Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #2086
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernRDH View Post
Couple quick questions for those who may know:

1) Can you get salt tablets at the expo? I too am a heavy sweater, have not used them before but would rather have some "just in case". My coach will be with me, I know he has used them before.

2) Anyone know TSA regs on powders? I use Cytomax (Powerade/Gatorade = GI issues) and I have the HUGE tub of powder. Was planning to put what I needed into a zip bag and take it in my carry on, but curious if it will be an issue.

So excited, only 2 more wake ups and we are on the plane!!
1) I would not count on it. Track Shack may have it at the expo, but it may also disappear since it is not a usually brisk seller.

2) A baggie of powder should not be an issue since it is not a liquids, aerosol or gel. From experience, double bag it. Be prepared to discuss with the agents if they get curious.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #2087
MightyDuck001
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the cab fare from Riverside to Saratoga Springs? I need to pick up my 5k bib after I get there and it'll be about 12:00 at night so I don't feel like waiting on a bus and I think the boat stops around 11...

And anyone who's there, what's the wait like for test track? still have the single rider line?
MightyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #2088
KSBelle77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait

1) I would not count on it. Track Shack may have it at the expo, but it may also disappear since it is not a usually brisk seller.

2) A baggie of powder should not be an issue since it is not a liquids, aerosol or gel. From experience, double bag it. Be prepared to discuss with the agents if they get curious.
I carried on a huge container of coffee cronies before , no trouble, and I was flying international.
2012 - 1st Half Marathon, Disney Princess
2012 - Birthday trip and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
2013 - 1st Disney Marathon
2013 - 1st Trip to Disneyland, Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, Dumbo Dare Challenge
2015 - 1st Dopey Challenge, 2nd Disney Marathon
2015 - Law School Graduation, KS Bar Exam
2015 - 1st Disney Cruise, Fantasy
KSBelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #2089
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle77 View Post
I carried on a huge container of coffee cronies before , no trouble, and I was flying international.
All I was saying was that even though it fits the rules, I have had much less threatening things looked at. I think the guy behind the x-ray machine gets board. Don't be surprised if a baggie of powder gets looked at.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #2090
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDuck001 View Post
Does anyone know the cab fare from Riverside to Saratoga Springs? I need to pick up my 5k bib after I get there and it'll be about 12:00 at night so I don't feel like waiting on a bus and I think the boat stops around 11...

And anyone who's there, what's the wait like for test track? still have the single rider line?
I would expect $10 for the fare.

According to my app.... Test Track was 45 minutes yesterday
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #2091
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernRDH
Couple quick questions for those who may know:

1) Can you get salt tablets at the expo? I too am a heavy sweater, have not used them before but would rather have some "just in case". My coach will be with me, I know he has used them before.

2) Anyone know TSA regs on powders? I use Cytomax (Powerade/Gatorade = GI issues) and I have the HUGE tub of powder. Was planning to put what I needed into a zip bag and take it in my carry on, but curious if it will be an issue.

So excited, only 2 more wake ups and we are on the plane!!
1. I have seen them at expos before at one of the "stores" that sell lots of stuff. But if you have time this week, try GNC locally, they might have some. Now that I look at my bottle, it was bought at road runner sports so I think maybe DH got it at a store instead of an expo.

2. When I travel with my drink mix I put it in a Rubbermaid container instead of a ziploc. I like the screw-top "disposable" ones for soup they sell at the grocery store. No worries about puncture or spillage then!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #2092
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDuck001 View Post

Taxi fare finder says $10-11......

Taxi Fare Finder POR to SSR
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #2093
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I have woken up with a nervous stomach yesterday and today! I can't wait for this to finally be over so I can quit worrying about it!
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #2094
McDuck
DIS Veteran

One more sleep for us. I had a fitful sleep last night and woke up at 4 am. Did get back to sleep. Guess it was a good trainer for our wee hours departure tomorrow.

Once again I just want to thank everyone for the support, encouragement, and advice, with a special thank you to Coach Charles for being all our long-distance coach. I am going to do this, my first Half Marathon -- first race over 5k, for that matter -- and it is due in part to all of you.

I don't think our party's schedule will accommodate any of the meets, but I do hope to be able to run into some of you and say thanks in person.

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #2095
steph0808
Mouseketeer

Let's talk about the expo

Just going over the expo pages in the final race instructions.

So first we hit the HP Field House for Packet Pick-up (waiver needed) and then go to the Jostens Center for Race Shirt & gEAR bag pick-up?

I just want to make sure I do it in the correct order!

I printed off the expo floorplan and highlighted the exhibitors I want to hit - mostly Disney merchandise for shirts and marathon stuff, Lasting Commemoratives for the art card, and Fond Memories for the shadowbox.

I will probably check out New Balance to see if they have anything and maybe Marine Corps Marathon to see if they can convince me to run that instead of Pittsburgh in May. :P I seriously don't think I am crazy enough to do both...
5k PR - 25:52
10k PR - 56:31
Half Marathon PR - 1:58:59
Marathon PR - 6:42:53
steph0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #2096
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
I have woken up with a nervous stomach yesterday and today! I can't wait for this to finally be over so I can quit worrying about it!
Don't think of it that way! You're going to have such a great time. Honestly, I was so bummed when the race ended last year...it was so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0808 View Post
Just going over the expo pages in the final race instructions.

So first we hit the HP Field House for Packet Pick-up (waiver needed) and then go to the Jostens Center for Race Shirt & gEAR bag pick-up?

I just want to make sure I do it in the correct order!

I printed off the expo floorplan and highlighted the exhibitors I want to hit - mostly Disney merchandise for shirts and marathon stuff, Lasting Commemoratives for the art card, and Fond Memories for the shadowbox.

I will probably check out New Balance to see if they have anything and maybe Marine Corps Marathon to see if they can convince me to run that instead of Pittsburgh in May. :P I seriously don't think I am crazy enough to do both...
HP Field House then Jostens Center was the order last year. There will be CMs directing you where to go...just follow the crowd. ETA: You'll know if you went in the wrong order because they won't give you your shirt/bag without seeing your bib first.

I've never run MCM but I hear it's a FANTASTIC race.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #2097
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
Don't think of it that way! You're going to have such a great time. Honestly, I was so bummed when the race ended last year...it was so much fun.

HP Field House then Jostens Center was the order last year. There will be CMs directing you where to go...just follow the crowd. ETA: You'll know if you went in the wrong order because they won't give you your shirt/bag without seeing your bib first.

I've never run MCM but I hear it's a FANTASTIC race.
It is actually hard to go the wrong way. My DW can't keep up with me as I skip up the hill from the bus area to the HP Field House. So she heads to Josten's and has to say "I Know" a few times when volunteers are telling her she needs to go the HP first.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #2098
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
Keep thinking positive thoughts. THis time next week it will all seem to have gone way too fast.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #2099
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
It is actually hard to go the wrong way. My DW can't keep up with me as I skip up the hill from the bus area to the HP Field House. So she heads to Josten's and has to say "I Know" a few times when volunteers are telling her she needs to go the HP first.
Oh good, so I'm not the only one that gleefully skips to the expo then!
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #2100
njmeisje
Mouseketeer

Another Expo question. If I'm also picking up the Chear Packages for my husband and daughters, where do I g for that? And I have the waivers and authorization forms all figured out. So Ive done that.

Also -- if we signed up for Race Retreat -- is that also a separate line?

Thanks again...newbie here!
Diane

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: