Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #3196
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer
 
DeerIsleDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 240

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's my Merida "costume" - not much to it, but the wig is way too bouncy to run in. Had fun making the sleeves out of Target knee socks today with my daughter.
__________________
_______________________________
All Star Movies, OKW- April 2010
SSR, OKW, VWL -Jan 2011
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
DeerIsleDisney is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #3197
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran
 
StarGirl11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Golden CO
Posts: 1,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerIsleDisney View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Here's my Merida "costume" - not much to it, but the wig is way too bouncy to run in. Had fun making the sleeves out of Target knee socks today with my daughter.
Eh yours is more accurate than mine is. I'm just hoping to get one character on course to see it for what it is.
__________________


Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
StarGirl11 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #3198
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
Eh yours is more accurate than mine is. I'm just hoping to get one character on course to see it for what it is.
Very cute !!!!
__________________
VickiHD is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #3199
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears
 
Jlinrota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandcycle

A taper is is something like 6 miles on the weekend prior to the race, a run of 5-4 miles, 3-4 miles then 2 miles leading up to the race.

Reverse taper:
Post race have a short walk the day after, maybe a 2-3 miles running two days after, then a 4-5 miler then 6 on the weekend. Take an easy day for every mile of racing. So if you race 13.1 hard/or in extreme heat take at least 13 days before you hop back into intervals or racing.

You are likely to be in very good condition after the race. Two-three weeks post half is a good time to make a personal best in the 5k-10k. Do a good 10k and you have proof of time for the next adventure.
Thank you so much for letting me know. I am gaining a better idea as to what to do after the race and still stay fit for running.
Jlinrota is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #3200
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran
 
joan4mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerIsleDisney View Post

Here's my Merida "costume" - not much to it, but the wig is way too bouncy to run in. Had fun making the sleeves out of Target knee socks today with my daughter.
Very Cute. The wig would have been waaayy to HOT.

AFM: I have been out doing some work and DH now wants an outfit to cheer in...thanks to Crispey's BF shirt! Should have never shown him that. I'm working on a Prince Mickey..kind of like the old Prince and Pauper Mickey cartoon.
__________________
Joan


2009
2010
2011
2012
2013
2014
joan4mickey is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #3201
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Love lurking around and seeing everyones costumes!! You all look wonderful, ladies. I get my last piece at the expo on friday, I'll probably post mine then so excited!
bskelly07 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #3202
Jubilee
<3 my kids
 
Jubilee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right up I-4
Posts: 1,071

Love the Merida costume!

I, for one, am the insane person SO happy about this weather. I prefer to run between 75-80 if I'm being honest (I have raynaud's phenomenon and my hands and feet bother me if too cold.)
__________________
S + J = M & H
*Taking a break from our APs as of 8/14/13*
Jubilee is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #3203
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee
Love the Merida costume!

I, for one, am the insane person SO happy about this weather. I prefer to run between 75-80 if I'm being honest (I have raynaud's phenomenon and my hands and feet bother me if too cold.)
Well, I live in SE Fla. and kinda used to the hot weather. But, running in anything over 70 scares me.
__________________
2013, DL 1/2, 2013, TOT 2013, W&D 2013, Tink 2014
GSC 2014, 2014 WDW 1/2





sunnygal041 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #3204
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,623

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Well, I live in SE Fla. and kinda used to the hot weather. But, running in anything over 70 scares me.
I'm with you...from the south, but hate the weather. Running in it is just torture! But the phrase to live by is 'its not the heat, it's the humidity.' It's true, if the humidity is high, that's what's going to zap you faster than the temp. I'm not looking forward to some of the highs I'm seeing over there for the end of this week either! I was hoping I was going to be able to get away with jeans and t-shirts, but I may need to dig out some shorts!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #3205
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

I'm with you...from the south, but hate the weather. Running in it is just torture! But the phrase to live by is 'its not the heat, it's the humidity.' It's true, if the humidity is high, that's what's going to zap you faster than the temp. I'm not looking forward to some of the highs I'm seeing over there for the end of this week either! I was hoping I was going to be able to get away with jeans and t-shirts, but I may need to dig out some shorts!
Agreed, shorts for you and the Princess protection dude! Here's to after the race hydration at the CSR!
__________________
2013, DL 1/2, 2013, TOT 2013, W&D 2013, Tink 2014
GSC 2014, 2014 WDW 1/2





sunnygal041 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #3206
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half
 
Gryhndmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I'm with you...from the south, but hate the weather. Running in it is just torture! But the phrase to live by is 'its not the heat, it's the humidity.' It's true, if the humidity is high, that's what's going to zap you faster than the temp. I'm not looking forward to some of the highs I'm seeing over there for the end of this week either! I was hoping I was going to be able to get away with jeans and t-shirts, but I may need to dig out some shorts!
LOL...repacking my suitcase with shorts after seeing the temps and realizing the long sleeve tshirts and jeans and/or sweats would just not be needed.

TOTALLY with you on the humidity....just dripped here in San Antonio this morning with the 76% humidity...not to mention the frizzed out hair !
__________________
Me DH
my Greyhound kids
Cardinal NattyNovaJessica
Gryhndmom is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #3207
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
LOL...repacking my suitcase with shorts after seeing the temps and realizing the long sleeve tshirts and jeans and/or sweats would just not be needed.

TOTALLY with you on the humidity....just dripped here in San Antonio this morning with the 76% humidity...not to mention the frizzed out hair !
Repacking the suitcase ---me too.

My hair is straight but it really does get "big" in humidity. I'm packing the hair smoother and flat iron.
__________________
VickiHD is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #3208
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

Repacking the suitcase ---me too.

My hair is straight but it really does get "big" in humidity. I'm packing the hair smoother and flat iron.
No suitcase for me, rolling duffle. I have the same "big hair" issue. Humidity hits and I look like a hair band member from the 80's! 😜
__________________
2013, DL 1/2, 2013, TOT 2013, W&D 2013, Tink 2014
GSC 2014, 2014 WDW 1/2





sunnygal041 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #3209
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer
 
Mamasmurf227's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 356

Let's see if I can figure out how to post pictures...

Here's my race outfit:


And, the sign for our window at Pop:
__________________
Kim 1/00 ~ASM, 2/06 ~POP, 2/12 ~POP, 2/13 ~POP for PHM, ~9/14 POR
Mamasmurf227 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #3210
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227
Let's see if I can figure out how to post pictures...

Here's my race outfit:

And, the sign for our window at Pop:
OMG, how lovely! Very cool!
__________________
2013, DL 1/2, 2013, TOT 2013, W&D 2013, Tink 2014
GSC 2014, 2014 WDW 1/2





sunnygal041 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: