Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #1771
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyMoos

I can't recommend the chiro enough. I swear, these days, mine is like my second husband. I normally go once every 4 weeks for regular maintenance. But with the race coming and the IT band/knee issues I've been having, I've been seeing him once a week. He is a miracle worker. Each Sunday, do my long run, hobble around on the bum knee after. See him Monday, I'm jumping around at Zumba on Monday night. I've had improvement with the problem as well, and aside from realizing I was in the wrong shoes, I think my adjustments and him working on my knee has helped too. Even though I see him weekly between now and the race, I am thinking I'm going to go in once more the morning of the day I leave for WDW. but yeah, I'm one of those chiropractic cures all people lol. Every time I go, my kids get adjusted as well.
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to my appointment today....I expect to be doing back flips back to my car afterwards, lol

Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #1772
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Ok, so PHM will be my 5th half and I've yet to have any real nightmares about races...but last night I had a dream that waivers came out and I was in corral K...not only that, I was the only person in that corral, the very very VERY last person out there, hahahahaha!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #1773
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Ok, so PHM will be my 5th half and I've yet to have any real nightmares about races...but last night I had a dream that waivers came out and I was in corral K...not only that, I was the only person in that corral, the very very VERY last person out there, hahahahaha!
My race nightmares....always about bathrooms.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #1774
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

My race nightmares are always weird and meandering. They never make sense. But I figure I gotta have at least one!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #1775
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Mine involve my friends suddenly deciding they don't want to run with me and run off leaving me behind and/or we've missed the race completely

My friends was that we got lost on the course and two unhelpful volunteers tell us the wrong route back
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #1776
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
My race nightmares....always about bathrooms.
This one made me laugh, Princess will be my 15th half, and one full under my belt I've only used the restroom on the course twice. I think I sweat (oh I mean glisten) so much that a rest room isn't necessary.

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #1777
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
I live in SE Fla. and they can't predict the weather here from day to day! Right now, it is 80
I'm in the Tampa Bay area - we're expecting 80+ today and low 40s tomorrow... prepare for ANYTHING, Princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
So we went 7 miles today! I'm proud that I finished, but now I am super worried about finishing without being swept! We made it with a 13min pace, but I was definitely dying by the time we got home. I am panicking that there is no way I can finish.

Any suggestions, tips, thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
First I'll say that I'm not an advocate of"banking" time. That being said, if you can maintain 13 mm for 7 like like you've already done, you've technically "banked" 21 minutes. So for the last 6 miles you would just have to maintain 19:30 minute miles, a slow walking pace. You got this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Also....why not try a 14 or 15 min mile ? Maybe a little slower pace would give you more energy to finish the rest. One of the first things our running coach told us was to start out at a comfortable pace...you can always speed up if you feel better.
I'll echo all of the above and testify that banking time AND slowing down got me through the TOT 10-Miler with a majorly painful injury. You can do it!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #1778
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
I haven't had any yet this year, but my dreams are always about going off course. That actually happened to me on a 10 miler years ago! It was poorly marked and several of us took the wrong path through an arboretum. Will never know if it was a short cut or a long way round But that would NEVER happen at Disney.

In my last running nightmare, we took the wrong path and ran through the Disney Magic.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #1779
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've had one dream, and I woke up late, and was trying to get to the starting line, but nobody spoke English and I couldn't find anyone to tell me how to get there.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #1780
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

My freaky race dreams involve Disney looking completely different. Picture rows and rows of wild west looking shops. We have to run through each of them -- some have stairs, some have western blankets and saddles to hurdle. Then, my mom shows up and wants me to stroll with her and shop.

Now, I know I am a Texas girl, but this is RIDICULOUS!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #1781
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Have we talked playlists yet? I typically don't run with music, but I'd like to have a Disney themed playlist on standby, just in case.

(Plus, we have a long drive to WDW, so it will be fun to listen to on the way there).

Favorite Disney songs? I'm looking for the music to Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! but can't find it.... anyone?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #1782
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Have we talked playlists yet? I typically don't run with music, but I'd like to have a Disney themed playlist on standby, just in case.

(Plus, we have a long drive to WDW, so it will be fun to listen to on the way there).

Favorite Disney songs? I'm looking for the music to Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! but can't find it.... anyone?
I'm working on a play list for the race with a mix of my best running songs, feel good songs and Disney... You can find it on Spotify if you search for Princess half Marathon

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #1783
joliren
Earning My Ears

If I am running solo I like to have the music to keep me going. But if I am running with others I don't use it. I didn't use it last year at the Princess race. There is so much entertainment along the course and just seeing all the other women in their costumes was enough for me. Never once missed not having music.

With that said here are my suggestions for a Disney Themed Playlist

"Someday my Prince will come" The Cheetah Girls
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" Disney Channel Stars
"Reflection (remix)" Christina Aguilera
"Kiss the Girl" (Pop Version) Ashley Tusdale
"Let's Get Together" Go-Gos
"When you wish upon a Star" Kate Voegele
"It's not just Make Believe: Kari Kimmel
"Under the Sea" (Pop Verison) Raven-Symone
"Ever Ever After" Jordan Pruitt

There are a bunch more - search Disneymania under itunes
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #1784
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had serious nightmares after Tink about Princess. I kept dreaming that they kept making me run and wouldn't give me a medal. Like everyday they made me run the route like 4 or 5 times and then would tell me to come back tomorrow and do it once more and then they'd give it to me. I'd come back and they'd make me do it over and over and over and still no medal.

Any dream interpreters want to have a go at that one?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #1785
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Celebrate You by Corbin Bleu, its one of my favorites to run to! Also Illuminations would probably be some good music to run to.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: