Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #676
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Thanks, I am pretty sore today. I did my 8 on an indoor track yesterday due to the snow yesterday made the roads to slick to run. I felt like a hampster. Round & Round & Round. 8 laps = 1 mile. I wish I could find a bigger track.
I hate the stupid indoor track. I only use it for short runs though. I think my plan for the winter is - 1 short run on the indoor track doing speed work, 1 short run on the treadmill doing a hill workout (assuming the treadmills in the university gym has a programmable options like that), and then my long run outside on the weekend. I'm flexible to long runs on Sat or Sun, so I'm hoping I won't have to do too many long runs indoors.

It's really a pain to keep up with distance inside. My GPS doesn't work in there, so I have to manually count. It makes the zoning out harder.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #677
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Nada....zip....zero....commando!
Yup. Panties aren't for running, in my world.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #678
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Congrats on the pain free run! I'm with you on the pace and hoping after my Doc visit 7 Jan I will have better breathing ( really thinking I could have the exercised induced asthma too...cold weather here in San Antonio is making my lungs hurt just a little more). Running coach assured me doing the mileage is more important than the pace right now.
Thanks! And that's totally my thought - just do the distance and don't make my ITBS act up. If I feel like going all-out on race day, so be it - I can take the next month off if necessary - but I must stay unhurt until then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Fabulous!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Well done!!!!

All of us gimps are gearing up and getting ready!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Nada....zip....zero....commando!
ITA, generally speaking - if the running shorts/tights/capris have a built-in liner, I don't add anything underneath. Except when it's cold - I really could've used an extra layer yesterday to keep my cranky glutes warmer but opted not to endure visible panty lines and went commando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinfletch View Post
Love that princesses can talk about ANYTHING! Thanks to whoever suggested compression tights. I wore them after my walk under leggings- much less fatigue in my legs, not to mention how warm & cozy they felt.
I just ordered a second, full-length pair of CW-X Pro's, i lvoe my capris so much! Full tights = one less item (calf sleeves) to think about on race day. Plus I had a 20% off coupon, lol!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #679
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouserQ View Post
I just spoke to someone at the Disney Sporting Reservations (or whatever they are called) to confirm my reservation, pay my balance, and ask her why I couldn't get the reservation to show up on my WDW website account.

She told me that since the reservations had been made through a third party (even though that third party is still an arm of Disney) they could not be linked to the website.

Bummer, though. I like to have everything in one place, too! (I use TripIt, and highly recommend it, but it would be nice if it were on the Disney site...)
Thank you!!! I kind of guessed that but the CM at Sports Travel that I asked the first time said she wasn't sure why it wasn't going to the website and maybe it was because of the new site problems and the 2nd one I talked to just didn't know the answer. I didn't want to keep trying if it was just never going to happen anyway. But yes, it is annoying that it can't all be in one place!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #680
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I don't know guys- I was able to link my reservation made through a TA through the website. I can't adjust or pay on it, but I can see it and have a countdown! This was for the princess trip. I just added it with the confirmation number. It asked how I made it as well, and then it magically appeared.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #681
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2
I don't know guys- I was able to link my reservation made through a TA through the website. I can't adjust or pay on it, but I can see it and have a countdown! This was for the princess trip. I just added it with the confirmation number. It asked how I made it as well, and then it magically appeared.
ETA: linked through old website. No idea about the new and not improved craptastic website. Ugh

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #682
MouserQ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
ETA: linked through old website. No idea about the new and not improved craptastic website. Ugh
Yeah, it's my memory that I was able to see my reservation on the old website, too, after entering my res. number. Not any more, though.

Don't they know they should ask us before they change anything!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #683
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'd just be happy if the change actually worked! It stinks!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #684
annabanna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Can you ladies do me a favor and look at the WDW website and see if your resort reservations booked through runDisney show up? I posted a thread in the main WISH forum but it wasn't getting any answers when I last looked. WShat I'm trying to find out is if runDisney reservations just don't show up on the website or if it's because of the problems with the new site. My Everest reservations never showed up on the website though and I made them the day before the new website took over. I know the reservation is there because I've called back and I have the emails showing payment. I just hate that they aren't on the website because my OCD mind needs them to be there.
I called to make my final payment and add my DME info and asked the same thing. She told me that the system won't let it link because I made me ressie through runDisney. I told her that made sense except for the fact that up until about 6 weeks ago I had no problem getting my reservation to show up on the Disney site.
She did say that was weird but that with all the problems they have been having, I should just wait it out. I figure that I will be rounding the castle about the time the website gets figured out.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #685
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanna

I called to make my final payment and add my DME info and asked the same thing. She told me that the system won't let it link because I made me ressie through runDisney. I told her that made sense except for the fact that up until about 6 weeks ago I had no problem getting my reservation to show up on the Disney site.
She did say that was weird but that with all the problems they have been having, I should just wait it out. I figure that I will be rounding the castle about the time the website gets figured out.
LOL!!!! About rounding the castle before they fix the website.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #686
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Happy New Year Princesses! Wishing every one of you a wonderful 2013!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #687
kak2836
Earning My Ears

Hi! Can I be added to the Princess 1/2 list..My friend and I are doing it..she doesn't have an account but her name is Jen! Thanks!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #688
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

SO! We just called to add the dining plan to our ressie with the CM discount (our good friend is a cm), and it was sold out at POR. So we upgraded to a Preferred King room at CSR with dining. So after all that now I gotta brace myself for expo crowds at my home resort! We are happy though because we do love CSR. I can't believe how close we are!!!

ETA: I still don't know how they're gonna fit an expo for 20,000 runners into CSR but I have faith in Disney magic!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13

Last edited by princessallegra; 01-01-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #689
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Happy new year princesses! I kicked off the year right with a 10k on the beach and an icy plunge into the ocean!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #690
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mine's the same size and I lose my mind. Sometimes they are playing basketball in the gym underneath or I would go when my boys had indoor flag football i there and watch, but basically I am like a caged animal.

I opted for outside today. It was only 30* and I ran in 22* last weekend so I figured I'd give it a shot. Originally I was going to do 6 miles today but I couldn't get motivated so I told myself to get out there and do what you can given the cold and everything. I figured at least 1-2 miles was better than nothing. 2 became 3 which turned into 5.2. It wasn't my best pace but I ran the whole thing which I haven't been able to do in ages (usually I stop and walk a bit in between). In the last mile, I could feel a little strain on my knee but not too bad really and it's fine now. So I'm calling it progress. I figure that if I can at least run most of the 13.1 and then my IT band gimps out on me, I should be able to walk/run it in and stay under pace.
good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Okay ladies - here comes a TMI question for you

So today I went 16kms in the freezing cold (yes, thank you - I got off my tutu and went out there in below freezing temps to run) and I when I got my gear on I forgot to change out of my cotton panties. The grandest of oops moments if ever there was one! LOL! I know better then to run in cotton anything but I had a serious blond moment apparently.

So....anyways....

Well needless to say I am missing a large amount of skin in areas I don't want to be missing large amounts of skin.

I got in the shower when I got home and thought I was going to pass out from the pain of the water hitting me.

So....long story short, I'm not wearing panties for the rest of the day (I warned you it was a tmi situation) but I'm wondering if any of you have any advice on how to heal this little issue I have going on here with great speed.

I'm in agony over here people!
Sorry... I really am sorry you are uncomfortable, but your post was just hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Happy new year princesses! I kicked off the year right with a 10k on the beach and an icy plunge into the ocean!
Good job!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: