Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #451
wdwpluto
The TF looked all over but couldn't find the dollar under your pillow?? ;)
Ebay-ing our way to WDW
 
wdwpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: 30 minutes from the magic!
Posts: 1,064

So the good news is that the pain in my foot is probably not a stress fracture (though the doc said in some cases, they don't show on x-rays until 2-3 weeks, it's been 1 week). He thinks it's inflamed muscles in my foot from the 1/2 I did last weekend. So I'm on anti-inflammatory meds and no running for 10 days.

I'm assuming yoga is out since it's weight bearing, but what about the stationary bike? (I forgot to ask the doc) I don't have pool access unfortunately, so that's not an option right now.
__________________
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejardo de las puertas.
wdwpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #452
cewait
DIS Veteran
 
cewait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm
Posts: 5,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpluto View Post
So the good news is that the pain in my foot is probably not a stress fracture (though the doc said in some cases, they don't show on x-rays until 2-3 weeks, it's been 1 week). He thinks it's inflamed muscles in my foot from the 1/2 I did last weekend. So I'm on anti-inflammatory meds and no running for 10 days.

I'm assuming yoga is out since it's weight bearing, but what about the stationary bike? (I forgot to ask the doc) I don't have pool access unfortunately, so that's not an option right now.
That's great news. I would call the doc's staff and see what his orders are since he has seen your foot.
__________________
_________________
Coach Charles
Perfectly Goofy 2006-2014
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #453
Beast2Prince
Mouseketeer
 
Beast2Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Indiana
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post
That's funny that you said you can go the distance because I think that's the song that had the most votes.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
Need some help pertaining to the I Can Go the Distance song. There's a youtube video of last year's 1/2 marathon that has a more upbeat version of this song. However, I can't find this version anywhere for download. Does anyone know what version I am referring to and if it's out there anywhere? Thanks!
__________________
March 2000-ASMo * Sept 2001-CBR(honeymoon) * May 2003-CBR * May 2004-Pop Century * October 2006 - AKL * October 2007 - OKW
April 2008 - SSR * October 2009 - OKW * November 2010 - OKW * June 2012 - OKW * January 2013 - OKW - 1st Half Marathon
Beast2Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #454
wdwpluto
The TF looked all over but couldn't find the dollar under your pillow?? ;)
Ebay-ing our way to WDW
 
wdwpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: 30 minutes from the magic!
Posts: 1,064

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
That's great news. I would call the doc's staff and see what his orders are since he has seen your foot.
I'll try, but that's easier said that done with his office
__________________
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejardo de las puertas.
wdwpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #455
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran
 
PRmamiDEdos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Capital of the World!!
Posts: 2,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast2Prince

Need some help pertaining to the I Can Go the Distance song. There's a youtube video of last year's 1/2 marathon that has a more upbeat version of this song. However, I can't find this version anywhere for download. Does anyone know what version I am referring to and if it's out there anywhere? Thanks!
I know the movie version is a LITTLE more upbeat. The Michael Bolton version is slow and soft. Are you talking about a techno or club version?


------------------------

I found this online

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=y2Qn2...%3Dy2Qn2sZKphU

------------------/------

I think some Kingdom Hearts fans made songs and put them to KH videos. You can google Kingdom Hearts Go the Distance and you'll see a few videos. KH is my children's favorite game. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
__________________

Last edited by PRmamiDEdos; 12-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.
PRmamiDEdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #456
Beast2Prince
Mouseketeer
 
Beast2Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Indiana
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos

I know the movie version is a LITTLE more upbeat. The Michael Bolton version is slow and soft. Are you talking about a techno or club version?

------------------------

I found this online

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=y2Qn2...%3Dy2Qn2sZKphU

------------------/------

I think some Kingdom Hearts fans made songs and put them to KH videos. You can google Kingdom Hearts Go the Distance and you'll see a few videos. KH is my children's favorite game. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
If you watch the 2012 half marathon YouTube video by leehoedl you will hear the version I am referring to. Thanks!
__________________
March 2000-ASMo * Sept 2001-CBR(honeymoon) * May 2003-CBR * May 2004-Pop Century * October 2006 - AKL * October 2007 - OKW
April 2008 - SSR * October 2009 - OKW * November 2010 - OKW * June 2012 - OKW * January 2013 - OKW - 1st Half Marathon
Beast2Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #457
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran
 
PRmamiDEdos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Capital of the World!!
Posts: 2,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast2Prince

If you watch the 2012 half marathon YouTube video by leehoedl you will hear the version I am referring to. Thanks!
Go the Distance by Julie Griffin. It's on the Mousercise album. I found it on iTunes.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos. I gotta say, the song Mickey's Workout on the same album is a real fist pumper LOL
__________________
PRmamiDEdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #458
Beast2Prince
Mouseketeer
 
Beast2Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Indiana
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos

Go the Distance by Julie Griffin. It's on the Mousercise album. I found it on iTunes.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
That's the one! Thanks!
__________________
March 2000-ASMo * Sept 2001-CBR(honeymoon) * May 2003-CBR * May 2004-Pop Century * October 2006 - AKL * October 2007 - OKW
April 2008 - SSR * October 2009 - OKW * November 2010 - OKW * June 2012 - OKW * January 2013 - OKW - 1st Half Marathon
Beast2Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #459
jmasgat
DIS Veteran
 
jmasgat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpluto View Post
So the good news is that the pain in my foot is probably not a stress fracture (though the doc said in some cases, they don't show on x-rays until 2-3 weeks, it's been 1 week). He thinks it's inflamed muscles in my foot from the 1/2 I did last weekend. So I'm on anti-inflammatory meds and no running for 10 days.

I'm assuming yoga is out since it's weight bearing, but what about the stationary bike? (I forgot to ask the doc) I don't have pool access unfortunately, so that's not an option right now.
When I had my metatarsal SF, I was allowed to do stationary bike as long as it didn't hurt my foot. With a spin shoe, my foot was stiff/immobile enough that I could pedal, just no spin class jumps, etc.

I actually did some yoga keeping my weight off my foot when possible, although after awhile I just decided it wasn't worth it.

Maura
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #460
wdwpluto
The TF looked all over but couldn't find the dollar under your pillow?? ;)
Ebay-ing our way to WDW
 
wdwpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: 30 minutes from the magic!
Posts: 1,064

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasgat View Post
When I had my metatarsal SF, I was allowed to do stationary bike as long as it didn't hurt my foot. With a spin shoe, my foot was stiff/immobile enough that I could pedal, just no spin class jumps, etc.

I actually did some yoga keeping my weight off my foot when possible, although after awhile I just decided it wasn't worth it.

Maura
Good to know! I think yoga would be too frustrating, though I'll probably do some light, non-weight bearing poses at home. Waiting on a call back from the doc, but if I don't hear, I'll probably give it a week and test it out on the bike. (No spin classes, just a boring ol' bike in my apt. complex gym.) Thanks for sharing your experience!
__________________
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejardo de las puertas.
wdwpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #461
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran
 
PRmamiDEdos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Capital of the World!!
Posts: 2,446



It's official.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
__________________
PRmamiDEdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #462
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post


It's official.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
Lets hope they can remix a more upbeat version..
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #463
lerxst
Marathoner
 
lerxst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 180

wow...go away for a couple weeks and the original thread just disappears. Oh, wait...part2.

Reading through everything to catch up.

I am also a walking Zomibe. Fatigued as can be. Seem to be eating everything I can get my hands on (luckily no weight gain).

Finished 20 miler yesterday morning...was jazzed. Will do 12 mile this coming, but schedule calls for another 20 following weekend.

Trying to decide if I should just rest and recoop or just charge forward with schedule. That 20 miler is the last super duper long run....

Not decided.

See ya all in a few weeks!!!
__________________
Lerxst

Disney 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- Done!
Disney 2013 20th Anniversary Marathon -- Done!
2013 Gate River Run 15k -- March 9, 2013
Disney 2013 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- waiting reg
Disney 2014 Goofy and 1/2 Challenge -- waiting reg
lerxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #464
rocio
DIS Veteran
 
rocio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 537

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post


It's official.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
*snooze* I don't know the song is okay, but to pump me up to get ready to run 26 miles?!?! Not so much.
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #465
belle2211
DIS Veteran
 
belle2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Right behind the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 1,901

So I went to my regular doctor last Thursday. She gave me a prescription for meloxicam and a referral for a orthopedic group. She said that I should be able to run next Saturday's 5k, just not to run more than that.

The group had a bunch of locations and offices and I didn't know which one would be best so I just called one and told them I had a knee injury from running and would like to see the doctor that could best help me. The lady was so unhelpful. She kept saying that there are a bunch of doctors that could help me. I finally just said for her to pick one and didn't talk anymore. So she gave me the name of the doctor and the first appt available is this coming Friday (right before my 5k). I didn't feel too comfortable about the likelyhood of this being a great doctor so I looked him up online. Well, he went to pre-med, Med school, and did his residency at the University of Florida (I am a die hard Gator and know they have an awesome school so this made me feel better). Plus he's the Team physician for the University of Central Florida, Assistant team physician for the Orlando Magic, and Physician for the Orlando Ballet. So I feel a lot better about him!

I talked to my brother's girlfriend too who is an orthopedic surgeon. I told her where it was hurting and how and she said while she can't definitely say since she didn't examine me, it sounds like Patello-Femoral Syndrome (which I looked up and is Runner's Knee). She described 2 excersizes to do. So we'll see if it turns out to be that. I just want to run again but I'm scared at the same time.

IF I run the 5k this weekend and feel okay (doubt it since my knee hurts during stairs and bending down and other random times...can't imagine the running will feel good) but if it does, what should I do for my weekend runs? Do the 5k, then 6 miles, then 9 miles, then taper back? That doesn't take me near the 13 miles
belle2211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: