Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #3091
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Y'all, I am SUCH a klutz! I was dressing for my run today, had some time to kill before BF gets back from church so we can head out, so I decided to lay out our race outfits and snap some pics. I have kind of a high bed and I'm really short, so I grabbed the little 2-step ladder from the closet so I could get a good pic...snapped a few and proceeded to FALL OFF the flipping step trying to step off! I fell backwards, towards the doorway into my bathroom, landed IN the suitcase that's sitting on the floor, waiting to be packed, hit my foot on one of the wheels and stopped myself by running into the wall that the suitcase is sitting up against. Good grief! After a quick 'systems check' nothing's really hurt, but I think I may have tensed myself up and hit the wall in the wrong spot because now my mid-left back is really sore. I think I might be better off skipping the run today...it was just a 6 miler, but....I feel like such a moron!
Ouch! I would not run today either.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #3092
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a Race Retreat for sale?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #3093
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Um...So SEAN ASTIN TWEETED WITH ME! It was very short, but I asked if they would be making him start in Corral C with the other Disney Dudes. He thinks they probably will. I feel lucky to be in corral C for that reason and also to be able hang with the guys rocking all their costumes like HockeyDan (not sure I've remembered that name right)

Other much more boring, mundane news...Last long run done yesterday. Twelve on a treadmill!! Watched The Little Mermaid and Cinderella for motivation. Nothing like being chased by the Sea Witch to get you moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
I've been using Charity Miles for a few months now and I immediately thought of you when the Shot@Life option came up. I did my long run (11 miles) for them last weekend!

Thank you! It's great when folks use Charity Miles to walk their kids to school for 1/2 mile, but it's long distance runners like us who can rack up a lot of support super quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
I need some advice. Yesterday I got sick with fever, coughing etc. I'm right now in bed feeling really sorry for my self.

Yesterday I was suppose to run my last fast run and tomorrow I'm suppose to run my last long run (7-8 miles)
Next week I'm suppose to do two short runs.
So should I squeeze in a long run next week when I feel better, or should I just forget about the two runs this weekend and stick to the plan? I have already done two longer runs the last two weekends (10 and 11 miles)
I'm just so nervous about loosing my form.
Taper, taper, taper! You've done all the work. You are ready. You'll very likely to harm yourself with running before you are well. If it makes you feel better, I caught a cold a week before my first full marathon. I stopped running completely and I was fine. I think I really do run faster when your body has had a nice taper and this is just the thing to force you to do it.

Quote:
Y'all, I am SUCH a klutz! I was dressing for my run today, had some time to kill before BF gets back from church so we can head out, so I decided to lay out our race outfits and snap some pics. I have kind of a high bed and I'm really short, so I grabbed the little 2-step ladder from the closet so I could get a good pic...snapped a few and proceeded to FALL OFF the flipping step trying to step off! I fell backwards, towards the doorway into my bathroom, landed IN the suitcase that's sitting on the floor, waiting to be packed, hit my foot on one of the wheels and stopped myself by running into the wall that the suitcase is sitting up against. Good grief! After a quick 'systems check' nothing's really hurt, but I think I may have tensed myself up and hit the wall in the wrong spot because now my mid-left back is really sore. I think I might be better off skipping the run today...it was just a 6 miler, but....I feel like such a moron!
I keep telling DH I have to be really careful now because this is exactly the time when I don't want to have a silly accident. It almost happened when I slid off the back of the treadmill into a dollhouse (Who put that there!!???!!) Thank you for the reminder that we are all abundantly human!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #3094
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

How do you tell what corral you are in?? My hubby and I are registered as a team so we have a big number but I'm really curious what corral that puts us in, HELP ))
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #3095
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no !!!!! Sending get well wishes !! Also try to ice the sore areas on and off and BECAREFUL.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #3096
Orcagirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Meet up stuff delayed until Mnday. 😁
Based on past experience, does the official Disney meet up usually happen on the Friday morning or the Saturday morning?

I'm ready-and-willing to cyberstalk social media for the entry form tomorrow for my chance to participate, but only if the meet up is planned for Saturday (our flight doesn't get in until late Friday).
Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #3097
Orcagirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
How do you tell what corral you are in?? My hubby and I are registered as a team so we have a big number but I'm really curious what corral that puts us in, HELP ))
There's a separate numbering system for team entries:

Elite 30001 - 30006 < 1:30
A 30007 - 30355 < 2:15
B 30356 - 30700 < 2:30
C 30701 - 31212 < 2:45
D 31213 - 31791 < 2:50
E 31792 - 32380 < 3:00
F 32381 - 33036 3:00
G 33037 - 33603 < 3:25
H 33604 - 34300
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #3098
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Last year I was able to set up where my DH would get a text of where I am at the race. Can you do that again this year and how?

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #3099
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

Great, thanks very much!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #3100
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey
Oh my! I hope you are ok!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #3101
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Oh no, Cripey! Glad your basically okay, but I hope your back feels better soon!!

RE: the Rock N Roll series question, I did the New York/Brooklyn 10K this year (not sure why it's not a half), and I LOVED it. Very organized and they had tons of great sponsors and swag. The medal was very cute and I love the shirt - it my favorite race shirt actually (hopefully to be replaced by the Princess soon). I'm already signed up for next year and hope to try out a few others in the fall. Would've loved to do St. Pete but I was nervous with it being so close to this race.

Good luck to anyone getting in runs today! I really messed up my hip with my last long run, so I'm KT taped up and resting - hoping it'll feel better by next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #3102
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Last year I was able to set up where my DH would get a text of where I am at the race. Can you do that again this year and how?

Thanks for your help!
Link to runner tracking on the rundisney site

Old 02-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #3103
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Well, here are our race day outfits...I'm going to just try posting links rather than the actual pics because it's faster than trying to resize them in photo bucket!

Here's the front of my Belle-inspired look. Here's the back. A closeup of the accessories (bondi band, earrings, ponytail holder and a Beast pin for my water belt on the back). And here is the front of BF's shirt, and the back!
Be sure to say hi if you recognize us and let me know if these links don't work

Old 02-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #3104
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Link to runner tracking on the rundisney site
Thanks Joan, I am having issues today.. I am on the site and I can not find it.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #3105
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey
Well, here are our race day outfits...I'm going to just try posting links rather than the actual pics because it's faster than trying to resize them in photo bucket!

Here's the front of my Belle-inspired look. Here's the back. A closeup of the accessories (bondi band, earrings, ponytail holder and a Beast pin for my water belt on the back). And here is the front of BF's shirt, and the back!
Be sure to say hi if you recognize us and let me know if these links don't work
Love the outfits.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: