Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #3316
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
What is a "perfect princess"? Just wondering how you got selected. Congratulations and I hope you share your experience with us!
The Perfect Princesses are those awesome runners who have run all 4 of the previous PHM's and will be earning their 5th Princess Medal this weekend! So wish I was part of that group!!

Last edited by Mamasmurf227; 02-20-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #3317
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227

The Perfect Princesses are those awesome runners this weekend who have run all 4 of the previous PHM's. So wish I was part of that group!!
Thanks, that is so cool!
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #3318
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Running 10 miles outside so much easier than running 4 miles on the treadmill with my kids watching Arthur!!! It was either that or listen to them argue for 4 miles, but I'm actually not sure if I made the best decision there.

Can't wait to run outside down south. 13.1 with Disney entertainment will be a snap compared to that hamster-wheel, PBS purgatory!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #3319
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

I can't believe we're in the final countdown! It seems like we've been training for so long I almost didn't think this day would come. And of course, I'm freaking out about every twinge or ache - but I'm sure Disney spirit will get me through no matter

Thought I'd share my Rapunzel costume with y'all. I played around a LOT with my sewing machine but I think it works. I'm still toying with whether or not I'll be able to bring Pascal.

I'll have my hair braided for the event itself but If y'all see me - please say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #3320
cimrk01
Mouseketeer

Latest from NOAA

Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northwest after midnight.
Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming east in the afternoon.

Yeesh. Being from S.Florida running in rain is no fun. Did that a few months ago during a long run and had a mental fit at the 5th mile. Had water coming in my eyes the entire time and had to forget about listening to music given that the earplugs kept falling out.

And that was only wearing normal sporting running gear. Trying to imagine running in my tulle tutu all drenched in rain clinging to my legs...

I was soo excited after finishing up my Tutu over the weekend now I'm not even sure if I'm going to bother wearing it.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #3321
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Got a special email..kind of creepy at first, it is from Taylor Reynolds
But it was about being a "Perfect Princess", the are 324 of us. It said they wanted to crown me for the weekend and a was a member of the "Royal Club".
So it was pretty cool..324 5-peat runners out of the original 6000.

Hope all the weather doesn't mess up all the travel plans.
Joan, that's awesome. I can't wait to hear about all the special treatment they give you know that you're royalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie View Post
Hey NE Princesses-- what are you all hearing about the possible storm this weekend? It sounds like we'll be able to get out Friday night, but I am worried about making it back Sunday night! If it's really 12" in Boston Saturday night - Sunday, I don't know know if they'd let us land at Logan (though we don't get back until after midnight Monday AM). Because of work, I don't think we can go to the race if we can't get back.... Aaaahhh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
I'm flying out of Logan Saturday morning at 6 am. If I am stuck I will be pitching a minor hissy fit (but not really). I really hope Saturday night means Saturday night!
I hope you both get out of Logan without any issues. I'm hearing that Saturday should just be light snow/rain. Anything I'm hearing about the storm on Sunday is really vague - that it could track to the south, that it could be a mixture of a snow/rain event.

I'm lucky enough that I'm leaving out of Logan tomorrow morning, but I know not everyone's schedule allowed for a longer trip. Anyone else flying out tomorrow morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
Thought I'd share my Rapunzel costume with y'all. I played around a LOT with my sewing machine but I think it works. I'm still toying with whether or not I'll be able to bring Pascal.

I'll have my hair braided for the event itself but If y'all see me - please say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Love the outfit. Great job on the shirt! My friend is going as Rapunzel and she's going to try to attach her Pascal to her shoulder with either safety pins or by sewing on snaps.

I'm all checked in for my flight tomorrow. YAY!! Less than four hours left at work and then I can go home and pack. I get into Orlando around 11AM tomorrow, but I told my friend flying in from Phoenix that I'd wait for her flight and ride ME together, since she doesn't like buses. We're staying at AOA; anyone else?

Good luck to everyone dealing with weather issues. Just another added stress you don't need.

Holly
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #3322
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Well, it wasn't a race nightmare, but a portion of my dream last night was "narrated" by the voice that does the video shown on the ME... I think it's a sign that I seriously need a vacation yall. Oh well, at least I woke up smiling about it I plan to finally start packing tonight after my chiro appointment. I'm seriously concerned with going over the 50lb limit

So, has anyone ever used epsom salts to aid your ailing muscles? I've always heard a good soak in epsom is supposed to help. I bought a bag the other day at the store that had lavender oils in it too and thought I might bring some along with me...if anything just to soak my poor tired feet in through the week. Does it actually work? Funny...I was in the kitchen last night measuring out 2 cup portions and putting them in little baggies...and BF says "you know you are TOTALLY getting searched at the airport right? White stuff in baggies???" Woops! oh well! I'll make sure I'm a little early to the security line just in case.

EDITED: Plus, I'm sitting here at work TRYING my best to focus and get something done, but Kelly & Michael are broadcating live from WDW and it's making it soooooo hard to turn away from the TV!!!! It looks like a beautiful, sunny day there...and PACKED already!!

Last edited by Cripey; 02-20-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #3323
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Funny...I was in the kitchen last night measuring out 2 cup portions and putting them in little baggies...and BF says "you know you are TOTALLY getting searched at the airport right? White stuff in baggies???" Woops! oh well! I'll make sure I'm a little early to the security line just in case.
I bought some detergent that came in little pouches and I went to pack it for a trip. I shoed it to hubby and he told me just to spend the $$ and get some at the resort because it completely looked like something illegal.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #3324
Run4Eeyore
Earning My Ears

Long time lurker here, but thought I'd finally register and chime in!

I LOVE my Epsom salt baths. I take them a couple of times a week and swear by them for getting through heavy training! I was totally thinking about bringing some with me for post-race, but started worrying about airport security, too. Maybe I'll just bring a bath ball of some sort.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #3325
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Morning Princesses!

Hope you have a great weekend this weekend. Looks like the weather may not be your best friend but do not allow that to deter you from having a great time. Just remember, one stride at a time and you will soon be running through Cinderella Castle and then before long to the finish.

For you first time folks, this will be a life changing weekend. You will come out of the race with a new level of confidence that you will have from now on.

Wish I were there running as a frog. Maybe next year.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #3326
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Ok I am going to try this. Laying in bed on iPad. Woke in the night with a terrible belly ache and now my feet are like ice block, my body aches and throwing up..TMI

Walmart or Target sells little packs of liquid tide for washing..less than 3 oz.

Love salt bathes. I don't take them same day as LR but day after.

That's all I can right now.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #3327
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4Eeyore View Post
Long time lurker here, but thought I'd finally register and chime in!

I LOVE my Epsom salt baths. I take them a couple of times a week and swear by them for getting through heavy training! I was totally thinking about bringing some with me for post-race, but started worrying about airport security, too. Maybe I'll just bring a bath ball of some sort.
Oh great, I'm glad to hear from someone that has used them before! I'm still gonna bring them. If they see it and want to inspect, so be it...once the baggies are opened, it's pretty obvious it's not anything bad...and then their area will smell like a day spa for the rest of the morning

Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #3328
Lawyer Mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Ok I am going to try this. Laying in bed on iPad. Woke in the night with a terrible belly ache and now my feet are like ice block, my body aches and throwing up..TMI

Walmart or Target sells little packs of liquid tide for washing..less than 3 oz.

Love salt bathes. I don't take them same day as LR but day after.

That's all I can right now.
Oh no!!!! Joan, I'm so sorry. I really hope this passes fast. When is our Perfect Princess supposed to leave?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #3329
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
So, has anyone ever used epsom salts to aid your ailing muscles?
I do, on advice from my chiro... I honestly can't say if the salt does anything more than a plain ol' hot bath does, but for sure, my body likes a hot soak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Morning Princesses!

Hope you have a great weekend this weekend. Looks like the weather may not be your best friend but do not allow that to deter you from having a great time. Just remember, one stride at a time and you will soon be running through Cinderella Castle and then before long to the finish.

For you first time folks, this will be a life changing weekend. You will come out of the race with a new level of confidence that you will have from now on.

Wish I were there running as a frog. Maybe next year.
Thansk so much, Coach!

Quote:
NOOOOOO! No, no, no, no! I'm so sorry Hope it passes super-quick!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #3330
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh great, I'm glad to hear from someone that has used them before! I'm still gonna bring them. If they see it and want to inspect, so be it...once the baggies are opened, it's pretty obvious it's not anything bad...and then their area will smell like a day spa for the rest of the morning
Hey Cripey, I am driving up there. I can bring some and leave them at the front desk for ya or give them to you directly. Let me know!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: