Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #706
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

Bid #43788 and Corral B for me! I'm pretty excited about that! My time submitted for the half was 2:16.

Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #707
LuzzBightyear
Mouseketeer

Anyone know where I can find the times the different corrals are allowed to start?

LuzzBightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #708
pilk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
Hubby & I both submitted a 2:37 half time. His bib is 22346 & mine is 25285. Both Goofy. Likely different corrals from the guesses on corral placement I've been reading. Who knows.
Quote:
Yep, I am in D, barely... about 300 bib cushion from being pushed to E. Hubby who submitted the exact same time as me (well he was 30 seconds faster) is solid in B.. Wonder if they updated his and not mine
The way the Goofy Bibs are done isn't making much sense to me. I used a finish time from the Donald last year of 2:10. That go me into a D corral for the goofy this year. I have seen posts on other boards with a wide range of times and placements that are not making an organized sense. Looks like a visit to the guest relations for a corral change will be in order.
Jon
WDW October2002 All Star Music, November 2005 All Star Movies, April 2008 SSR & AKL, October 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort, January 2012 AKL for Donald and Chip & Dale, March 2012 All Star Sport, October 2012 All Star, January 2013 WDW Marathon Weekend "Goofy" Pop Century

DCL May 2008 Western, Sept 2010 WBTA, May 2011 Alaska, March 2012 Fantasy, April 2012 Hawaii

DLMay 2012
pilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #709
ironz
could always use some pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
D here! Awesome I was in D for the princess half in 2011 and was able to finish. So I hope D is good luck again for me!
I'm in D!! Do you Gallowalk? Maybe we can start together! I won't mind if you pull away from me...I'll be happy just to finish the Goofy no matter what time. (as long as I make it! )
Meet you there?
Either that, or I meet you in Epcot later that day.

"The miles aren't going to run themselves."

ironz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #710
Quiksilvr
DIS Veteran

I'm in the middle of the Corral B range (~2500 bib#) for the full. I submitted a 1:57 half time to get placed there. Since that race, I've done a 1:49 half. Two questions: (i) is that enough of a difference to get me boosted to A, and (ii) is it really worth being in A over B?

I've run big races before and haven't really noticed a big difference between being close to the front, and at the front. However, this is a Disney race, so my experiences at other races is not necessarily indicative of how things will be at WDW.

Is being in A that big of a deal, or is it just something that would make me feel good psychologically? I kinda feel like B should be fine, but figured I'd ask. I don't want to go to the hassle of getting my corral changed if it's not that big of a deal.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #711
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Bib List is updated, let me know if there are any mistakes! My eyes were starting to blur typing in all the numbers. lol

Quote:
Yep, I am in D, barely... about 300 bib cushion from being pushed to E. Hubby who submitted the exact same time as me (well he was 30 seconds faster) is solid in B.. Wonder if they updated his and not mine
You submitted a half time of around 2.5 hrs, right? Sounds like you're in the right corral but your dh was put in a too fast one. I also submitted a half time of around 2.5 hrs and I'm in D...same with a few others. I wouldn't bother doing anything about it though, as you know he can just go back to your corral.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #712
Reep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilvr View Post
Two questions: (i) is that enough of a difference to get me boosted to A, and (ii) is it really worth being in A over B?
i) I don't know, but it probably would;

ii) This depends on your philosophy. Assuming you are on the boarder between the two, there is not much difference between being at the back of A v. the front of B. I would think the biggest advantage by far is that you would not need to worry about getting to the front of the corral. You could take your time, maybe warm up more, and just slip into the back--which would be great.

I would just try to avoid any temptation to move up to the front of A. Ideally you want to start the race relaxed with people of the same pace. If you get too far up you risk going out too fast (as 95% of most people do).

I would try to get into A for no other reason than not having to fight to get to the front of B.
Reep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #713
Reep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Bib List is updated, let me know if there are any mistakes! My eyes were starting to blur typing in all the numbers. lol
Please add me with Goofy bib 20008.
Reep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #714
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys
Bib List is updated, let me know if there are any mistakes! My eyes were starting to blur typing in all the numbers. lol.
Thanks for doing this!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #715
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post

You submitted a half time of around 2.5 hrs, right? Sounds like you're in the right corral but your dh was put in a too fast one. I also submitted a half time of around 2.5 hrs and I'm in D...same with a few others. I wouldn't bother doing anything about it though, as you know he can just go back to your corral.
That is honestly what I am thinking. I think his is a mistake. Oh well, good for him, he will have a half hour cushion, I'll have 20 minutes. He most likely won't come back to where I am anyway. I don't mind as he normally leaves me during the run anyway. It'll just be lonely in the corral waiting to start.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #716
Quiksilvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reep View Post
i) I don't know, but it probably would;

ii) This depends on your philosophy. Assuming you are on the boarder between the two, there is not much difference between being at the back of A v. the front of B. I would think the biggest advantage by far is that you would not need to worry about getting to the front of the corral. You could take your time, maybe warm up more, and just slip into the back--which would be great.

I would just try to avoid any temptation to move up to the front of A. Ideally you want to start the race relaxed with people of the same pace. If you get too far up you risk going out too fast (as 95% of most people do).

I would try to get into A for no other reason than not having to fight to get to the front of B.
Thank you. That's helpful advice. I think I will try to move up, and see if my time is enough. I am hypersensitive to the "going out too fast" issue, because I have done that in full marathons before and paid for it, so I won't try to get to the front of the pack in A (assuming I'm in A). It would be nice not to have to jockey with people to be in the front of the B group.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #717
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

I'm 7969 for the Marathon! Corral E
Old 12-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #718
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuzzBightyear View Post
Anyone know where I can find the times the different corrals are allowed to start?
Coach posted a link to the race program (pg 38) It doesn't list each corral's start, just the general start at 5:35. Last year, it looked like this.

Half:
5:30 a.m.  Wheelchair Start
5:35 a.m.  Wave 1 Start
5:41 a.m.  Wave 2 Start
5:47 a.m.  Wave 3 Start
5:53 a.m.  Wave 4 Start
5:59 a.m.  Wave 5 Start
6:05 a.m.  Wave 6 Start
6:11 a.m.  Wave 7 Start
6:17 a.m.  Wave 8 Start

Full:
5:30 a.m.  Wheelchair Start
5:35 a.m.  Wave 1 Start
5:39 a.m.  Wave 2 Start
5:43 a.m.  Wave 3 Start
5:47 a.m.  Wave 4 Start
5:51 a.m.  Wave 5 Start
5:55 a.m.  Wave 6 Start
5:59 a.m.  Wave 7 Start
6:03 a.m.  Wave 8 Start

Maura
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #719
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasgat

Coach posted a link to the race program (pg 38) It doesn't list each corral's start, just the general start at 5:35. Last year, it looked like this.

Half:
5:30 a.m. Wheelchair Start
5:35 a.m. Wave 1 Start
5:41 a.m. Wave 2 Start
5:47 a.m. Wave 3 Start
5:53 a.m. Wave 4 Start
5:59 a.m. Wave 5 Start
6:05 a.m. Wave 6 Start
6:11 a.m. Wave 7 Start
6:17 a.m. Wave 8 Start

Full:
5:30 a.m. Wheelchair Start
5:35 a.m. Wave 1 Start
5:39 a.m. Wave 2 Start
5:43 a.m. Wave 3 Start
5:47 a.m. Wave 4 Start
5:51 a.m. Wave 5 Start
5:55 a.m. Wave 6 Start
5:59 a.m. Wave 7 Start
6:03 a.m. Wave 8 Start

Maura
With photo ops, I should *God willing* be at the finish line by 12 PM. Then back to the room for an ice bath, a quick nap and then the Magic Kingdom for a picture with Mickey holding my medal!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #720
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Silly, but I think I may try to move up to Corral A, just so I can be with my daughter for the start of the half. Seems like people with 1:49 half got in A and I have a 1:48 to use.

Maura
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: