Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #2221
Freight Train
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
Reading all the last min posts has me so excited for everyone. I really want to train for a full next year but I haven't figured out how to work in a WDW trip in the middle of hunting season.

Is it too ambitious to run a full when I won't have been running more than a year and a half?
I'm counting (Goofy style) on it not being too ambitious... Wish me luck!
Freight Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #2222
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight Train

I'm counting (Goofy style) on it not being too ambitious... Wish me luck!
Here's luck and pixie dust
I can't wait for your post race report
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #2223
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0808
Do most of you check a bag or not?

I am debating. I will be carrying pretty much everything I need in my fuel belt (sport beans, phone, room key, money).

I could pack sandals and perhaps a change of clothes, at least shirt, but if bag check/check-out adds a lot of time before or after the race, I might skip it in favor of sleeping longer and getting back to the hotel sooner.
I check a bag. I do not find that it adds any time at all to my routine and it allows me to be more flexible in what I bring to the start. Plus I can then have shoes and dry socks to change into at the finish which is very important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #2224
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Reading all the last min posts has me so excited for everyone. I really want to train for a full next year but I haven't figured out how to work in a WDW trip in the middle of hunting season.

Is it too ambitious to run a full when I won't have been running more than a year and a half?
Not at all...just take your time to build up. My first race was Minnie 15k in May 2008 and I did the full in January 2010 (at 51 yrs)

Maura
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #2225
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:

Many runners run a marathon within a year of starting to run. You will be more than ready
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #2226
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone and I hope you have a blast!!!

I wish I was there with you but finances were a Queen B this year. Hopefully I will make it to a race next year.

Can't wait to hear all the deets when you get back!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #2227
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

If you could have one thing (within reason - like don't say, Ryan Hall's speed) ready for you at mile 20 of the marathon, what would you request?

For me, an ice cold 12oz can of fully carbonated coca-cola. I don't think I would drink the entire thing, but man I would probably pay $5 an ounce. I have pondered the option of stopping at McDonalds, just don't know if I would pull the trigger.

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #2228
rocio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
If you could have one thing (within reason - like don't say, Ryan Hall's speed) ready for you at mile 20 of the marathon, what would you request?

For me, an ice cold 12oz can of fully carbonated coca-cola. I don't think I would drink the entire thing, but man I would probably pay $5 an ounce. I have pondered the option of stopping at McDonalds, just don't know if I would pull the trigger.
The finish line!
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #2229
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As previously discussed, a Segway for the last 6.2 miles, LOL.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #2230
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocio View Post
The finish line!
Imagine if we get to mile 20 and they say SURPRISE!!! YOU'RE DONE!!! How awesome would that be!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #2231
rocio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post
As previously discussed, a Segway for the last 6.2 miles, LOL.
*Like*
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #2232
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer

Quote:

One of my favorite bands performing live.. someone like Maroon5.
Something like that would probably distract me for another 6 miles, I wouldn't be able to have anything at mile 20 that would make me stop...otherwise I'd never start up again!

Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #2233
steph0808
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have had thoughts of Jon Bon Jovi handing me a piece of chocolate cake with whipped cream icing. I don't know which would be yummier.....at mile 20, probably the cake!

I am hoping something big to pump me up for those last 6.2 miles - live band, lots of characters, big celebration, food, etc.
5k PR - 25:52
10k PR - 56:31
Half Marathon PR - 1:58:59
Marathon PR - 6:42:53
steph0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #2234
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:

I would think harder about the McF stop on the old course. It really depends on timing and actually more about how zoned I am. I tend to not see much on the road once I settle in. For example, I have never seen the old bicycles as we pass under the bridge heading into TTC. I understand they have been there for 4-5 years.

I think I would ask for a nice dry set of clothes and specifically shoes and socks. I like the idea of a coke, but it would need to be flattened else a sonic boom belch would soon occur.

Wait a minute! Can you buy a McF while breakfast is being served? I'll be passing in the pre-9 timeframe. Hmmmm.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #2235
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

I forgot about this mile 20 business. Well the anticipation may help the long boring stretch of road leading up to it anyway. One can hope. I'm thinking I won't really care at that time.....

Finally had my first marathon dream last night, as many of you already shared! I was running with my 8 year old daughter, who's not even a runner. My 10 year old is! We were getting off a ride, I think Animal Kingdom (old course) because I had 10 more miles to go and 1 hour left till the 7 hour cut-off, and she decided she was done. Not gonna finish, just giving up. So I left her with my parents and I thought I could still finish. I actually did the math, remembering that with me being in corral D, I actually had a 28 minute cushion. So I took off running thinking I could do 10 miles in 1 hour 28 minutes. I'm about an 11-12 min mile runner!! Not gonna happen. But I was thinking to myself, darn it, I trained for so long and so hard I'm not gonna give up. Otherwise I'd have to go through this training again because I will get that Goofy medal. Oh yes, I will. And I soooo don't wanna do this training again!!!

Silly dream. I guess I'm determined.

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: