Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #2311
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Hey Colleen, what time will you be at the Expo? I hope to be there in the early afternoon. Have to work a few hours in the am?de01. Where r u folks staying? I'm at the Poly just for tonite.

Cindy
Hi Cindy! We should be at the expo early after noon. Our flight gets in at 11. Look for me. I'll be wearing a blue PbRC shirt and carrying LOTS of Disney merchandise!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #2312
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG

Hi Cindy! We should be at the expo early after noon. Our flight gets in at 11. Look for me. I'll be wearing a blue PbRC shirt and carrying LOTS of Disney merchandise!
Okeeedokee, sounds good and have a safe flight. Might warm down here!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #2313
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Well, the day is here. All packed and leaving for the airport soon. We arrive in MCO just before 11.

If's been fun. Training kind of sucked as injuries came and came again. The weather will be great for my crew, not so good for the runners. Neither of these are controllable. So once I cross the gates this morning it is all smiles. On race days, I can control speed, hydration and attitude. Attitude is the easiest by far since this is the happiest place on earth. Speed, not so easy to control, I am a dog chasing the car runner. If there is someone in front of me I can follow for a few moments but then feel the urge to pass. THat is controllable to some degree but its a fight.

FOR YOU NEWBY Runners.

I DARE you not to be teary eyed a little as you run in Magic Kingdom. You will NOT hold it completely together. There will be a song, a memory, a thought that will catch you.

In the half, it's a little tough the last three miles, but you crossed the same hill at mile 1. Remember, that they only feel steep at the end.

In the full, I am betting that there is a point in the DHS through Space Ship Earth stretch that catches your emotions again. There is something once you realize that you could almost crawl the rest of the race that makes you well up a little. For many its the sight on SpaceShip Earth. You will see it a few times as you loop the World Showcase then all of a sudden you are HOME

As you hit Space SHip Earth in both races... It's time for the finish sprint. Not too fast here as you have a quarter mile to go. You want to meter you energy so you can strongly run the finish chute.

As both races pass back stage at the end, give a smile and draw energy from the Gospel Choir hiding there with .15 miles left. You are home.

Once you pass out of the park you have a jig and a jog then you see the line. You can start to amp up the speed it's still a tenth of a mile so while tempting to sprint, you have a ways to go. Run strong, Run with your head up. Fist pump the crowd. As you approach the line, head up SMILE and leave your Garmin ALONE until after you pass the photographers.

You final emotional moment will come as you well deserved medal is hung around your neck. That small moment of communion is a very special thing that you simply cannot describe or share with anyone else.

RUn Strong
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #2314
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Thanks, Coach - I'm welling up just reading your descriptions of the tear-up points. I think this will be like seeing MK for the first time - through new eyes, for sure.

We're at the airport now & should be at MCO around 9. Let the fun begin!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #2315
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
I'm feeling defeated. Went to a chiropractor today to have him check out my knee-he thinks I have a tear in my meniscus. Urgh!!! All this training and now I'm not sure I'll be able to finish. Wondering if I should just walk the whole thing (I usually do about 1/2 and 1/2), but then I really risk getting swept. But would my knee start hurting anyway?! Or try to run and get as far as I can in a short amt of time, and then hobble thru the rest??? Needing to vent....
Not sure if this is what you want to hear but JUST DO IT! Walk and take picture breaks. You might get further than you think! JMO. If you get swept.....at least you will have a little bit of fun.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #2316
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

I am so jealous of you guys that are already there. We can't leave until Saturday early morning (like 1am). Hopefully we will get there by lunch time. Unfortunately I will be the one driving but I rarely get more than 4 hours of sleep on any given night so it should be fine. Have fun everyone!

Last night I had my first running dream where I actually remembered my bib. I was late to my corral but I actually made the start! I am assuming my dream change came from my change in attitude about the race. It is more about fun for me than finishing now.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #2317
FFigawi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHomer View Post
Just saw that La Cava Del Tequila has special margarita pricing for twitter followers on Mondays. Great timing on the DATW for Monday. Dragging me out of their is going to be harder than the marathon.
That's our last stop, so there's no need to go anywhere after that if you don't want to.

John
FFigawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #2318
jyssilly
Earning My Ears

Wow, thanks for that amazing encouraging description. This is my first disney run and first race ever so I am both anxious and excited!!
I can't wait to see the MK in the wee hours. I am sure I will be floored!
Safe travels everyone!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #2319
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Here it is, time to get the family up am head down!! So excited going to the expo first thing so if anyone else is there, I'll see you!

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #2320
tedhowe
Dad to Grace and Joy

Totaled almost 10 miles of walking yesterday at MK.

Getting out for a short 2 mile run in a few minutes and then (after a shower) heading over to the expo.

Can't wait!
5K PR: 29:16 11/22/2012
HM PR: 2:28:15 11/18/12

In Training for my first full marathon: Philadelphia 11/23/2014
tedhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #2321
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Just about to start the drive to WDW for the expo and check in! Hoping traffic and fog won't be too bad. See y'all soon!

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #2322
Terapin
DIS Veteran

My sister and I leave from Buffalo tonight at 6pm! So excited! We're checking into AKL and then early to bed. Expo first thing Friday morning. I can't believe it is here....

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #2323
jakespop
Proud DVC Owners

Since this is Disney, I really want to take my phone for pictures. I don't want to carry it so considering picking up a belt or something at the Expo. Could also use to hold my gels. Haven't run with one before, will it screw me up or should i ditch the idea?
jakespop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #2324
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer

Coach, not sure that I will have to wait until I am actually running through MK for tears to well up...it seems that all I have to do is read/think about the event and I am tearing up already....

On that note... Please everyone just ignore the HOT MESS that is running through MK on Sunday morning dressed in blue & purple.. It's just me and everything is FINE (at least physically) You can ask me questions if you like, but then I'll probably just start laughing and you'll only think that something more serious is wrong. It is best to just Ignore.

Anyways, we leave bright and early tomorrow morning (we can't leave tonight due to DBF's work schedule) but will still have plenty of time to visit the Expo and get to our TNT Inspiration Dinner. WOO HOO

Safe travels to everyone, can't wait!

Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #2325
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespop
Since this is Disney, I really want to take my phone for pictures. I don't want to carry it so considering picking up a belt or something at the Expo. Could also use to hold my gels. Haven't run with one before, will it screw me up or should i ditch the idea?
I've run with my phone before and it's fine. Bring the phone to the expo and try it in the belt. Jump, bounce, jog in place to test it out to make sure it doesn't annoy you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: