Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #2731
lerxst
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus

Me too! Just registered today!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I registered back when registration first opened at the urging of a bunch of coworkers. As of this week, i am coming off a marathon finish and they havent even started training. Well, a couple can struggle through a 5k. I mighf be going it alone.

At least it gives me something to focus on. 2012 was about finishes, 2013 is about increasing speed and improving time.

Disney 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- Done!
Disney 2013 20th Anniversary Marathon -- Done!
2013 Gate River Run 15k -- March 9, 2013
Disney 2013 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- waiting reg
Disney 2014 Goofy and 1/2 Challenge -- waiting reg
lerxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #2732
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst

I registered back when registration first opened at the urging of a bunch of coworkers. As of this week, i am coming off a marathon finish and they havent even started training. Well, a couple can struggle through a 5k. I mighf be going it alone.

At least it gives me something to focus on. 2012 was about finishes, 2013 is about increasing speed and improving time.
Are you seeded? I had a bad running year so I am green AGAIN! One year I will make it into the red corral!
I am trying for a top 10% finishers hat this year. I just missed it last year and desperately want one this year. Fingers crossed.

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #2733
lerxst
Marathoner

Quote:

Are you seeded? I had a bad running year so I am green AGAIN! One year I will make it into the red corral!
I am trying for a top 10% finishers hat this year. I just missed it last year and desperately want one this year. Fingers crossed.

Me seeded. No way. I will be with the 10 - 11 mpm group.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #2734
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst

Me seeded. No way. I will be with the 10 - 11 mpm group.
You could be seeded! I think up to 12mpm is seeded. If you have a time call first place sports and get in a corral!! Unseeded is a nightmare at the Gate. All you need is 5k or more race in the past year with a chip time.

2013 Race Schedule:
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Space Coast Marathon

Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #2735
lerxst
Marathoner

Quote:

You could be seeded! I think up to 12mpm is seeded. If you have a time call first place sports and get in a corral!! Unseeded is a nightmare at the Gate. All you need is 5k or more race in the past year with a chip time.

Oh yeah, i forgot they were doing that. I checked again and am in the grey corral. 10 -11 mpm group...which is the second to go out.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #2736
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qltrgrl2 View Post
Where did you find these averages? I can only find my individual times for each race in the Goofy Challenge results. I am in the 55-59 age category and my total time was 7:19.01 It was super hot for the marathon and the humidity did not help either day.
I downloaded the Goofy results in a spreadsheet and ran an average.
I am working on the half and full now and will hopefully have something up in a few days that you can download.
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #2737
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHomer View Post
I downloaded the Goofy results in a spreadsheet and ran an average.
I am working on the half and full now and will hopefully have something up in a few days that you can download.
Ahhh....makes sense, because that is not available anywhere. Thanks, will look forward to the averages for the other races too.
Qltrgrl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #2738
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
I am running Gate River run in Jax.
I've heard this a great race- one of the largest 15Ks- was going to do this but I have tickets to see Wicked at the Bob Carr in Orlando for the same day.
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #2739
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Amy, DO IT!!!! Last year's princess was my first half and I have done 3 others since then. The marathon this year was my first ever and it was AWESOME!!! Such a great race. Disney is by far the best place to do your first marathon, IMHO. My best half time is 2:29. As long as you can committ to the long training runs. I finished the full in 7:03. A bit slower than I had planned but I definitely slowed down with the heat, and did stop to ride Everest! Where else can you hop on a roller coaster in the middle of a marthon. Princess half is awesome and the full is just as awesome! I'm already thinking about Goofy next year. My biggest problem is my bank account. I really need to win the lottery!

And I'm going to sign up for the New Jersey Marathon this May! I figure I'm already trained, just need to maintain.
I ran the Disney full last week having only ever run 2- 1/2s the princess 2012 and the Wine n Dine in 2012- If I can do it you can do it- corral placement is key if you want to enjoy picture stops- I am heavily considering going Goofy for 2015! I am plannning to do a few more 1/2s this year as well-
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #2740
becca474
Earning My Ears

Hi guys, lurker here. I just wanted to thank you for all of your (unknown) help.

I ran Goofy for the first time this year, and the Full was my first Marathon. To say I was nervous was an understatement but I really appreciated all of the tips and tricks you all shared. It was nice to know I wasn't alone! Running the marathon was an awesome experience. I'm not sure if I'll do another, though I have to admit, the temptation to try again to see how I do without a Half the day before and in lower temperatures is definitely there. Just not sure if I want to go through all the training again quite yet.

I also had a question. I am seriously kicking myself for not buying a short-sleeved marathon tech tee now. I guess I didn't want to jinx myself. Anyhow, I'm stalking ebay like crazy but also wanted to find out if you know if World of Disney was willing to ship things? I called their number today but it said they were closed (which was odd), but I'll try again tomorrow. But I figured you guys may be more seasoned than me at this stuff. I'm in Pennsylvania so it would be hard for me to get down there anytime soon to buy one in person.
becca474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #2741
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA
I've heard this a great race- one of the largest 15Ks- was going to do this but I have tickets to see Wicked at the Bob Carr in Orlando for the same day.
It is a great race, it is the US championships so it is the largest 15K in the US. It has a great expo, a fun kids 1 mile run, beer, lots of fun!

2013 Race Schedule:
Space Coast Marathon

Old 01-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #2742
lerxst
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus View Post
It is a great race, it is the US championships so it is the largest 15K in the US. It has a great expo, a fun kids 1 mile run, beer, lots of fun!

Will be my first go around. I started running years ago just so I could run the race. Some how, I have always been sick or injured every year.

So far so good.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #2743
robynslp
Mouseketeer

I am feeling the post race let down now. I need to find a new goal race. I could say its only January and I did my goal race.

I wish Disney was in my future but the finances aren't there for a few more years.

Has anyone seen/heard from Coach?
robynslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #2744
Tabetha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca474 View Post
Hi guys, lurker here. I just wanted to thank you for all of your (unknown) help.

I ran Goofy for the first time this year, and the Full was my first Marathon. To say I was nervous was an understatement but I really appreciated all of the tips and tricks you all shared. It was nice to know I wasn't alone! Running the marathon was an awesome experience. I'm not sure if I'll do another, though I have to admit, the temptation to try again to see how I do without a Half the day before and in lower temperatures is definitely there. Just not sure if I want to go through all the training again quite yet.

I also had a question. I am seriously kicking myself for not buying a short-sleeved marathon tech tee now. I guess I didn't want to jinx myself. Anyhow, I'm stalking ebay like crazy but also wanted to find out if you know if World of Disney was willing to ship things? I called their number today but it said they were closed (which was odd), but I'll try again tomorrow. But I figured you guys may be more seasoned than me at this stuff. I'm in Pennsylvania so it would be hard for me to get down there anytime soon to buy one in person.
Yeah WWoS isn't super easy to get ahold of. Alternately, you can try emailing them...
Something you can also do is google the numbers for Character Warehouse - the outlet that gets all the Disney leftovers. They had some Marathon Weekend stuff in stock last year when we were down there for the Princess, so they should be getting stuff fairly soon. They will ship.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #2745
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

Team Mickey at Downtown Disney has some race stuff leftover - but not much. I was able to get a Donald 1/2 marathon keychain (looks similar to the medal) and a Goofy "I did it!" shirt.
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: