Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1786
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadar

Celebrate You by Corbin Bleu, its one of my favorites to run to! Also Illuminations would probably be some good music to run to.
I have this one too! I remember hearing it over and over and OVER at the finish line of the DL half the year my BF did it for the first time...I thought it was really encouraging and had a great beat so it was one of the very first songs I put on my playlist when I decided to start running too...it really stuck with me.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #1787
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

OK we have some peeps on here who saved their waiver email from runDisney last year and it was Feb 7.

Next question - when were the final race instructions sent? Do they come first or after? The website still says they will be sent approx one month before the race.

Last question - it seemed like the Rapunzel theme was well known way in advance last year. Is it weird that we don't even know what princess is being featured this year? Did I somehow miss this info?

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #1788
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
I don't remember using mine much. Two years ago it was sunny, but not bad. Last year was overcast so didn't matter. The first year I think I hooked mine on the front of my shirt, with part of the ear piece sticking down in my sports bra so it would stay put!
I thought I was the only one who did that trick! I wear sunglasses everywhere (bad eyes), and when I'm at Disney, I take them off on a ride and put them IN my shirt, between the girls, with one stem under the center of my bra! Those suckers don't MOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just wanted to share a couple things...

1. I just found my email from rundisney with final race instructions for the ToT and it was 17 days before the race. So I guess we could be waiting till 2/7 a little more than one more week.
BUT, looking at TrackShack's Site Directory (which is where Waiver Stalkers are stalking), those ToT waivers were posted 8/26/2012, which means that they were up on the site for 22 days before you were given your final race instructions. Even more annoying (for the PHM gals) is that the waivers were put up on the website 34 days before the race. The fact that there are no waivers yet, plus the little switcheroo on the RunDisney page PLUS no communication between racers and RunDisney is what is annoying us (me, anyway!). How hard would it be to Tweet or put up a blurb on their Facebook page that "due to overwhelming circumstances, waivers will not be released until 2 weeks before."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
So we went 7 miles today! I'm proud that I finished, but now I am super worried about finishing without being swept! We made it with a 13min pace, but I was definitely dying by the time we got home. I am panicking that there is no way I can finish.

Any suggestions, tips, thoughts?
I would suggest just keep upping your mileage in the next 3 weeks. If you can get up to 10 miles, you will feel like you can finish the whole thing! I only just last weekend got up to 10, and before that I was feeling like you, but that 10 miles just mentally tells you "I got this!" that nothing else can at that point!

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #1789
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
OK we have some peeps on here who saved their waiver email from runDisney last year and it was Feb 7.
And the waivers were put on the Track Shack website on Jan 20th! A full 18 days before emails were sent out to racers....

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

Old 01-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #1790
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Hey, y'all - if anyone is looking for a running watch, I put a review of my Garmin Forerunner 10 up on the blog. The 10 is a smaller, more scaled down version of the other Garmins.

http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...ng-myself.html

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #1791
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Had a good meeting with running coach this morning. He basically told me to stop worrying about the race...yup...I am already keyed up and nervous 3 1/2 weeks out! His top three things were... 1. you've done your training....10 miles done...good time (for us!) now we maintain for the PHM. 2. DON'T try anything new...no new shoes, no new running clothes...no new workout. What we have been doing is working so don't rock the boat. 3. And most important...start out SLOW for the race. Probably will happen anyway because of the crowds but overall starting slow will probably only add 4 min total to our time overall.

My playlist for my long runs consist of Disney, Shania Twain, Hawaiian music from "IZ" and....the Hawaii Five O music from the show...yup....that theme song comes on and I can momentarily picture the 5-0 guys all cheering me on from the sidelines...sigh...

Off for my 4 miles today....really windy in San Antonio so on the treadmill it will be. Found out I have my treadmill at a little higher incline than what was needed so no wonder when I get outside I'm faster. Not going to change it now!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #1792
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Hey, y'all - if anyone is looking for a running watch, I put a review of my Garmin Forerunner 10 up on the blog. The 10 is a smaller, more scaled down version of the other Garmins.

http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...ng-myself.html
Completely agree with your blog on the Garmin. I got a pink one from DH for Christmas and I also have OCPD....running coach told me to stop looking at it every 20 sec to see what my pace is...
Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #1793
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
3. And most important...start out SLOW for the race.
Glad you mentioned this...it's one of the hardest things to do! For any first-timers out there, remember to keep this in your mind while you're in the corral thinking about what you're about to do. It's so exciting and emotional and adrenaline-filled that you may cross the start line and realize a mile or two later that you've just run your fastest miles ever! Remember to stay conservative and pay attention to your pace in the beginning until you find your groove. Reign in the energy, and if you're still feeling it, let it go for the last few miles....and if you're not feelin' it, you'll be glad you didn't waste it all at the beginning and are able to maintain through the finish. It all sounds kind of obvious, not going out too fast, but I find it do be one of the hardest things to do myself. The rush and excitement make me feel like I could sprint the whole thing! Save it for the finish...you'll likely be numb when you see the finish straight-away anyway...that's my favorite part...I don't even feel my feet hitting the ground. I think that's what keeps me coming back for more of this torture

Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #1794
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
Hey Holly! I am doing the Princess this year (5th time!) and am in Southern Maine, too! Just saying hi!
Wow...5 times; that's great!! Nice to see another New England princess here I'm in the Kennebunk area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Ok, so PHM will be my 5th half and I've yet to have any real nightmares about races...but last night I had a dream that waivers came out and I was in corral K...not only that, I was the only person in that corral, the very very VERY last person out there, hahahahaha!
I had a nightmare the other night about the race. To get to packet pick up I had to swim through water and then I ended up in this dank underground room to pick up my bib from someone in a closet. The next thing I know I'm at the start of the race with my friend and we got there late and the balloon ladies are about to cross the start line and my friend takes off like the wind and I'm thinking there's no way I'm going to catch her (and she's a little slower than I am in real life) and that there's no way I'm going to be able to keep my pace. That's the only dream I've ever had about a race and it can be the last.

Holly
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #1795
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Waivers...

Even though the back end shows 2012 waivers were up Jan, 20, I just went through last year's Princess thread and it looks like folks were pulling waivers from the back way starting Feb.3, with the "real" waiver posting on runDisney.com on Feb. 7.

I remember getting my 5K stuff late and only through the good graces of the folks here - I never did get the waiver or final instructions emails from runDisney.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #1796
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
Even though the back end shows 2012 waivers were up Jan, 20, I just went through last year's Princess thread and it looks like folks were pulling waivers from the back way starting Feb.3, with the "real" waiver posting on runDisney.com on Feb. 7.

I remember getting my 5K stuff late and only through the good graces of the folks here - I never did get the waiver or final instructions emails from runDisney.
Well, I'm sure it'll be soon. I'm very impatient and this is good information for me to know maybe they really aren't as behind as it seems. This waiver thing has consumed more of my brain this week than it should when finishing out the rest of my training strong should be what's consuming that part of my brain.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #1797
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker

Wow...5 times; that's great!! Nice to see another New England princess here I'm in the Kennebunk area.

I had a nightmare the other night about the race. To get to packet pick up I had to swim through water and then I ended up in this dank underground room to pick up my bib from someone in a closet. The next thing I know I'm at the start of the race with my friend and we got there late and the balloon ladies are about to cross the start line and my friend takes off like the wind and I'm thinking there's no way I'm going to catch her (and she's a little slower than I am in real life) and that there's no way I'm going to be able to keep my pace. That's the only dream I've ever had about a race and it can be the last.

Holly
I don't have nightmares about the race but I always dream about running. In my dream I'm always running like a gazelle. I'm always so happy. Unfortunately, that is not the reality for me. At least not yet but I'm working on it. I'm really getting excited for the race.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
Old 01-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #1798
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

Glad you mentioned this...it's one of the hardest things to do! For any first-timers out there, remember to keep this in your mind while you're in the corral thinking about what you're about to do. It's so exciting and emotional and adrenaline-filled that you may cross the start line and realize a mile or two later that you've just run your fastest miles ever! Remember to stay conservative and pay attention to your pace in the beginning until you find your groove. Reign in the energy, and if you're still feeling it, let it go for the last few miles....and if you're not feelin' it, you'll be glad you didn't waste it all at the beginning and are able to maintain through the finish. It all sounds kind of obvious, not going out too fast, but I find it do be one of the hardest things to do myself. The rush and excitement make me feel like I could sprint the whole thing! Save it for the finish...you'll likely be numb when you see the finish straight-away anyway...that's my favorite part...I don't even feel my feet hitting the ground. I think that's what keeps me coming back for more of this torture
Soooooo true. It had happened to me the last two PHMs. I get so excited that the race has finally started that I lose my focus. Last year, it felt like I had only run 1 mile but I looked up and the mile marker was at 3. Big mistake! I was exhausted by mile 11 and my body was screaming to quite. Fortunately, my brain didn't listen and I kept going.
This time I am going to stay focused and stay at my pace from the get go.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #1799
Schmaggie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post

Next question - when were the final race instructions sent? Do they come first or after? The website still says they will be sent approx one month before the race.

Last question - it seemed like the Rapunzel theme was well known way in advance last year. Is it weird that we don't even know what princess is being featured this year? Did I somehow miss this info?

Jodi
Jodi, I'm assuming since last year's was the Tangled Royal Family 5K, and this year it's being called the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Royal Family 5K, that this year it will be Royal Mickey and Minnie ... just a guess.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #1800
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Back door's open, Princesses! No bib #'s but the generic waiver's there...

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: