Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #2101
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

I'm having a shoulder/neck issue for the last few days. I don't know what I did and if perhaps I slept on it wrong or what. Now it is constantly sore on my right shoulder blade and up my neck and now today my right arm is sore. I get this everyone once in a while and someone mentioned it might be lactic acid buildup? I've tried ice, massage, Tylenol and various things which are never a quick fix but I need it to be better by Saturday (preferrably asap). Does anyone have any suggestions I can try? Would a heating pad help?

Other than that I'm ready to get 'er done!!

Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #2102
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

As folks may recall, I posted that I had a possible job interview in our Orlando area office. I posted after the hiring supervisor and I had a great conversation concerning his thoughts about a fairly senior level employee posting for the position. Well, we were caught be a few end of the year delays and I had received no news.

I phoned yesterday to see if it would be appropriate to have an additional conversation since I am in the area this week. He indicated that he was going to phone later in the week as ask if I could come over… great minds think alike. I offered up Friday and Monday as better days. He has a full day meeting Friday but said that was his preferred day. I asked if he was sure… on Monday, he could laugh at me in my post marathon condition. We meet during lunch on Friday.

Thanks for all the well wishes! We will let all know
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #2103
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmeisje View Post
Another Expo question. If I'm also picking up the Chear Packages for my husband and daughters, where do I g for that? And I have the waivers and authorization forms all figured out. So Ive done that.

Also -- if we signed up for Race Retreat -- is that also a separate line?

Thanks again...newbie here!
Diane
You have a separate line for each all in HP.... Oh don't forget your Bib.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #2104
njmeisje
Mouseketeer

thanks Coach!

And all positive thoughts for Friday! All the best to you for the meeting!

Diane
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #2105
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
I'm having a shoulder/neck issue for the last few days. I don't know what I did and if perhaps I slept on it wrong or what. Now it is constantly sore on my right shoulder blade and up my neck and now today my right arm is sore. I get this everyone once in a while and someone mentioned it might be lactic acid buildup? I've tried ice, massage, Tylenol and various things which are never a quick fix but I need it to be better by Saturday (preferrably asap). Does anyone have any suggestions I can try? Would a heating pad help?

Thinking more stress. Lactic acid would normally affect the area of muscle use. Heat seems to be the appropriate treatment. I would also consider a NSAID, but that is your call. Also, going out for a short run may help alleviate some of the stressful feelings.

Have you ever seen a doc since it has occurred in the past?
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #2106
steph0808
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post

As folks may recall, I posted that I had a possible job interview in our Orlando area office. I posted after the hiring supervisor and I had a great conversation concerning his thoughts about a fairly senior level employee posting for the position. Well, we were caught be a few end of the year delays and I had received no news.

I phoned yesterday to see if it would be appropriate to have an additional conversation since I am in the area this week. He indicated that he was going to phone later in the week as ask if I could come over… great minds think alike. I offered up Friday and Monday as better days. He has a full day meeting Friday but said that was his preferred day. I asked if he was sure… on Monday, he could laugh at me in my post marathon condition. We meet during lunch on Friday.

Good luck Coach!! I hope it goes well!
5k PR - 25:52
10k PR - 56:31
Half Marathon PR - 1:58:59
Marathon PR - 6:42:53
steph0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #2107
ironz
could always use some pixie dust

I've never had an issue flying with powdered sports drinks, either domestic or internationally. Not even a second look, though I wouldn't be surprised if that ever happened. TSA is there for guns, weapons, and explosive devices...they are not there to bust people for drugs. (not that they haven't, but that is not their job description)

Gels...I've posted it before....if you carry them on, they are "supposed to be" in your 3-1-1 baggie, per the TSA regs on gels, liquids and aerosols. But Charles has reported that he has not had a problem with them outside of the baggies. Just FYI.

As for traditional food...my only tradition for the WDW races is that I will have a margarita at Epcot on Sunday afternoon! Hopefully, with my friend DumboBuddy! Have done this since 2000. Pre-race...prob chicken and rice or pasta, but nothing too heavy.

Need to pack...

"The miles aren't going to run themselves."

ironz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #2108
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Good luck with the meeting!

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2012 Inaugural Canton 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Ohio 2 Warrior Dash, 2012 Air Force Half Marathon, 2012 Wine & Dine, 2013 Goofy Challenge,Dumbo Double Dare 2013,Dopey Challenge 2014
Haas4Concern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #2109
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

Quote:
Thinking more stress. Lactic acid would normally affect the area of muscle use. Heat seems to be the appropriate treatment. I would also consider a NSAID, but that is your call. Also, going out for a short run may help alleviate some of the stressful feelings.

Have you ever seen a doc since it has occurred in the past?
No I haven't been to a doctor. It's been on both sides of my back so I'm not sure how to treat it. It could be stress because I haven't run as much as I would have liked this winter so I don't feel as prepared as I was for the 1/2 I did in November. I've been trying not to use nsaids and just try tylenol. So you think I should switch? I'll try a run tonight and see how I feel. Thanks Coach and good luck Friday!

Last edited by Weluvdisny; 01-08-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #2110
KRuns
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to share something my physio said to me yesterday - a reassurance to anyone who is stressing over missing runs due to soreness or sickness or schedules:

There is nothing you can do now that will increase your fitness for the weekend - the hard work is over. So trust your training and any previous base you have built up, and enjoy the rest
KRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #2111
Wandacga
Earning My Ears

Good luck on Friday coach. And to everyone else for the weekend. Is anyone else freaking out about getting sick? Seems like everywhere I go people either have had the flu, people in their house have had it or have it now. It's hard to put yourself in a bubble. Just one more thing to add to the nerves. There are things that I will be sad about next week, but the nervousness is not one of them!
Wandacga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #2112
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandacga
Good luck on Friday coach. And to everyone else for the weekend. Is anyone else freaking out about getting sick? Seems like everywhere I go people either have had the flu, people in their house have had it or have it now. It's hard to put yourself in a bubble. Just one more thing to add to the nerves. There are things that I will be sad about next week, but the nervousness is not one of them!
I am. Im pumped full of vitamins and Airborne and I doubled down on the fruits and veggies this week. The flu is going around at work so ive become a recluse.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2012 Inaugural Canton 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Ohio 2 Warrior Dash, 2012 Air Force Half Marathon, 2012 Wine & Dine, 2013 Goofy Challenge,Dumbo Double Dare 2013,Dopey Challenge 2014
Haas4Concern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #2113
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haas4Concern View Post
I am. Im pumped full of vitamins and Airborne and I doubled down on the fruits and veggies this week. The flu is going around at work so ive become a recluse.
Same here. I'm lucky I work in the warehouse because it's been going around the front office. I refuse to go up front, LOL.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #2114
Freight Train
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandacga View Post
First let me add my voice to the chorus of support for Coach. All the best to you at the interview!!!

You're not alone. I work in a courthouse. Yeah. I'm also 3 weeks removed from hardcore influenza. Yeah.

I've taken a little bottle of antibacterial goo with me everywhere this week. I'm not close to a germophobe, but I'm taking no chances right now. And if what I'm doing would be pointless, don't tell me! I need my placebo effect at least!!!

As Tom Hanks said in Apollo 13, "The world's getting awfully big in the window."

Hang in there everyone!
Freight Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #2115
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post

I've gotten neck/shoulder stuff from time to time from sleeping funny (the worst were the couple of times I wasn't able to turn my head at all). Heat helped the most - heating pad, hot shower, etc. I hope you feel better!

Quote:

GOOD LUCK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandacga View Post
Freaking out, no...a little nervous though. I work in a hospital and am just trying to get enough sleep, eat well, take my vitamin, drink lots of water and wash my hands a lot. Can't do much more than that.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: