Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #1411
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst

That is what I imagined.

They should now replace the Balloon Ladies with Star Wars stormtroopers. Have them marching in a line like riot police. I guess that would be too intimidating and very un-Disney like.
That would be so Friggin Cool!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #1412
Goofierunner
Mickey says, "Now get out there and run!"

I've been using my old iPod on my longer runs lately and some of the songs I haven't heard in a good long while. This was one of them. I starting imagining what it's going to be like hitting the finish line of the full and I may or may not have gotten teary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pCv7k_Hzvg

First I do this Then I do this but I wish I was at
Goofierunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #1413
rocio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John VN View Post
In 2 weeks, +/- 10 minutes, it will be McFlurry time, and remember, no airplane flying leaving the Castle, wait until the race track banking!

Have fun everybody, I am planning on it. Decided to start in front of the Balloon Ladies again.
You're crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
That is what I imagined.

They should now replace the Balloon Ladies with Star Wars stormtroopers. Have them marching in a line like riot police. I guess that would be too intimidating and very un-Disney like.
That would be so funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
THanks. I just sent to my brother who is feeling down. His longest run was Dec 9 . He has a monster case of PF and will not go to the doc for help. I know he can finish the full with the training under his belt, but it will be a very long day.
Good luck to your brother. One of my training partners has a hip injury and is worried too about finishing. She got two 20 milers done though so I think she'll be okay as long as she can continue to improve on her injury. *fingers crossed*
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #1414
rocio
DIS Veteran

I see accuweather finally got rid of the rain for marathon Sunday, but now the high is predicted to be 77.
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #1415
es45
DIS Veteran

Bib3 46468. Bummed that I'm not in C again this year. Wonder what the cut off is to move up?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #1416
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocio View Post
I see accuweather finally got rid of the rain for marathon Sunday, but now the high is predicted to be 77.
I saw this too and I'm thrilled. Not holding my breath though as I'm sure it'll change 9 more times.

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #1417
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

I finally managed to wipe out on my 7 mile run today. Until then, I was enjoying the COLD wind chill (near freezing when I started - cold for Florida) and the quite chilly temperatures. At least I was wearing a long-sleeved tech shirt from the Spacecoast Marathon, so my shoulder is only bruised but not really torn up.

The worst damage was to the face of my Garmin. Anybody know anything about repairing a cracked Garmin Forerunner 610 face? It's got a triangle shaped piece out of the top of the face now, but the functions still work. I'm wondering how vulnerable the face will be to further cracking, even if I don't fall again.

Hard to believe that 2 weeks from now, We'll be done running 26.2 miles at Disney! (Or whatever distance everyone is doing.)

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #1418
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
That is what I imagined.

Stormtroopers sounds cool.
John VN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #1419
chris84bond
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
I finally managed to wipe out on my 7 mile run today. Until then, I was enjoying the COLD wind chill (near freezing when I started - cold for Florida) and the quite chilly temperatures. At least I was wearing a long-sleeved tech shirt from the Spacecoast Marathon, so my shoulder is only bruised but not really torn up.

The worst damage was to the face of my Garmin. Anybody know anything about repairing a cracked Garmin Forerunner 610 face? It's got a triangle shaped piece out of the top of the face now, but the functions still work. I'm wondering how vulnerable the face will be to further cracking, even if I don't fall again.

Hard to believe that 2 weeks from now, We'll be done running 26.2 miles at Disney! (Or whatever distance everyone is doing.)
Ouch! Glad to hear you're okay, but I would be mad if my Garmin was screwed up(610 as well). Have you checked with their support? They do carry a 1 year warranty, and while initial thoughts are that it might not be covered, one of my friends has only great things to say about them. As far as fixing yourself, it's a fairly sealed unit so I haven't torn one apart yet. Searched on the do it yourself repair sites and nothing turned up either.
chris84bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #1420
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

DH bought me the white Nike + GPS watch for Christmas and I feel bad, but I hate it. I gave it a chance but have bony wrists so it fits awkwardly and annoys the hell out of me. To make things worse, he bought it on eBay so I can't return it. I wore it once and it works fine, but like I said, I have small, bony wrists so it just fits weird on me. Anyone interested in buying it? Comes with a shoe sensor. I'll even trade for a new(ish) Nike Fuelband.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #1421
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

11 days until Marathon Weekend all!!

Charles and John-Thanks for the 5K info!

PRmamiDEdos-Thanks for the Frontierland bathroom info!

DEA-I adjusted yours and your wife's bib listings.

twoWDWfools-I assumed Patrick is your husband, correct me if I was wrong.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #1422
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post
DH bought me the white Nike + GPS watch for Christmas and I feel bad, but I hate it. I gave it a chance but have bony wrists so it fits awkwardly and annoys the hell out of me. To make things worse, he bought it on eBay so I can't return it. I wore it once and it works fine, but like I said, I have small, bony wrists so it just fits weird on me. Anyone interested in buying it? Comes with a shoe sensor. I'll even trade for a new(ish) Nike Fuelband.
I don't have that kind of watch but I do have a bony wrist. lol Do you wear it above your wrist bone that sticks out? I have to wear any watches above that. I have a big running watch (Garmin 205) but even though it's big and my wrist is small it doesn't bother me at all.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #1423
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys

I don't have that kind of watch but I do have a bony wrist. lol Do you wear it above your wrist bone that sticks out? I have to wear any watches above that. I have a big running watch (Garmin 205) but even though it's big and my wrist is small it doesn't bother me at all.
If I put it above my bone, it slides. When I adjusted the band to be more loose, the device banged against the bone while I ran. I feel so bad.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #1424
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post
If I put it above my bone, it slides. When I adjusted the band to be more loose, the device banged against the bone while I ran. I feel so bad.
Oh ok, gotcha. Yeah that isn't good. My Garmin tightens enough above my bone that it doesn't budge. Do they sell different straps maybe?? Or if not, maybe just sell it on ebay yourself...I'm sure your dh will understand. Blame it on your darn bony wrists.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #1425
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys

Oh ok, gotcha. Yeah that isn't good. My Garmin tightens enough above my bone that it doesn't budge. Do they sell different straps maybe?? Or if not, maybe just sell it on ebay yourself...I'm sure your dh will understand. Blame it on your darn bony wrists.
Tomorrow is going to be SLOW at work so I'll just list it while I'm there. Might as well have something to do. Maybe I'll wear my running clothes under my work clothes and escape for a while, LOL.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: