Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #2371
kanadar
Mouseketeer

For those of us on a Team the team breakdown is

Corral A 30007 - 30355 < 2:15
Corral B 30356 - 30700 < 2:30
Corral C 31213 - 31791 < 2:45
Corral D 31792 - 32380 < 2:50
Corral E 32381 - 33036 < 3:00
Corral F 33037 - 33036 3:00
Corral G 33037 - 33603 < 3:25
Corral H 33604 - 34300

Looks like my sister and I are in C. I'm pretty happy with that haha
Old 02-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #2372
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Lori- I think they are talking expo guest drop offs? I can't imagine they wouldn't let a guest who is STAYING at the hotel check in!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #2373
Southerngirl71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngirl71 View Post
We are staying at CSR and flying in Saturday morning. The final instructions say no guest drop-off during expo hours. I was planning on hiring a town car service to pick us up at the airport. How do I get to the hotel if there is no guest drop-off?
I just called customer service and was told that the town car driver should be allowed in by security once they verify we do have reservations at the hotel.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #2374
Southerngirl71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Lori- I think they are talking expo guest drop offs? I can't imagine they wouldn't let a guest who is STAYING at the hotel check in!
Thanks so much. I am not sure what I was thinking. This is my first half marathon and I am so nervous that I think I just panicked when I saw that. LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #2375
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Tell me that I shouldn't be bothered. I submitted a time at registration and then in October a new time. The new time if entered into the race finishing predictor on runners world puts me finishing about 30 minutes before the time I entered at registration. Yet... the corral I was placed seems to be based on that time that I submitted at registration. So this REALLY isn 't a big deal. It is the difference between one corral and the next...so 7 minutes start time.

I just feel frustrated since even that time for October is slower than what I have been training for. Maybe that is what has me... just that I have been pushing so much... and I am placed as though I had done none of it.

Good grief... what is wrong with me? This ISN"T a big deal. Right? Just a minor irritation?

Sorry to rant... I know I should be happy with my corral placement. It is good.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #2376
Jenn310
Mouseketeer

Just curious, is anyone else in corral G or H and put an estimated finishing time of under 3 hours? I know I understand the whole proof of time thing to get moved up, but I had planned on running almost the whole thing at about 11 mm pace.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #2377
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Tell me that I shouldn't be bothered. I submitted a time at registration and then in October a new time. The new time if entered into the race finishing predictor on runners world puts me finishing about 30 minutes before the time I entered at registration. Yet... the corral I was placed seems to be based on that time that I submitted at registration. So this REALLY isn 't a big deal. It is the difference between one corral and the next...so 7 minutes start time.

I just feel frustrated since even that time for October is slower than what I have been training for. Maybe that is what has me... just that I have been pushing so much... and I am placed as though I had done none of it.

Good grief... what is wrong with me? This ISN"T a big deal. Right? Just a minor irritation?

Sorry to rant... I know I should be happy with my corral placement. It is good.
If you think they didn't update your placement from your latest race, bring it to the expo and have them change it there. True, it isn't a big deal except that you've worked hard for it and if your race results show that you should be in a better coral-- well, that's where you deserve to be. :-)

Old 02-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #2378
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
If you think they didn't update your placement from your latest race, bring it to the expo and have them change it there. True, it isn't a big deal except that you've worked hard for it and if your race results show that you should be in a better coral-- well, that's where you deserve to be. :-)
thanks... I am just too ocd at times. It would be a good exercise in letting go of some control to not... but yes, I have ben working hard and to have the placement based on where I was before is just a bit frustrating.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #2379
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn310 View Post
Just curious, is anyone else in corral G or H and put an estimated finishing time of under 3 hours? I know I understand the whole proof of time thing to get moved up, but I had planned on running almost the whole thing at about 11 mm pace.
I put estimated time of 3 hour, that's a 14mm and have a bib# 14200 which is Corral F. I registered one week after registrations opened. Not sure if that makes a difference
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #2380
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

C for me.

C for me?!?!?!?!

Seriously, I don't understand how they came up with these placements - how on earth do I end up in C with a 2:45:00 estimate and no proof submitted of anything?

I guess I'm happy: less time waiting = less time for my muscles to tighten up in the cold. And I'll start waaaaay in the back, far behind all the men-folk. But I can't help but feel a bit perplexed...

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #2381
newddmommie
Mouseketeer

So i'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but i just wanted to check and make sure i understand the sweepers.. The pace time starts when the last runner crosses the start line right? So for example, you should pass mile 1 at or before 16 minutes after the last runner starts, right? I did 13.3 miles on friday at an average pace of 12:30 but the last two miles where really slow at around 17 to bring my pace to 12:30 but i'd still be okay right? Just slightly panicked about sweepers, all my other half marathons didn't have them. Thanks for the help ladies.

FYI: i'm in Corral C too
Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #2382
cimrk01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
"HALF MARATHON TEAMS
Participants registered as a team are eligible for team
awards. Each team member will receive commemorative
a team bib at packet pick-Up. Please do not wear your
commemorative bib in place of your race bib.
Your
official time WILL NOT be recorded if you wear your
commemorative bib in place of your race bib."
Can someone clarify this bit? Are they just merely throwing in another bib with the packet (alongside the regular race bib) as some sort of collectors item but we aren't to wear our team bibs during the race? What's the point in registering as a team if I can't show it off while running? Can someone who has participated pull up a photo showing the differences between a regular princess bib and the team commemorative one?

Also, me and my best friend got placed into B as a team group. It mentions that at any point if we don't keep up with a certain pace (16min miles) based on our corral placement we might get picked up. To make a long story short we have slowed down our training pace to accommodate her after she got injured shortly after we entered our proof of time in the fall. Should we be worried about those cyclists with the orange flags if we got into B but have since slowed down in our "B" pace?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #2383
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the corral/wave starts for the 5K?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #2384
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimrk01

Can someone clarify this bit? Are they just merely throwing in another bib with the packet (alongside the regular race bib) as some sort of collectors item but we aren't to wear our team bibs during the race? What's the point in registering as a team if I can't show it off while running? Can someone who has participated pull up a photo showing the differences between a regular princess bib and the team commemorative one?

Also, me and my best friend got placed into B as a team group. It mentions that at any point if we don't keep up with a certain pace (16min miles) based on our corral placement we might get picked up. To make a long story short we have slowed down our training pace to accommodate her after she got injured shortly after we entered our proof of time in the fall. Should we be worried about those cyclists with the orange flags if we got into B but have since slowed down in our "B" pace?
Just don't wear it 'in place of' your race bib. Most likely the individual race bib will be the only one that has the B-tag on the back of it to record your time. I've seen a lot of people wear their race bib on front and pin the team bib on their back. So you can wear it, just as long as you're wearing the other one too.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #2385
TXAng
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
Great costume!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
C for me.

C for me?!?!?!?!

Seriously, I don't understand how they came up with these placements - how on earth do I end up in C with a 2:45:00 estimate and no proof submitted of anything?

I guess I'm happy: less time waiting = less time for my muscles to tighten up in the cold. And I'll start waaaaay in the back, far behind all the men-folk. But I can't help but feel a bit perplexed...
I'm in C, too, and these are my thoughts exactly! Planning to start at the VERY back of the corral. I'm definitely glad for a little extra time cushion though, in case my knee decides to blow up halfway through the race and I end up hobbling to the finish.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: