Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #2806
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I'm also packing all of my race stuff in a carry on because I don't want my luggage to get lost!
YES!! Everyone should pack their running gear in a carry on! Don't let it out of your sight!

Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(6)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #2807
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
I'm with you. We've had a hard few days here too. My dear 8 year old dachshund died suddenly in an accident Saturday. It's hard to explain how much space a 10# dog takes up in your life. I'm hoping a little Disney pixie dust will help ease the pain.

Soooo sorry for your loss ! Much love and prayers. One of our Greyhounds died suddenly in December ( poisoned) and it just tore us up. I found I could cry and run...it did help somewhat as will doing this race.

Hugs !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #2808
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm with you. We've had a hard few days here too. My dear 8 year old dachshund died suddenly in an accident Saturday. It's hard to explain how much space a 10# dog takes up in your life. I'm hoping a little Disney pixie dust will help ease the pain.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #2809
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
On a different note...DH flies for Southwest and offered a couple of pieces of advice on flying during these germ filled weeks.

1. Wet ones makes great towelettes to wipe down your arm rest, seat back in front of you etc. your plane is serviced in the morning and then goes all day. Passengers have been known to leave everything from diapers to dirty Kleenex in the seat pocket in front of you so wipe, wipe, wipe. These wipes also go through TSA very easily !
2. The bathroom on the airplane ....avoid if possible...again, serviced in the morning and not until the end of the day. For some reason passengers in the morning like to take a book or paper in there and...sit for awhile if you know what I mean !
3. Before you leave your house check the status of your flight. The later in the day the more chance your flight could be late etc. All it takes is one hiccup in the morning and the domino effect happens.

So happy DH got a vacation week for PHM so I don't have to worry about him getting stuck out in bad weather...it has happened before !
I was planning on taking Wet Ones in our carry on and really clean our little area. We're on the first flight out of San Francisco so the plane should be "clean". I'm sure I will also look like a freak cleaning but I don't want to risk it.
Also good to know the Wet Ones will pass through security, I've got the large round container ones.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #2810
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I was planning on taking Wet Ones in our carry on and really clean our little area. We're on the first flight out of San Francisco so the plane should be "clean". I'm sure I will also look like a freak cleaning but I don't want to risk it.
Also good to know the Wet Ones will pass through security, I've got the large round container ones.
I have never taken the big container through TSA but have the travel packs that come 15 wipes per pkg. I will say TSA can vary from airport to airport so you might check. DH never has an issue but then again he is air crew and in uniform so he can carry more than 3 ounces of liquid.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #2811
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Ouch. hope you can work all the out before WDW, so you can enjoy your trip and not have to think about coming home to that.
Trying! Someone's coming to look at fridge this evening. Luckily my dad lives only 4 miles away, so if nothing can get fixed soon I can easily take whatver I can salvage in there to his fridge. and fortunately the BF and I work together too...we carpool and normally take turns driving, so he'll just have to be stuck driving until the car gets sorted out. For whatever reason, car trouble sends me spiraling into stress-ville! I don't get it! And I really hate to be at WDW seeing all the pretty shiny things in the window knowing there were more important things to take care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
1. Wet ones makes great towelettes to wipe down your arm rest, seat back in front of you etc. your plane is serviced in the morning and then goes all day. Passengers have been known to leave everything from diapers to dirty Kleenex in the seat pocket in front of you so wipe, wipe, wipe. These wipes also go through TSA very easily !
All of the sudden I'm not so worried about having to get up super duper early to make the first flight out next week...

Quote:
So sorry for your loss !

Old 02-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #2812
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry for your loss.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #2813
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so so sorry. You are so right - it is hard to explain how much space a 10 lb or 70 lb dog takes up in your life or heart. Seems like the PHM is coming at a good time for you.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #2814
PrincessKateNicole
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any strategies for character photo-ops? Do you pick out which ones you would like to stop at ahead of time? Also how long does it usually take to get through the line for the pictures?
Old 02-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #2815
TXAng
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. They really do become part of the family, don't they?

Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #2816
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKateNicole View Post
Does anyone have any strategies for character photo-ops? Do you pick out which ones you would like to stop at ahead of time? Also how long does it usually take to get through the line for the pictures?
I would look at location of characters. There should be a map at the expo. Line? I think the lines get longer as the morning wears on. If you start in an earlier corral, lines will be shorter. Pix are quick, so I think lines move faster than if you were just in the park for the day.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #2817
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey

Ouch. hope you can work all the out before WDW, so you can enjoy your trip and not have to think about coming home to that.
Me, too! Sounds like Murphy's Law has reared it's ugly head.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #2818
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR

I am sooo sorry for your loss.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #2819
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo

Ha, making it back to the race retreat before they close AND not getting swept will be my two big motivations for walking as fast as I can. I gotta get my money's worth from the race and the race retreat!
Agreed! I will need that mimosa!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #2820
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess
Hi Princesses,

Well, any other New England Princesses with cabin fever? We've been stuck inside the house for 4 days straight (aside from shoveling) - 30.5 inches of snow followed by freezing rain prevented us from going anywhere. We're very thankful we didn't lose power this time though - phew!

Anyways, I was wondering if any experienced Princesses can tell me about characters we can meet along the course - do they start right away (mile 1?) and spread out evenly or are they concentrated to later on in the race? And would it be better to wait till the return leg of the race to stop for photos - we're in Corral A (still a bit surprised about that we msut have been right at the cut off between A & B) so it would still be dark when we go up to MK, right? Are there any "not-to-be-missed" characters we should be on a look out for?

Thank you
I would def wait for the return trip for the characters you will see on the first 5 miles. They will be there later and with much better light for your pics. Once you get in the MK parking lot, though, stop for anyone you want to catch. My must stop pic is with the "heroes" - Aladdin, Eric, Tarzan, John Smith, Mulan guy - was Flynn in there last year?

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: