Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #2191
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

Also the water stations are naked on the road and are being prepped. It's more and more real everytime ya travel the roads around the park.

And each time I go past the McDonalds by Animal kingdom I think, hmmmm, a McFlurry would be good by then in the full. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #2192
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

fftopic complaint
Holy cow...the makeup work the DDs have to do to take a few days off is insane! We will be the family doing a math lesson while waiting in line for Test Track!

Ok thanks for listening to my whining...back to running!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #2193
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Last work day for me too. My flight from DC leaves at 7am tomorrow. Last night I packed my carryon (running bag). Tonight is packing everything else.

Quick question though - I've never stayed in a DVC room before. Do they have toiletries?
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #2194
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
Last work day for me too. My flight from DC leaves at 7am tomorrow. Last night I packed my carryon (running bag). Tonight is packing everything else.

Quick question though - I've never stayed in a DVC room before. Do they have toiletries?
Yes, but they won't be replaced if you run out. Depended on how long you are staying though, they won't get you new towels or change your sheets. If you are staying in a 1 bedroom or larger there is a washing machine in your room though. If you are in a studio then there will be a free washers and dryers on one of the floors.
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #2195
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHomer View Post
Yes, but they won't be replaced if you run out. Depended on how long you are staying though, they won't get you new towels or change your sheets. If you are staying in a 1 bedroom or larger there is a washing machine in your room though. If you are in a studio then there will be a free washers and dryers on one of the floors.
We are there Thur - Monday so I plan on getting a full housekeeping done on Saturday. I should bring extra shampoo and conditioner just in case. Thanks.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #2196
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post

Quote:
Let me modify just a little.

Unless this has changed in the last couple years, if you are staying on a revenue reservation (i.e. paying cash to Disney) you get a room refresh every day just like a regular resort. Staying on points (own or renting from a DVC member)you are have a restricted maid service. On points you get new towels and toiletries on the 4th day and a complete cleaning on the 7th.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #2197
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

I saw this on another thread and wasn't sure if it had been posted on here yet.

Spectator viewing areas -

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...spectator-tool

Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #2198
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
fftopic complaint
Holy cow...the makeup work the DDs have to do to take a few days off is insane! We will be the family doing a math lesson while waiting in line for Test Track!

Ok thanks for listening to my whining...back to running!
We left out DD at home during her senior year due to the load and the ability to escape finals based on absentee days.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #2199
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
I saw this on another thread and wasn't sure if it had been posted on here yet.

Spectator viewing areas -

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...spectator-tool
WARNING !!!!!!

Warning, this is for LAST YEAR'S marathon. It will work for the half only
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #2200
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg148 View Post
Almost finished with my costume. Was originally going for the magic carpet, until I got the blue skirt and it didn't match. Many failed sewing attempts (and the rise in temperature) later, I thought this might be a good option!

I have never worn a visor when running, but I saw some people in this thread recommending a visor instead of a hat due to the heat. Worst case I'll give the visor to one of my spectators, hold it or worst case toss it if I can't take it.

Love it!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #2201
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Let me modify just a little.

Unless this has changed in the last couple years, if you are staying on a revenue reservation (i.e. paying cash to Disney) you get a room refresh every day just like a regular resort. Staying on points (own or renting from a DVC member)you are have a restricted maid service. On points you get new towels and toiletries on the 4th day and a complete cleaning on the 7th.
Sorry Coach, you are correct. I didn't even think about paying with cash. I forgot you could do that.
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #2202
steph0808
Mouseketeer

Do most of you check a bag or not?

I am debating. I will be carrying pretty much everything I need in my fuel belt (sport beans, phone, room key, money).

I could pack sandals and perhaps a change of clothes, at least shirt, but if bag check/check-out adds a lot of time before or after the race, I might skip it in favor of sleeping longer and getting back to the hotel sooner.
5k PR - 25:52
10k PR - 56:31
Half Marathon PR - 1:58:59
Marathon PR - 6:42:53
steph0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #2203
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Reading all the last min posts has me so excited for everyone. I really want to train for a full next year but I haven't figured out how to work in a WDW trip in the middle of hunting season.

Is it too ambitious to run a full when I won't have been running more than a year and a half?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #2204
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry Coach, you are correct. I didn't even think about paying with cash. I forgot you could do that.
You answering first was the only reason I remembered. If I had answered first, I would have been close to your answer since I have never stayed in a DVC under a revenue reservation.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #2205
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
Reading all the last min posts has me so excited for everyone. I really want to train for a full next year but I haven't figured out how to work in a WDW trip in the middle of hunting season.

Is it too ambitious to run a full when I won't have been running more than a year and a half?
IMO totally doable!!! I started running at 40 (5 years ago) and at 18 months I ran my first full!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: