbell envy - your costume is beautiful! While I will miss my wings this year, I will be gettin' my Belle on and having fun with it!
Thank you!! This will be my first time running in wings. Did you pin your or just wrap the straps around a racerback?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #883
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Thank you!! This will be my first time running in wings. Did you pin your or just wrap the straps around a racerback?
Here's a site on how to do your wings if you haven't seen it: http://www.active.com/women/Articles...o-Run-in-Wings

If it makes you feel better about not carrying a wand...neither does Tink. It wouldn't be accurate to carry one anyway. the costume looks fabulous!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #884
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:

Congratulations! Hydrate for 2!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #885
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am going to run in them. I love them and they make me happy. People have suggested the same to me that they're awful and going to hurt me. I even gave in at one point when my ITBS started and I got new shoes but that didn't help the ITBS. I started PT and the most awesome thing happened that my PT by some miracle is a minimalist runner! He believed in them the way I do and he told me we were going to work with both shoes just to prove a point. My body works better in minimalist shoes and he helped me remove any doubt. I didn't know he ran "barefoot" when I went to him. It was karma or fate that I found him. I run better in them and I can feel it. I did Tough Mudder in them (12+ miles) and other runs. I hated the other shoes and didn't even want to run. I say wear what makes your feet happy!!!!
Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: