Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
MouseHouseof3
Earning My Ears

Deck two of the Magic?

Has anyone ever stayed on deck two? Pros, Cons please? TIA!

Me DH
DD
Cruises:March 2014 Disney's Magic,January 2013Disney's Dream,August 2005 Disney's Wonder
WDW: Over 35 times!
MouseHouseof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

we stayed on deck 2 forward with an oceanview room on our very first cruise on the magic, we loved it. We found it to be very quiet and loved the port hole , I wouldnt hesitate to stay on that deck again we had no issues there!
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
sue
love my DVC

It can become quite congested on port days since the area in which you get off the ship is on deck 1. Lots of people line up on the stairs and around the elevators.
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
bonhote
Earning My Ears

upgraded, you bet!

We were upgraded from an inside room on deck 6 to a porthole room on deck 2. We were nervous but in the end we loved deck 2!!!! It was quiet, elevators were fast and on port days, we had easy access to get off.
bonhote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #5
Tink&Belle's Mom
Mouseketeer

We were in an outside room, about as far forward as we could be (2002) on our first cruise. We loved it! It was cool to be so close to the water; having an outside room for our first ever cruise was great. We did have one night where we really felt the motion of the ship, but I think that was fact we were so far forward, rather than the deck level. We did not notice too much congestion on port days, but perhaps that was due to when our excursions were scheduled, or the elevators/stairs we used?

I'd take a 2nd floor room again in a heartbeat!
Tink&Belle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
snarfieca
Mouseketeer

We've never cruised on the Magis - yet; but have been on the Wonder; on deck 2.

Our first cruise was in an inside cabin. We liked it but by the end of the cruise it felt like being in a closet. After that we had a room with a porthole; we loved having a window.

Next cruise will be on the Magic. We're moving up to deck 6 and a navigator's varendah.

Brenda
from MB
snarfieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
AUinTN
Earning My Ears

We were on deck 2 last week on the Magic (2620). Aft, near elevators/stairs. No issue. We liked it.
AUinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
PacificDisMommy
Forever A Princess

We were in a deck 2 oceanview on the Magic in Jan and enjoyed our location. (we were in room 2004 I believe). It was a "special" room, because it was slightly longer and the porthole was slanted (the top leaned our further than the bottom).
It was nice and quiet in that area and we only felt some motion when we went through a bit of stormy seas. The one bummer about that area is that particular room is above where the front thrusters are, so when pulling in to ports there was a fair bit of noise. It wasn't too bad though, and didn't ruin the trip or anything like that
PacificDisMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
BrownBullhead
Earning My Ears

We stayed in 2077, which was about 10 rooms from "mid" elevators on the PORT side. We had an inside state room (no windows). There was a slight mechanical "thrusters" whir/hum here and there, and that was very 'distant' sounding. We can't say we had any negative concerns or problems staying on this deck. Guest services is less than 60 seconds walk from mid level 2, and access to the late night deck 9 Pinocchio's Pizza and soda machines (and milk dispenser, for those with young kids) was less than 2 minutes away (up the aft elevators). We never found the "congestion" as described by another posted. We were on early seating dinner though, if that makes any difference? Do you have some expectations (positive or negative) about staying on deck 2? I can answer any "yes/no/maybe" questions about my stay if that helps. We were there in February 2014.
BrownBullhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: