Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #1741
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
How 'bout this weather, Chicago Princesses!!! 1/2 mile into it I wanted to turn back around and get my 5K Pocahontas costume out just 'cuz! But I didn't. Time was a-wastin'. Hope you are all enjoying the heat wave!
I am stuck at work, so I can not go for a run. I may walk at lunch time.
I think the rain is due to start by the time I get off work.

Chicago Ladies, look up Shape Diva Dash. Looks like so much fun!!!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #1742
kanadar
Mouseketeer
 
kanadar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Normal, IL
Posts: 150

I'm in Illinois, just not Chicago and it is pretty nice today! I want to get a run in outside but I'm a little leery on that because I've been having a pain in the back of my thigh, not sure why but it just started randomly. It started yesterday and my last run was saturday so I don't think that did it.
kanadar is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #1743
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadar View Post
I'm in Illinois, just not Chicago and it is pretty nice today! I want to get a run in outside but I'm a little leery on that because I've been having a pain in the back of my thigh, not sure why but it just started randomly. It started yesterday and my last run was saturday so I don't think that did it.
I am not in the city either. far away burb!.

I hope your thigh pain gets better.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #1744
AmyAnne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 175

While we are waiting for corral placements, I have a few planning questions I hope you all experts can help me with.

First, we will be staying at a monorail resort and I am wondering whether the monorail will be running in time to get us the the start, or whether we will need to take a bus.

And second, where do the people with the gold cheer squad package get to be during the race? The info on the rundisney site says: "Reserved ChEAR Zone viewing location along the course (first-come, first-served)"

But does that mean you could be anywhere along the course? If so, how would you get to anywhere on the course other than Epcot (where the race buses drop you off)?
AmyAnne is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #1745
cshea13
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1

Princess Tattoo

My sister just found some temporary tattoos that we will be sporting on race day. I was psyched she found them, so I figured I would let everyone hear know about them. It is a 13.1 with a purple tiara. These can be found at Marathon Tattoo.
cshea13 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #1746
happybaker
Mouseketeer
 
happybaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 78

So, I was just on runDisney and in the Runner Info section under waivers, they changed the wording to say that waivers will be provided approximately two weeks weeks before the race. Didn't it used to say 30 days prior?

UGH...does that mean almost another two weeks before we get them? I want it now only because it means we're that much closer and I need a vacation!

Holly
happybaker is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #1747
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja
 
bellanotte10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mousechusetts
Posts: 2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker
So, I was just on runDisney and in the Runner Info section under waivers, they changed the wording to say that waivers will be provided approximately two weeks weeks before the race. Didn't it used to say 30 days prior?

UGH...does that mean almost another two weeks before we get them? I want it now only because it means we're that much closer and I need a vacation!

Holly
Oh no! I see that too! How disappointing. I really wanted it this week, as it made the race seem more close/real....

I know final race instructions still say 1 month before so hopefully we should be getting those soon.
__________________
bellanotte10 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #1748
Schmaggie
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
How 'bout this weather, Chicago Princesses!!! 1/2 mile into it I wanted to turn back around and get my 5K Pocahontas costume out just 'cuz! But I didn't. Time was a-wastin'. Hope you are all enjoying the heat wave!
Amen to THAT! Winter chill is on its way back, but I got out for a quick shakeout run this morning, just because I could!
Schmaggie is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #1749
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 209

What is up with runDisney? No waivers or bib numbers or corrals on time, no final instructions, no Princess merchandise (except pins and purses)...we don't even know who the featured Princess is. Not feeling the magic right now. I've been injured and could use a pick-me-up, so many of us are training in freezing cold temps....ugh. It is so close yet so far. runDisney, throw us a bone please!!!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
jodipaige2004 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #1750
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja
 
bellanotte10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mousechusetts
Posts: 2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004
What is up with runDisney? No waivers or bib numbers or corrals on time, no final instructions, no Princess merchandise (except pins and purses)...we don't even know who the featured Princess is. Not feeling the magic right now. I've been injured and could use a pick-me-up, so many of us are training in freezing cold temps....ugh. It is so close yet so far. runDisney, throw us a bone please!!!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
I completely agree!
__________________
bellanotte10 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #1751
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 169

Has anyone ever done a rhinestone iron on applique on a tech shirt? I'm nervous about doing it.
Mommy to Two Princes is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #1752
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
What is up with runDisney? No waivers or bib numbers or corrals on time, no final instructions, no Princess merchandise (except pins and purses)...we don't even know who the featured Princess is. Not feeling the magic right now. I've been injured and could use a pick-me-up, so many of us are training in freezing cold temps....ugh. It is so close yet so far. runDisney, throw us a bone please!!!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
I also agree!! Not feeling the magic!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #1753
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
Has anyone ever done a rhinestone iron on applique on a tech shirt? I'm nervous about doing it.

I have several times...sometimes takes more time and applied pressure to get it to adhere than it would on 100% cotton, but I haven't had a problem. A few things I've learned along the way...Make sure you are using a thin cloth between the iron and the transfer. One tip I read somewhere that I think works really well is to perform the transfer as normal, let cool/dry for a few minutes...once you can remove the sticky transfer paper and feel like the stones are properly adhered, turn the shirt inside out and repeat on the inside of the shirt, still using the thin cloth between the iron and the shirt. It's supposed to help draw the adhesive on the back of the stones even deeper into the fabric of the shirt so they stick really well. again, allow it to dry/cool before turning right side out...run your hand over the design to make sure everything feels secure...repeat steps if anything is loose. also, make sure your thin cloth is large enough to cover not just the design, but also anywhere the iron might make contact with the shirt since alot of tech fabric not react very well to direct heat from a hot iron. Hope it works for you!

ETA: the first 3 pics in my signature have rhinestone iron ons on the front and backs of the shirts....the last 3 were vinyl iron ons...all on tech fabric.
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #1754
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09

I also agree!! Not feeling the magic!
Agreed! Suspense is killing me. I feel guilty saying it is 80 done here in Fla.
__________________
2013, DL 1/2, 2013, TOT 2013, W&D 2013, Tink 2014
GSC 2014, 2014 WDW 1/2





sunnygal041 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #1755
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Agreed! Suspense is killing me. I feel guilty saying it is 80 done here in Fla.
Meant to say down, not done. Stupid IPad
__________________
2013, DL 1/2, 2013, TOT 2013, W&D 2013, Tink 2014
GSC 2014, 2014 WDW 1/2





sunnygal041 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: