Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #721
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Poor Clair I he she gets well soon
I do too. I have gotten nothing done this week like I had planned. Instead of cleaning the house it is messier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Poor thing! I hope that she gets better very soon and that you and Skip don't get a bad case of the flu. Everybody knows that parents don't have time to be sick....we've got to take care of the kiddos.
I feel better today. I still have the cough, but I think my worse day was yesterday.
I have to be supermom, after all Skip is sick too and he can't take care of himself on a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Poor sick baby!

She seems totally set up in the pillow department.
Yes she is! She sleeps like that everynight...and notice her head is on the floor and not actually on the pillows, but for some reason she thinks she needs a lot of pillows.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #722
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

hey there

Your report is great and the photos are amazing

Your little girl looks so cute and so comfy

Hope you all feel better soon.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #723
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Hi Jen-read through the whole report so far and am subscribing! Having so much fun reading it! Thanks!!! :D :D :D

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #724
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
hey there

Your report is great and the photos are amazing

Your little girl looks so cute and so comfy

Hope you all feel better soon.
Thanks so much. I am on the mend, and Claire seems tobe getting better a bit...finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Hi Jen-read through the whole report so far and am subscribing! Having so much fun reading it! Thanks!!! :D :D :D
Thanks for reading along. I hope to get another update done either today or tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #725
MEK
DIS Veteran

I hope Claire gets better soon. I remember one March when Nick caught the "plague" and was out of school all week.

New lens? Do tell.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #726
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I hope Claire is feeling better soon. I talked to Tim on Wednesday and Juliana has the flu and strep throat. I hate so many kids (and adults) have gotten sick this winter.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #727
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I hope Claire gets better soon. I remember one March when Nick caught the "plague" and was out of school all week.

New lens? Do tell.
She is still not great yet. There has been a lot of crying this morning. UGH! She missed a field trip at school and was not happy about it at all.

I actually got a couple. The one is a sigma 18-200mm. I wanted something more for walking around. I rarely bring extra lenses to change out anymore with me to the parks, because basically it's a pain, so I thought if i got something with a bigger range, I would get more shots I want.
I also got a 30mm. Something I wanted to get for awhile and he price was as good as it was gonna get since they are coming out with a new model soon.
And one I haven't received yet is a fisheye. It's actually one of those really cheap ones off amazon. I know I will rarely use it, but I just wanted to see how it looks and works. I had some amazon gift cards from my birthday, so I bought a few toys.
So far of the 2 I have, both seem to be good and I think will work for what I want. Of course I have had basically no time to use them yet and the weather outside is great to go on a stroll for pictures, plus everything is brown and ugly around here right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I hope Claire is feeling better soon. I talked to Tim on Wednesday and Juliana has the flu and strep throat. I hate so many kids (and adults) have gotten sick this winter.
I saw that. Our poor girls! I wish this would hurry up and get over with. Today I am about to be at my breaking point. Lots of wining and a few other things, plus my house is just to the point that I can't stand the mess.
I got very little sleep last night and I decided to start cleaning, and I think I might need to stop for a nap soon and then go back at it. At least I got it started.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #728
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the update. Hope Claire is feeling better.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #729
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the update. Hope Claire is feeling better.
Thanks. She is doing much better today.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #730
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Where did her class go
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #731
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Where did her class go

they went to see a play. And she is so mad that she didn't get to go. I guess while we were in Disney in Nov. the school put on a play of Peter Pan. now I have seen the school plays in the past...and they are awful! LOL. But when she got back everyone was talking about it and she was mad she missed it. She keeps telling me how it's going to be the same way this time.

Oh well.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #732
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Nov. 5, 2012, Monday, Day 5

The nice thing about the short cruises is that you arrive at your first port pretty darn fast.
I woke around 6ish this morning and took a look outside.

What a beautiful morning. And this is one reason I love the verandah. Itís so nice to just sit out there and take in the early morning.

But you know me, I canít sit still too long and I got dressed, cracked the connecting door from my parents room for Claire and I went off to explore.

Wow, Look at that sunrise!

A few others were out and about too, but really, not many people are out early in the mornings.

This is an adult area, and as you can tell by the ashtrays on the tables, one of the few smoking areas on the ship. I donít believe this was smoking last time when we sailed, but I could be wrong. I do know another area that used to be smoking is no longer one though. I noticed a few things that had changed since last sailing this time around.

Who could ever get tired of views like this.

I continued to walk around and got a quick shot of this shower stall.

Thatís the teen club. I still think Disney goofed with this one. This should be the adult area.

I see land ahead.

The adult pool.

This area was poorly planned. So many people use this area as a walk through. Itís almost impossible not to at time. And as for the sun worshippers, well there isnít much of an option to get a good tan here as most of it is in shadows.

I decided to head into the spa area and explore while it was quiet.

A few were up and working out already.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #733
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Continuing through the spa and gym.

This is the shower area. I have heard from others that some prefer to come here and shower rather than their rooms, as it is a bit roomier here. Also if you have several people in your room, this is a good spot to come too.

They had these plastic sandals to wear around. I have huge feet and I tried a pair onÖ.um these are super narrow and tiny. I couldnít even squeeze my foot in if I tried hard.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #734
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
they went to see a play. And she is so mad that she didn't get to go. I guess while we were in Disney in Nov. the school put on a play of Peter Pan. now I have seen the school plays in the past...and they are awful! LOL. But when she got back everyone was talking about it and she was mad she missed it. She keeps telling me how it's going to be the same way this time.

Oh well.
Oh NO! BAD MOMMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Nov. 5, 2012, Monday, Day 5

Wow! That's just gorgeous. And a beautiful capture of it!

And yes, that was really a quick trip to your first stop!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #735
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Oh NO! BAD MOMMY!

Wow! That's just gorgeous. And a beautiful capture of it!

And yes, that was really a quick trip to your first stop!
I knoiw. I am so mean to take her on an almost 2 week vacation and she missed the crappy school play!

Thanks. It was such a pretty morning. But most mornings are on a ship...knock on wood I keep having them!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: