Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #961
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
7 am is sleeping late for me too!

Wow - you look like you are up so high as the ship docks. That's crazy. Sure wouldn't want to fall from there.

So where do the CM's on the island actually come from? I guess I always thought they got off the ship.

Looking forward to your day on Castaway Cay!
I know. I can't sleep in like the good old teen days. And on vacation there is just too much to see and do. I plan to take lots of naps in then ext 2 weeks to get rested up for our upcoming trip.

The CM's come from a neighboring island. I am at a lost for the name right now, but I think it's only like 2 miles away. Many CM's do get off the ship too, but they have several that come from the neighboring island as well.

Writing about the cruise has been hard on me. I REALLY want to go back.....soon. I keep watching prices and trying to figure a way that it would work out. My mother also keeps talking about going on one as well.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #962
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The majority of the excursions and activities on Castaway Cay are actually contracted out to a tour operator and the people working for this tour operator come from Great Abaco. As far as cast members are concerned, most come of the ship (characters, food and beverage staff and merchandise staff with the exception of the post office staff), but there are also about 50 cast members that live on Castaway Cay.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #963
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jen, Corinna is right, the tours and most activities are done by outside contracters.
There is a crew that lives on CC and to add to Corinna's already given pointers, I just want to say that the manager of Castaway Cay is Austrian! His name is Guenther and he is really a nice guy!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #964
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The majority of the excursions and activities on Castaway Cay are actually contracted out to a tour operator and the people working for this tour operator come from Great Abaco. As far as cast members are concerned, most come of the ship (characters, food and beverage staff and merchandise staff with the exception of the post office staff), but there are also about 50 cast members that live on Castaway Cay.

Corinna
Yes! That is the island! We could see it too when we went on an excursion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jen, Corinna is right, the tours and most activities are done by outside contracters.
There is a crew that lives on CC and to add to Corinna's already given pointers, I just want to say that the manager of Castaway Cay is Austrian! His name is Guenther and he is really a nice guy!
I remember you mentioning him in the past.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #965
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay still looks like paradise even with though it was brown from the storm. The family looks like they were all in a good mood and ready to hit the island!

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #966
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Castaway Cay still looks like paradise even with though it was brown from the storm. The family looks like they were all in a good mood and ready to hit the island!
We were all excited for the day. We had an excellent time that day too. We didn't let the brown get us down.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #967
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

We were all excited for the day. We had an excellent time that day too. We didn't let the brown get us down.
I like that Jen
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #968
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Well, it looks like the island was brown, but the water was blue and so was the sky and that's two big thumbs up in my book.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #969
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Hey Jen,

I'm finally caught up again... I love that you have so many pictures, as they truly are worth a 1000 words. I'm with you I like to take pictures of everything and anything so that you can always relive the moments.

Can't wait to see how your CC day goes!

Mark
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #970
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Vinny would have a heart attack being that close to a bird.
They are beautiful birds.
That is a great pic of the ship with Atlantis behind it.
Creepy guys are the worst.
I do not believe a drink with no alcohol can be great. LOL. Only kidding. It looked good.
The escargot looks delicious.
The aqua duck does look pretty lit up.
Karaoke is something I could never do. Good for her.
Sounds like you had a great day and evening too.
Great pics from the balcony.
All caught up now.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #971
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I like that Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Well, it looks like the island was brown, but the water was blue and so was the sky and that's two big thumbs up in my book.
Exactly! The day was nice, what more can you ask for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
Hey Jen,

I'm finally caught up again... I love that you have so many pictures, as they truly are worth a 1000 words. I'm with you I like to take pictures of everything and anything so that you can always relive the moments.

Can't wait to see how your CC day goes!

Mark
I love taking picutres. it really helps relive the moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Vinny would have a heart attack being that close to a bird.
They are beautiful birds.
That is a great pic of the ship with Atlantis behind it.
Creepy guys are the worst.
I do not believe a drink with no alcohol can be great. LOL. Only kidding. It looked good.
The escargot looks delicious.
The aqua duck does look pretty lit up.
Karaoke is something I could never do. Good for her.
Sounds like you had a great day and evening too.
Great pics from the balcony.
All caught up now.
You wouldn't want me to sing karaoke. It would be a scary thing.

I am not a big drinker at all, so this drink was great for me. I did get wild last night have TWO Bud Lights.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #972
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After admiring the views from the decks outside of the Meridian, I headed back inside.

Of course I shot a couple of pictures.

A quick walk through Cabanas.

The guy posed for me!

I walked around snapping away some more.

These stairs lead up to the AquaDuck.

I need this guy to come clean at my house. He actually pulls things out and cleans behind them.

Back to looking out at Castaway Cay.

A look down to where I had just been.

I just want to be there right now!

Looking down, one level is part of Cabanas outside seating and the other is Aft room balconies.

The infamous Palm tree.

Earlier when I had been on my balcony watching us dock, My Dad was next door watching as well. I pointed out that this was a fake palm tree that was really a tower for cell phones, etc. I really donít think he believed me at first. I had to explain how it was so much bigger than the others and they just made it to look like a palm tree. And as you can see, up close, it doesnít look real at all.
While we were talking about this, I had looked down and there was our fellow Dis member JohnPA a deck below us. What a small world. It never dawned on me when looking at the fish extender list that his room was practically right below us. We waved at each other and my Dad was all curious as to why I was waving at strangers. LOL
Old 04-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #973
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

More pictures of my beloved island. I am sure someone in the family would be going down these slides later.

Here comes the parasail boat. Geoff and Pete had the first appointment of the day for this excursion.

A few more ship pictures.

And back to Castaway Cay.

Look at all those towels waiting for us.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #974
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I really like this shot.

After taking that shot, I headed down to the Port Adventures desk. I kept thinking about how my Dis friend Rinky had talked about the Jet Ski excursion. I knew I would enjoy it, I was pretty sure Claire would too, and I knew it would be right up Robís alley as well.
I inquired about it and I was told there wasnít anything available for double riders, only singles and not for the same times. She then told me to check on the island itself, as they often have more openings there. I will tell you this now. Donít even bother with the desk. They donít have the correct info. All the jet skis hold 2 people for one and they had plenty of openings as well.

I headed back to the room then and got dressed for the day of activities and packed our bag. I switched over to the waterproof camera for the day as well. Claire was ready to go, but we had to eat some breakfast first. We met up with the family at Cabanas and got a little bit of breakfast. For some reason the kids were not in the eating mood this morning. But we did make them take a few bites.

Notice Claireís Mickey waffle across the table is missing his ears? LOL

Abby was refusing to eat as well.

I made Claire take a few sips of her milk.

Geoff and Pete had already gotten off the ship and were on their way to parasailing. They were really excited about this, but it sounds a bit too scary for me. My mom actually wanted to go as well, but her bone Dr. suggested she not do it, so she passed on it.

After breakfast we decided to put the girlís hair in ponytails and went back to Gailís room to get the rubber bands. Abby went off with Mom and Dad.

I have no clue where I took these pictures. I do know I took the first one because the parasailing boat was just going around the front of the ship, but I just barely missed it. It almost looks like I am hanging in midair taking them.

While we were getting ready to get off the ship, Geoff and Pete already had started their adventure.

They we werenít the first to go in their session, so they got to see a few before taking their turn.

Pete went up first of the 2 of them though.

They were given an option to have a toe dip when they came back down and they both chose to do it.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #975
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Updates! Only 10 days to go for us to be on that ship. Loving the TR.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: