Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #2671
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

duplicate info

Last edited by flatlandcycle; 02-10-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Duplicate info
Old 02-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #2672
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Thanks!

Went for my last long run (10 miles) today. Made it, but it was just a bad run. I've had bad runs before and I'm not letting it get me down. I toughed it out and I'm darn proud of that.

But....

I'm having a hard time with fuel during long runs. I've been playing around with different things to see what works for me, and I'm just not figuring it out. I feel like the things that I can tolerate, just don't give me what I need. I can't do gels at all. I can tolerate 1 flavor of Gu Chomps before and in the early part of a run, but after that no dice.

Sport Beans are fine, but I didn't feel like they really worked for me. I'm running out of options and I'm tired of feeling so sick for a couple hours after my long run. Anyone else?
What all have you tried? I can't do the gels at all, and I'm pretty picky about the chews. I like the sports beans with caffiene about 30 mins pre-run, but during the run, I like the Honey Stinger waffles. Vanilla is my fave. The waffles aren't as overly sweet as most things are.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #2673
Maddies Mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie View Post
So if I go back to the original email I got from Active.com and check my registration information, and it still lists the race I registered with NOT the new information, that probably means that the new race information was NOT used for corral placement, yes?
That's how I would interpret it. I originally put that I expected to finish in 2:30:00 when I registered in September but didn't have a proof of time to submit. They edited over that field to input my new proof of time when I submitted in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
For me I don't think it is so much what I have during the run but what I have had before such as grape nuts and/or banana smoothie for breakfast. We typically do our long runs on Fri mornings. I also find lots of carbs the day before helps me get through the long run.
This is what works for me as well. During the day before my long run, I eat food that I know digests well in my system, doesn't give me gas, bloating or cramps and is full of carbs. Then the night before my long runs, I eat a steak, steamed veggies and baked potato. Seems to work very well, for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post
I mean, I went onto Active.com to look at my registration and it des't even show up on my site - and when I click on "registration details" in registration confirmation e-mail I received from Active.com, it told me I'm not authorized to view the info. What?!
I'm getting this error as well. I just e-mailed them and requested they send my record to my e-mail. I don't even think 2 hours passed before they send it to me after I sent the request. Very fast turnaround.

Disney Cruises: Dream 12/11

Run Disney: 12/11 Castaway Cay 5k, 02/13 Princess 1/2 Marathon

Coming soon: Star Wars Rebel Challenge, Disneyland 01/15

Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #2674
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

I've got a driving question for the Princesses that are familiar with driving to WDW......We are renting a car at the airport and I'm printing out our google maps and entering info into our GPS that we will be bringing from home and I see that there is a "partial toll road" on my directions. Could someone please tell me the toll amount ??
I have no idea if it is one of those automated ones or with a person who can make change. Just want to have the exact amount just in case they can't make change. Thanks.

Boy these little details are driving me crazy.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #2675
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I emailed them once to ask them about it and all I got back was a confirmation of my registration,but they never answered,y question as to why I wasn't 'authorized' to view my own registrations....frustrating.

Sometimes I wonder if all the communication problems stem from too many hands in the cookie jar so to speak... I mean there's runDisney, Active and Track Shack that are in on all of this in some form. Who knows...I just hope it gets better and not worse. These races are too fun!
I think you have this right. There is a lot of delegation.

We get the same thing when we register as a group of volunteers. One person from our group will register a half dozen people. The person who signed everyone up cannot see individual registration confirmation. The individual registered cannot see their own registration because they were not the person who signed everyone up. Somehow we make it on the list, most of the time, and get final instructions. I would guess that the trouble originates on the Active end of things. They don't seem to be able to handle team, or group registration well.

The problems would be worse if Disney did registration in house, certainly in the short run.

Most people will not see the issues we see. They will follow the crowds, get in the corrals, and have a blast running through Disney. If you do a bunch of these events you see behind the wizard's screen.

The Cast members really looked exhausted at the marathon. They have regular full time office work during the week and then during the actual events they get nearly zero sleep. In the end they still have to say, "Have a super, sparkly day." Oops, "Have a magical day."

Last edited by flatlandcycle; 02-10-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: own
Old 02-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #2676
Maddies Mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I've got a driving question for the Princesses that are familiar with driving to WDW......We are renting a car at the airport and I'm printing out our google maps and entering info into our GPS that we will be bringing from home and I see that there is a "partial toll road" on my directions. Could someone please tell me the toll amount ??
I have no idea if it is one of those automated ones or with a person who can make change. Just want to have the exact amount just in case they can't make change. Thanks.

I always calculate my tolls using this calculator: https://www.oocea.com/TravelersExpre...alculator.aspx

Gives me an idea of how much change to bring! On the actual highway there is a person in a toll booth who can give change, but some of the entry & exit ramps are unmanned. Hopefully someone can help you out with whether those will apply to your trip. I don't visit Orlando's airport enough to be sure.

Disney Cruises: Dream 12/11

Run Disney: 12/11 Castaway Cay 5k, 02/13 Princess 1/2 Marathon

Coming soon: Star Wars Rebel Challenge, Disneyland 01/15

Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #2677
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:

DH and I bring a lot of quarters not only for the tolls but laundry too ! I will warn you that after our trip in Oct we discovered Hertz had one of those toll passes on the upper windshield that charged our credit card even though we had paid cash through the tolls. Check your car first, while it is handy they also charge you an extra processing fee for using it.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #2678
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:

A few years ago there were two booths on RT 417, between S. Access Rd. and Osceola Parkway. Tolls were $1.25 at each booth, change lane provided. The exit at Osceola Pkwy requires exact change in the automatic basket. At the time, it was $0.50. Tolls have gone up recently these figures may be higher by like $0.50 at each booth.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #2679
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandcycle View Post
This may or may not work for iGift
igiftbag:
http://disneysprincess2013.igiftbag....email_addr=PUT YOUR EMAIL HERE
THANK YOU!!! No email despite whitelisting the from address. This worked. Nothing special there but I don't feel so left out now!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #2680
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the toll info. Quarters and dollars bills will be ready to go. Good to know about checking to see if the rental has a "toll pass".
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #2681
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Thanks!

Went for my last long run (10 miles) today. Made it, but it was just a bad run. I've had bad runs before and I'm not letting it get me down. I toughed it out and I'm darn proud of that.

But....

I'm having a hard time with fuel during long runs. I've been playing around with different things to see what works for me, and I'm just not figuring it out. I feel like the things that I can tolerate, just don't give me what I need. I can't do gels at all. I can tolerate 1 flavor of Gu Chomps before and in the early part of a run, but after that no dice.

Sport Beans are fine, but I didn't feel like they really worked for me. I'm running out of options and I'm tired of feeling so sick for a couple hours after my long run. Anyone else?
I have had nothing but stomach issues with pretty much everything I tried, too -- I know exactly what you mean!

I can tolerate the Honey Stingers waffles, but other than that, the ONLY thing that works for me are the Clif Shot Bloks. If you haven't tried those yet, that'd be my recommendation!

They're easy to get down (with water, of course), don't make me nauseous or cause other tummy troubles, and they really do help me get through my long runs! I spread out a pack of 6 bloks over my last long run today -- 12 miles -- and other than some soreness/general tiredness, felt pretty good!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #2682
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Did my 10k this morning, had some unexpected rain start a little which was not fun with the almost freezing conditions. There were a few slick spots and they didn't salt the roads. But I made it in 1:06:44 so I am happy with that
Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #2683
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

12 miles done today. Miles 6-9 in the rain, 9-12 chilled from the rain. Time to taper!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #2684
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Finally bought my tiara today! Gem and mineral show is in Tucson this month, and they had a bunch of cute tiaras for cheap!

Now I just need to finish my costume... It's getting so clooose.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #2685
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Finally bought my tiara today! Gem and mineral show is in Tucson this month, and they had a bunch of cute tiaras for cheap!

Now I just need to finish my costume... It's getting so clooose.
Yeah !!!
I'm trying to figure out how "attach" mine to my visor.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: