Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #1621
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
A great big thanks. I keep telling myself that I am too old to be going through this crap. I guess it never stops.

Cindy
No, it never stops. You just change the way you deal with it.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #1622
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04 View Post
Just stopping in to see how everyone is doing and their plans are going. I see some of you have some awesome costumes going, love this race for that (and I can dress up too ). I have my costume in hand, I am debating on getting a Rapunzel wig or not for it, since I have a full length custom made costume.

The EXPO is typically crowded round the clock, but less crowded Saturday than Friday. Lines should be smaller, but that doesn't mean it won't be easy to walk through the place.

Hope all the training is going great, on schedule and injury free. Those that are sick, take care of yourself, get better, being healthy is better than fighting the illness through training. During these times of cold weather and flu season, water is a great friend and necessity, keep up with a healthy diet and remember, its all for the fun of the race (unless your fast and want to win).

Now that we are less than a month out, the waivers should be coming soon and be posted sometime during next week, maybe even this weekend. I know I won't be in A for this race since my kind is allowed , but should be in first corral I am allowed in, which previously has been B. Maybe I will see some of you there, if you see a guy in a full Rapunzel costume, that is most likely me and feel free to say hi!
definitely will be keeping an eye out for ya!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #1623
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the kind wishes, thoughts and advice. I'm not much of a technology chic, but if it weren't for the DIS, I never would have "met" all the kind folks here. I have learned that when life hands us lemons, we must make lemonade! We will do this! We will run , walk, jog or even crawl(lol). I look forward to meeting as many of you that I can. I may run angry, but I will run!

Cindy 😉

Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #1624
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40!

No, it never stops. You just change the way you deal with it.
I hear that, loud and clear. It's just crappy.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #1625
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Thank you! I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the kind wishes, thoughts and advice. I'm not much of a technology chic, but if it weren't for the DIS, I never would have "met" all the kind folks here. I have learned that when life hands us lemons, we must make lemonade! We will do this! We will run , walk, jog or even crawl(lol). I look forward to meeting as many of you that I can. I may run angry, but I will run!

Cindy ��
Here is something to think about...running angry just "could" make you run faster.

Just try and enjoy what you are doing and it is going to be such a girl power event.
We're just under 30 days out...lots to do and keep your mind busy. Hang in there!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #1626
kanadar
Mouseketeer

I started running a year ago in February. A few months later my BF broke up with me, I just used it as motivation haha. I now have a new BF who is super supportive and tells me to go on runs even when I really don't want to. You'll get through it, and running will help with it and make you stronger after.

I just got a new shirt today that I unfortunately can't run in yet because its so cold but I can't wait till I can show it off. It says "forget the glass slipper this princess wears running shoes". And for christmas my sister got me a tshirt that says "I run for Dole Whips".

I'm not sure what we are going to do, my sister bought a race retreat and I forgot to get mine and by the time I remembered they were sold out. Kinda stinks but we'll see how it goes. My best friend, her sister and mom decided to join us in the race as well so that I am looking forward to. No costumes at this point because I don't think I'm creative enough to figure something out haha. Maybe next time after I see what this one is like since I've never run a disney race before.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #1627
KaseeLee
Earning My Ears

The cold weather has been making it tough to run lately so I've been doing short runs to break in my new running sneakers for the marathon. Today I got in 9 miles in 1 hour 33 minutes...it felt good and I'm thinking I will be ready...fingers crossed!
Ladies keep,up,the great work and can't wait to run this,with you all
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #1628
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

I feel for all of you going through relationship stuff. This past Sept DH came home and said he was leaving. WTH??? It's taken him awhile to figure things out and a lot of heart ache and tears on my part. Running is what kept me strong. Running angry is great! Such a stress reliever. And a much better alternative to bashing his face in. I went to marathon weekend without him and had such a blast! I was so glad he wasn't there to rain on my parade. He's not coming for Princess either and I am totally good with that. I really don't need his buzz kill. Disney magic will do it's thing and you will have a blast. Can't wait to meet a bunch of you terrific Princesses.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #1629
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Forgot to add, DH asked me one time why I spend so much time on here and on the FB page. It's cuz you all get it and understand and are so supportive. Basically the total opposite of hime. THAT'S WHY! Weiney head!

He doesn't run and just doesn't get it at all. But it's nice to know I could totally whoop his rump if we ever had to race each other!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #1630
uccats97
Mouseketeer

So I went out to run last night dressed in so many layers it was ridiculous. It was in the teens with wind chills in the single digits. My outermost layers were snow pants and a parka! All that extra clothing slowed me down about 1.5 min/mile but at least I was warm and still made it through about 3.5 miles. Tomorrow is an 11 mile run in the mid 20s but by Tuesday it's supposed to be in the upper 50s, woo hoo! Florida weather sounds so good!

I dream in Disney!
Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(6)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 Pop Century

Old 01-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #1631
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Well, I've been pretty positive that us princesses can do just about anything (and overcome just about anything)... But the snow in the northeast has me stumped!!

Having grown up in Florida, I have no idea what to do with snow, even after 5 winters here. And this year is my first time having to figure out an outdoor running schedule in the winter.

What do you ladies do? I'm supposed to go for 12 tomorrow but am terrified of slipping and hurting myself in the snow/ice. I don't have treadmill access either. :-/

Should I just plan to wait for a warm front to come in and melt the snow? It's so pretty; but it's also cold and messing up my training plan. Can't wait to be in my home state again soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #1632
MizBrix
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar
Well, I've been pretty positive that us princesses can do just about anything (and overcome just about anything)... But the snow in the northeast has me stumped!!

Having grown up in Florida, I have no idea what to do with snow, even after 5 winters here. And this year is my first time having to figure out an outdoor running schedule in the winter.

What do you ladies do? I'm supposed to go for 12 tomorrow but am terrified of slipping and hurting myself in the snow/ice. I don't have treadmill access either. :-/

Should I just plan to wait for a warm front to come in and melt the snow? It's so pretty; but it's also cold and messing up my training plan. Can't wait to be in my home state again soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm in NY and dealing with this very issue this morning. I ran through ice and snow on Monday (in the poconos) and I thought I was going to slip and fall the entire run. I think it must have affected my stride or foot positioning because my inner shin was particularly sore the rest if the day.

I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and move my long run to a treadmill . Can you drive to an indoor track or anyplace with a treadmill? You can always "try" out a new gym today to get access to a treadmill.

Good luck to everyone on their long runs today! Also big hugs to all those princesses dealing with crappy man situations! :group hug:
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #1633
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

anyone else checking constantly to see if the waivers are ready??
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #1634
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy
Will they email them? Or do we just check the website?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #1635
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy
Like 30 times a day
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
Closed Thread