DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Panicked!! Is there a delay on DVC ressie website?

So I regretfully just had to cancel our upcoming Spring Break trip. :-(

I originally made the reservation using all of our (260) Dec 2012 use year points. I also used the remaining (5) points from our Dec 2011 use year and borrowed (17) points from our Dec 2013 use year in order to complete the reservation.

After cancelling the ressie, it shows I have a balance of 282 points, which I agree to be correct. (Nevermind that we'll lose the 5 points from our 2011 use year.)

HOWEVER, when I look at what points I have available for each coming Use Year, it shows that I have 0 points available to use for our Dec 2012 use year. I'm panicked! It shows that I made the cancellation, and shows that I have a balance, but it doesn't show in the use year? Did I mess up? Or is there perhaps a lag in this part of the website?

Of course Member Services is closed. Anyone have any insights?!?!

I answered my own question. For anyone else who might be wondering, YES, there is a small delay in posting some of those annual points in the Use Year. It now appears all my points are back where they should be. Phew! I am once again breathing on my own. :-)
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?

Last edited by wrighter; 11-24-2012 at 05:48 PM.
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Log out and then log back in. That happened to me once and when I did that, things were exactly how they should be!

Good luck!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighter View Post
So I regretfully just had to cancel our upcoming Spring Break trip. :-(

I originally made the reservation using all of our (260) Dec 2012 use year points. I also used the remaining (5) points from our Dec 2011 use year and borrowed (17) points from our Dec 2013 use year in order to complete the reservation.

After cancelling the ressie, it shows I have a balance of 282 points, which I agree to be correct. (Nevermind that we'll lose the 5 points from our 2011 use year.)

HOWEVER, when I look at what points I have available for each coming Use Year, it shows that I have 0 points available to use for our Dec 2012 use year. I'm panicked! It shows that I made the cancellation, and shows that I have a balance, but it doesn't show in the use year? Did I mess up? Or is there perhaps a lag in this part of the website?

Of course Member Services is closed. Anyone have any insights?!?!

I answered my own question. For anyone else who might be wondering, YES, there is a small delay in posting some of those annual points in the Use Year. It now appears all my points are back where they should be. Phew! I am once again breathing on my own. :-)
It may be a glitch in the system.

Based on what you are saying, for a Spring Break 2013 reservation, you used 5 banked 2011 points, 260 2012 points, and 17 borrowed points for a total of 282 points, which should all be showing in your 2012 use year, as banking and borrowing are final transactions. I would call Member Services tomorrow and confirm that you have 282 points available for use during your 2012 use year, with 260 of those that can be banked in to the 2013 use year. 22 points, the banked and borrowed, would expire at the end of your 2012 use year, on Nov 30, 2013. That is all assuming, of course, that you had booked at a DVC resort. I don't know how those points would show up on the website if your had booked and cancelled outside the DVC resort system.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Sometimes there is a delay in the system. If you refresh or log-out and log back in it will show up. I called MS once because the points did not appear and they said it could take up to two hours to reflect online. MS could see on their end, but I could not on my end. It showed after a few minutes, but good that you keep an account of your points.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: