Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #3121
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

Hurting after run!

Ran 12 miles yesterday...now I have a stiffness and discomfort behind my right knee (back of leg not behind knee cap).

Now I am panicking! It feels better to keep it bent. Right now I am trying rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Also, taking ibuprofen. Am I doing the right thing. Any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #3122
queen mimi
Mouseketeer

A week after my daughter and I registered for the race, my daughter found out she was pregnant. She is going to walk with me to the Magic Kingdom so that we can have our picture taken in front of the castle. She doesn't want to end our string of 5 pictures. She would like to drop out of the race at that point. Does anyone know if she can get back to the Polynesian by regular monorail? Since we are staying there that would be easier than going on the sweeper buses all the way back to Epcot. She wants to go back to the Polynesian and meet up with my husband and her daughters. They will then come to Epcot to meet me. Anyone with any ideas, information or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #3123
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Foam roller!!!!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #3124
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

Cute outfits...can't believe BF wouldn't wear a skirt...doesn't he know real men (like scots) wear skirts ? . Yeah...my DH didn't buy that line either !
Lol, I pointed out EVERY male at Tink wearing one that I could find hoping he would maybe consider that it would be OK at Disney, but he wasn't havin it. Oh well! I did get a tiny bit of red glitter vinyl on the front of his shirt

Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #3125
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylorrdh View Post
Ran 12 miles yesterday...now I have a stiffness and discomfort behind my right knee (back of leg not behind knee cap).

Now I am panicking! It feels better to keep it bent. Right now I am trying rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Also, taking ibuprofen. Am I doing the right thing. Any suggestions?

Wine....will help dull the pain AND...calm your nerves !
Old 02-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #3126
andrea9873
Mouseketeer

Too cool what did you use to for the letters on back and image! I'll be sure to say hello if I see you

First Trip to WDW with our DD (10) and DS (7) All Star Sports - April 2002.**Blessed with DVC, Beach Club Villas - March 2003, Villas at Wilderness Lodge - July 16 - 24, 2005, Vero Beach Resort July 24 - 27, 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge July 27 - 30, 2005, Beach Club Villas & Coronado Springs - March 2006, Sheraton Vistana Villas / Beach Club Villas / Disney's Hilton Head Island, SC - July 2006, Disney Cruise 3 nights - Jan 17 - 20, 2008, Saratoga Springs Resort Feb 27 - March 3 2009, Animal Kingdom Villas / Old Key West Villas August 13 - 19 2009, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort June 13 - 19, 2010, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort / Disney's Boardwalk Villas December 23 - 28, 2010 The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Feb 10 - 12, 2011 (Romantic getaway with DH) / BLT Oct 2011

Old 02-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #3127
andrea9873
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey
Well, here are our race day outfits...I'm going to just try posting links rather than the actual pics because it's faster than trying to resize them in photo bucket!

Here's the front of my Belle-inspired look. Here's the back. A closeup of the accessories (bondi band, earrings, ponytail holder and a Beast pin for my water belt on the back). And here is the front of BF's shirt, and the back!
Be sure to say hi if you recognize us and let me know if these links don't work
Love these cripey what did you use to make the shirt? I'm going to use iron on transfer on my tech shirt but worried bec of the material. I will be sure to say hello!

First Trip to WDW with our DD (10) and DS (7) All Star Sports - April 2002.**Blessed with DVC, Beach Club Villas - March 2003, Villas at Wilderness Lodge - July 16 - 24, 2005, Vero Beach Resort July 24 - 27, 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge July 27 - 30, 2005, Beach Club Villas & Coronado Springs - March 2006, Sheraton Vistana Villas / Beach Club Villas / Disney's Hilton Head Island, SC - July 2006, Disney Cruise 3 nights - Jan 17 - 20, 2008, Saratoga Springs Resort Feb 27 - March 3 2009, Animal Kingdom Villas / Old Key West Villas August 13 - 19 2009, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort June 13 - 19, 2010, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort / Disney's Boardwalk Villas December 23 - 28, 2010 The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Feb 10 - 12, 2011 (Romantic getaway with DH) / BLT Oct 2011

Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #3128
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Wine....will help dull the pain AND...calm your nerves !
Like that plan!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #3129
hayrynen
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone - few questions

Hi fellow princesses :-)

I've been trying to catch up with this thread and make sure I have everything ready for the big race weekend. I've tried to read through most of the thread, but it is so long and sorry for any repeat questions. This will be my first Disney race and I'll be running solo (I've run a few half marathons in the past couple of years, including the Denver RnR that was asked about earlier). I live in a suburb of Denver, CO and am hoping the elevation and hills for my training runs will translate into a good time for the race!

I have a couple of questions, and wondering if anyone who's run the race before would be willing to answer...

I understand there are no photopass photographers. Are there race photographers prevalant around the course and at key photo spots - like going through the castle? And can you order pictures similar to other races (posted on the race website by bib# for example)?

I don't really want to carry my camera with me, don't plan to make many stops (if any) to stand in line for character photos. I would really like to still be able to purchase some photos to remember the race with though.

I am not as creative as so many others about a costume for the race. I do have a running skirt and was kind of hoping I'd be able to pick up a few princess themed items at the expo. For past races, have they had any tiaras or fun items I could get to spice up my outfit at the expo?

My husband is going to try to be there at the end of the race with my 2 kiddos. I hate to make them get up at 3 or 4am to get on the bus with me for the start. Will they be able to catch a bus around 6:30 or 7 to get to Epcot? Or will there be too much congestion? I'm hoping to finish between 7:30-8 - I'm in Corall A.

Thanks for any advice/info - and good luck to everyone this week!

Shauna
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #3130
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripey View Post
well, here are our race day outfits...i'm going to just try posting links rather than the actual pics because it's faster than trying to resize them in photo bucket!

Here's the front of my belle-inspired look. Here's the back. A closeup of the accessories (bondi band, earrings, ponytail holder and a beast pin for my water belt on the back). And here is the front of bf's shirt, and the back!
Be sure to say hi if you recognize us and let me know if these links don't work
love love love

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #3131
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayrynen View Post
Hi fellow princesses :-)

I have a couple of questions, and wondering if anyone who's run the race before would be willing to answer...

I understand there are no photopass photographers. Are there race photographers prevalant around the course and at key photo spots - like going through the castle? And can you order pictures similar to other races (posted on the race website by bib# for example)?

I don't really want to carry my camera with me, don't plan to make many stops (if any) to stand in line for character photos. I would really like to still be able to purchase some photos to remember the race with though.
Shauna
This is the company this year. You can check this years 1/2 marathon photos for an idea of how good you think pics might be. (Just put in some random name) Photos are ready in like 48 hrs., usually. They will email you too.
www.marathonfoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayrynen View Post

My husband is going to try to be there at the end of the race with my 2 kiddos. I hate to make them get up at 3 or 4am to get on the bus with me for the start. Will they be able to catch a bus around 6:30 or 7 to get to Epcot? Or will there be too much congestion? I'm hoping to finish between 7:30-8 - I'm in Corall A.

Thanks for any advice/info - and good luck to everyone this week!

Shauna
FYI: Official Bus transportation will be suspended between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. on Sunday due to road closures.

Your family could start waiting at like 6:30-6:45 to get the first bus out, once roads reopen.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #3132
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea9873

Love these cripey what did you use to make the shirt? I'm going to use iron on transfer on my tech shirt but worried bec of the material. I will be sure to say hello!
They are vinyl iron ons...I ordered them from Miss Morgans Designs. I've been ordering stuff from her for a couple of years now...super cute designs and good quality stuff. I have found there are definitely some tech materials that they work on better than others, but I've always gotten them to stick eventually!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #3133
hayrynen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandcycle

This is the company this year. You can check this years 1/2 marathon photos for an idea of how good you think pics might be. (Just put in some random name) Photos are ready in like 48 hrs., usually. They will email you too.

FYI: Official Bus transportation will be suspended between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. on Sunday due to road closures.

Your family could start waiting at like 6:30-6:45 to get the first bus out, once roads reopen.
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #3134
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Loving all the recent costume photos!! Cripey, Joan4 and Izzy, Merida, and Mikki mouse (sorry I'm forgetting usernames) - awesome job! Hope I'll see you on the course.

Sunday is my big work day and it is OVER! Holiday tomorrow (hello, laundry and packing), work on Tues/Weds... and then I am heading from blizzardy Maine (2 weekends in a row!) to sunny Florida. Can't wait to rock this race with the DISboards gang!
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #3135
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Hope I'm not intruding; I'm not running the Princess this year! I'm scheduled to run 2014, this will be my Wine and Dine year. I just stopped by to wish everyone good luck and a safe run! I hope everyone finishes well and healthy, within PR and with awesome pics to prove it!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: