Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #3256
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

Believe I read they have power aide lime flavor along the course. Our running coach suggested we find out what they would serve along the course and try it BEFORE race day and before a short run just to see how our bodies and tummy's would react. We both did fine...but I know some folks have had ...hmmmmm...adverse reactions so to speak... so....if you haven't had power aide before go get some and try it out from the comfort of your home versus the porta potty ![/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, if it's the same as what they provided in January for the half marathon, then it's diluted PowerAid. It wasn't really very strong. With the heat and humidity, it will be very important this weekend to keep hydrated and keep those electrolytes up during the race. What worked for me in January was alternating PowerAid and water at each station. I made sure to stop at each station and they served PowerAid at the first half of each station and water in the back half. If I got enough PowerAid, then I would also grab a water at the end and dump it over my head or down my back to try and stay cool.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #3257
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I'm sure we've talked about it before...but who all is staying at CSR? Once I get in Friday, I plan to get my stuff and browse the expo for a bit, then taking some friends of mine travelling with us to get them into the parks for the day, but I'm coming right back to relax at the resort...I'll post then to see if anyone's around and wants to relax and chat...I might try to find a nice spot by the pool or something...saturday will probably be a repeat and BF will be around by then, so if anyone's trying to stay off their feet and out of the parks and get's bored, post here and we can meet up for a bit!
I'm at CSR. My cousin is working all day friday, so I plan on spending a majority of my day at the pool . And if he has a track meet (he coaches for high school) saturday, I'll probably be there as well. If you see me say hi!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #3258
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
The meet-up list of attendees is now posted! Did any of our Princesses get in?

Me! Me! Me! So excited I could hardly sleep last night, LOL. I already wrote a blog about it:
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com

For those caring about what times emails were sent, mine was sent at 5:55AM EST.

Can't wait!
Jodi
Old 02-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #3259
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
Me! Me! Me! So excited I could hardly sleep last night, LOL. I already wrote a blog about it:

For those caring about what times emails were sent, mine was sent at 5:55AM EST.

Can't wait!
Jodi
Jodi I LOVE the crazy princess picture on your blog!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #3260
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Jodi I LOVE the crazy princess picture on your blog!!!
Doesn't it just so perfectly illustrate the meet-up madness??? LOL

Jodi
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Old 02-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #3261
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
Doesn't it just so perfectly illustrate the meet-up madness??? LOL

Jodi
Yes for sure. !! Lol
Old 02-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #3262
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

I need a little advice. I bought compression tights for this run. I completed an 8 mile run to test them out (and the rest of my costume) a few weeks ago. It was fairly warm day that day, someplace in the sixties if I remember and I was fine. Now hearing all the buzz of the warm temperatures should I revert back to Capri pants with my skirt or will I be ok with the tights. I'm planning on a 5 mile run tonight, but will that be enough distance to tell if they are going to be too warm?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #3263
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
I need a little advice. I bought compression tights for this run. I completed an 8 mile run to test them out (and the rest of my costume) a few weeks ago. It was fairly warm day that day, someplace in the sixties if I remember and I was fine. Now hearing all the buzz of the warm temperatures should I revert back to Capri pants with my skirt or will I be ok with the tights. I'm planning on a 5 mile run tonight, but will that be enough distance to tell if they are going to be too warm?
I would think it might be pretty warm with full on tights. I'm seeing lows in the upper 60s and some decent humidity, so by the time the sun comes up you could easily be climbing into the 70s. I know in those temps I'd be hot in even capris, so I'm wearing shorts under a skirt.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #3264
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Great write up Jodi!

I need to do my Tink meet up blog- but keep needing to do laundry and pack and parent. :P Life gets in the way, no?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #3265
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Great write up Jodi!

I need to do my Tink meet up blog- but keep needing to do laundry and pack and parent. :P Life gets in the way, no?
Yes I totally should have been packing instead of blogging yesterday, LOL. It's always a trade-off!

Jodi
Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #3266
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

I think I'm finished packing, but I've had this nagging/panicked feeling all day like I was forgetting something major.

Then, I realized.... I haven't packed for *just myself* in 6 years!! Packing for myself is WAY easier than packing for me, 2 kids and a dog!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #3267
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Packing here, leaving tomorrow evening if all goes as planned. Woo-hoo!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #3268
Southerngirl71
Mouseketeer

I am so nervous that I think I am giving myself panick attacks. My lower shin is so tight sometimes. I can never predict when it is going to bother me. This week of all weeks it is bothering me. It took a good three miles last night before it became bareable and I could run at all on it. I also have a sore throat and stuffy nose.

My family has a pretty bad history of heart disease. My oldest brother died during open heart surgery and my older sister passed away in November from a stroke. This is my first half marathon and my mom is paranoid that something is going to happen to me. I did go to the dr in December for a check up and mentioned to her what I was doing. She did an EKG and said my heart was fine.

Last week when I finished 10 miles I felt so good about things but now I am so nervous.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #3269
Anne34
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Thank for the weather wishes ladies, I just checked weather.com and it looks like the snow may be much less now!! Lets hope it stays that way!!
Totally agree -- we have a late flight out Thursday and were getting very worried!!! Good luck
Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #3270
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
I have run in my compression tights for 10 miles and it was about temp wise here in San Antonio what it will be in Orlando. I felt good...is it warmer than capri's yes..but not like wearing a sweater vs a tshirt. For me the benefit of my legs feeling good during the race and after recovery FAR outweighs a couple ounces of material.

I would say ask yourself are you wearing the compression for your legs or will you do okay without them...really a personal decision. I feel a bigger difference in long sleeves vs short sleeves.

Are you staying at CR ?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: