Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #181
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran
 
dumbo_buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bronx, ny
Posts: 2,228

don't be too upset if you didn't get the virtual goody bag. it's not that telling. go to this address: http://waltdisneyworldmarathon.igiftbag.com/ and type in your email address.

i'm less excited about the goody bag and more excited about the stuff at the expo. of course i am more excited about the thing that's not free

i have a to share for the folks on the injured list. my PT gave me the ok to do a 50 minute fitness walk. i went out this morning and paid attention to my form and just tried to enjoy myself. the knee felt...ok...not great but certainly not painful enough that i was altering my form.

50 minutes got me 3.5 miles which is 14:30mm pace. so...at least i know i can move in a forward motion under the pace limit. sure, it was only for 3.5 miles but it's better than last week and the week before when i couldn't walk without limping. i have hope for this afterall. and i hope everyone else with injuries gets them under control so we can all get those donald and mickey medals!
__________________
Nancy
dumbo_buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #182
Ariel484
DIS Veteran
 
Ariel484's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,949

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl
I didn't get the online goody bag email. I don't really care about the goody bag but I wonder - did everyone get one? I signed up for the race using the Disney Chase Visa discount, which might have put me on a different list or something because I'm not able to confirm my registration online, either. (I did contact runDisney and verified it, though!)

Anyway... Who knows. I'm just wasting time online right now before today's long run... !

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I also signed up using the Disney Visa discount and did get the goody bag. Like you, I am not able to confirm my registration on the runDisney site. I had the same thing in 2011 and 2012 and would send runDisney panicked emails wondering where my registration was...I am pretty sure they thought I was nuts.

A couple of months back someone (Coach Charles?) posted a DIFFERENT link to use for people that signed up using that discount...and there I was! I guess they keep those lists separate. I am sure that link is in the first marathon weekend thread...I will search for it and post it here if I find it.

ETA: if you signed up using the Disney Visa discount, try this link: http://www.active.com/search_reg.cfm...523&CHECKSSO=0

Last edited by Ariel484; 12-01-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #183
Ariel484
DIS Veteran
 
Ariel484's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
I haven't gotten any emails. How do you verify your registration? RunDisney or on Active.com?
I you signed up using the Disney Vsa discount, try the link I posted above. If not, go to www.rundisney.com, click on Registration, then Registration Confirmation. Either if those should work unless you signed up with another group...if they don't, send an email to runDisney and they should be able to look you up.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #184
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran
 
butiflfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: My happy place
Posts: 1,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISaholic's View Post
I didn't get the email either

Can someone post the link for park tickets? I've been holding off buying them hoping that they would offer a discount on tickets like they did last year.

I'm mostly just a lurker here, getting inspiration from all of you to keep working towards Jan 13th. Have a 20+ miler on the plan for today. It's supposed to be a high of 34 today with a chance of freezing rain. Not looking forward to it.
You really didn't miss much in the e-mail. There are no discounted park tickets for marathon weekend.
__________________

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #185
cewait
DIS Veteran
 
cewait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm
Posts: 5,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISaholic's View Post
I didn't get the email either

Can someone post the link for park tickets? I've been holding off buying them hoping that they would offer a discount on tickets like they did last year.

I'm mostly just a lurker here, getting inspiration from all of you to keep working towards Jan 13th. Have a 20+ miler on the plan for today. It's supposed to be a high of 34 today with a chance of freezing rain. Not looking forward to it.
Call 407-WDW-iRUN. There were no details in the email and the link sent you to the iRun section of the runDisney website. I would not be surprized if one had to register through Sports Travel to take advantage of the park ticket pricing - ASSUMING that there is a discount.

Here is the text...
Quote:
ORDER THEME PARK TICKETS
Congrats on getting ahead of the pack and booking your stay for the race early.

If you haven't gotten them already, you can order Theme Park Tickets in advance too. Then all you have to think about from now until your trip is how great you're going to do in the race!

Purchase your Theme Park Tickets by calling 407–WDW–IRUN.
__________________
_________________
Coach Charles
Perfectly Goofy 2006-2014
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #186
cewait
DIS Veteran
 
cewait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm
Posts: 5,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
don't be too upset if you didn't get the virtual goody bag. it's not that telling. go to this address: http://waltdisneyworldmarathon.igiftbag.com/ and type in your email address.

i'm less excited about the goody bag and more excited about the stuff at the expo. of course i am more excited about the thing that's not free

i have a to share for the folks on the injured list. my PT gave me the ok to do a 50 minute fitness walk. i went out this morning and paid attention to my form and just tried to enjoy myself. the knee felt...ok...not great but certainly not painful enough that i was altering my form.

50 minutes got me 3.5 miles which is 14:30mm pace. so...at least i know i can move in a forward motion under the pace limit. sure, it was only for 3.5 miles but it's better than last week and the week before when i couldn't walk without limping. i have hope for this afterall. and i hope everyone else with injuries gets them under control so we can all get those donald and mickey medals!
Great to hear that you are mobile again.
__________________
_________________
Coach Charles
Perfectly Goofy 2006-2014
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #187
tedhowe
Dad to Grace and Joy
 
tedhowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 956

Hmm...

Does anyone know when the Friday morning Family 5K sold out?

We had been considering it (me - I'm running the half on Saturday and my DW and DD8 and DD10) - DW finally decided to try C25K and did the first run today so I was going to sign us up... and lo and behold the 5K is sold out.

Just curious if there is any way to get in (I doubt it) but also whether this is an early sellout - probably related to the 20th anniversary weekend and all.

I'm mostly annoyed with myself that I didn't get around to registering before.

I think I'll sign the kids up for the Mickey Mile, but it would have been cool to run through the park with them.
__________________
---
C25K Complete - 3/29/12!
---
5K PR: 29:16 11/22/2012
HM PR: 2:28:15 11/18/12

In Training for my first full marathon: Philadelphia 11/23/2014
tedhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #188
JRM393
Earning My Ears
 
JRM393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 62

So I don't believe I have posted on this board yet, but have been following it since I finished the ToT race in September. First I'd like to just congratulate everyone on all their success so far and keep it going! For those that caught that wretched injury bug...good luck I know everyone is sending pixie dust your way to get you over it!

I just wanted to share that I started running about three years ago (I didn't want my son, 3 months at the time, to think as he grew up you could just sit around all day and play video games or watch TV). I got fitted for shoes, sure enough not only were my feet wide but I overpronate. Well I went back yesterday because since then I've dropped some weight and figured I should make sure my feet Didn't shrink or something. Hopped on the treadmill, got off a out a minute later. I watch the video with the guy...guess what? No overpronation anymore! I was very surprised. Not only that, but I had gone from a 2E (wide) shoe, to a D (normal) width shoe. Got me thinking no wonder I've been getting more sore on my runs. I have the brooks adreneline GTS 12's right now which are about as stabilizing shoe they make to me not needing one.

Well I just wanted to share with some people who actually run instead of telling people who then just look at me like A) you're crazy I have no clue what you're talking about and B) people who say "you run I. This?!?"

Thanks everyone and good luck on these next few weeks of long runs!!
JRM393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #189
jimandami
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Union, KY (Cincinnati)
Posts: 3,269

Coach: Good luck and Pixie Dust to you!!

Everyone else: Good luck on your runs/races this weekend. 6 weeks to go!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #190
cewait
DIS Veteran
 
cewait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm
Posts: 5,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhowe View Post
Hmm...

Does anyone know when the Friday morning Family 5K sold out?

We had been considering it (me - I'm running the half on Saturday and my DW and DD8 and DD10) - DW finally decided to try C25K and did the first run today so I was going to sign us up... and lo and behold the 5K is sold out.

Just curious if there is any way to get in (I doubt it) but also whether this is an early sellout - probably related to the 20th anniversary weekend and all.

I'm mostly annoyed with myself that I didn't get around to registering before.

I think I'll sign the kids up for the Mickey Mile, but it would have been cool to run through the park with them.
I may be wrong but I am thinking 2-3 weeks ago, but not much longer if that long. Generally, this is a little later than normal for the sell out of the 5k. It seems to fluctuate more from the medallion that is handed out at the finish as much as anything. Unfortunately, there is not a waiting list or other means to get into the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM393 View Post
So I don't believe I have posted on this board yet, but have been following it since I finished the ToT race in September. First I'd like to just congratulate everyone on all their success so far and keep it going! For those that caught that wretched injury bug...good luck I know everyone is sending pixie dust your way to get you over it!

I just wanted to share that I started running about three years ago (I didn't want my son, 3 months at the time, to think as he grew up you could just sit around all day and play video games or watch TV). I got fitted for shoes, sure enough not only were my feet wide but I overpronate. Well I went back yesterday because since then I've dropped some weight and figured I should make sure my feet Didn't shrink or something. Hopped on the treadmill, got off a out a minute later. I watch the video with the guy...guess what? No overpronation anymore! I was very surprised. Not only that, but I had gone from a 2E (wide) shoe, to a D (normal) width shoe. Got me thinking no wonder I've been getting more sore on my runs. I have the brooks adreneline GTS 12's right now which are about as stabilizing shoe they make to me not needing one.

Well I just wanted to share with some people who actually run instead of telling people who then just look at me like A) you're crazy I have no clue what you're talking about and B) people who say "you run I. This?!?"

Thanks everyone and good luck on these next few weeks of long runs!!
Thanks for sharing. You are correct in the fact that folks get stronger and/or loose weight through running their strides change with time. Generally, moving from over pronation towards neutral or neutral to supination. Keep moving forward with your running. Just remember, folks who say YOU cannot do it are the ones who have not tried it.
__________________
_________________
Coach Charles
Perfectly Goofy 2006-2014
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #191
kmg148
DIS Veteran
 
kmg148's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhowe View Post
Hmm...

Does anyone know when the Friday morning Family 5K sold out?

We had been considering it (me - I'm running the half on Saturday and my DW and DD8 and DD10) - DW finally decided to try C25K and did the first run today so I was going to sign us up... and lo and behold the 5K is sold out.

Just curious if there is any way to get in (I doubt it) but also whether this is an early sellout - probably related to the 20th anniversary weekend and all.

I'm mostly annoyed with myself that I didn't get around to registering before.

I think I'll sign the kids up for the Mickey Mile, but it would have been cool to run through the park with them.
It's sold out and I'm bummed! I'm still now 100% sure I can go because of my schedule but it is looking like I can, so I have ramped up the training. Someone else is coming with me and he is just going as a spectator. He runs, but only 5k's. I went to look the other day and saw it was sold out, but knowing my luck we wouldn't have been able to go if it wasn't!

Best of luck coach Charles!
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #192
DISaholic's
Mouseketeer
 
DISaholic's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Call 407-WDW-iRUN. There were no details in the email and the link sent you to the iRun section of the runDisney website. I would not be surprized if one had to register through Sports Travel to take advantage of the park ticket pricing - ASSUMING that there is a discount.

Here is the text...
Thanks Coach! I was pretty sure that there wouldn't be any discounted tickets this year but couldn't help but hope!

Good luck on your new job pursuit!! I changed jobs within my company in July and it was a good career choice but has been a struggle to come up to speed at the new job!! I wish you many magic in attaining your goals!

21 miles in the book today. 34 degrees and a bit of a cold wind but at least
there was no freezing rain.

I'm really ready for these long runs to be done done done.

jeanne
__________________
DISAholic's: Me and DH (48+), DS26, DS24, DD19, DGD 1

1974 Contemporary, 1976 Polynesian, 1981 Disney Village, 1983 Offsite
1984 One day EPCOT, 1990 Disney Inn - Honeymoon
1993 Dixie Landings, 1997 Dixie Landings, 1999 Dixie Landings (Now PORS)
2002 Boardwalk
2006 POP/OKW
2010 POR/OKW
2012 CBR and 2012 WDW Marathon finisher
2013 CBR and 2013 WDW Marathon finsiher
2013 Disney Cruise - Disney Dream


Upcoming January 2014 Disney Dream Cruise - Nephew's wedding onboard
DISaholic's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #193
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM393 View Post

I just wanted to share that I started running about three years ago (I didn't want my son, 3 months at the time, to think as he grew up you could just sit around all day and play video games or watch TV). I got fitted for shoes, sure enough not only were my feet wide but I overpronate. Well I went back yesterday because since then I've dropped some weight and figured I should make sure my feet Didn't shrink or something. Hopped on the treadmill, got off a out a minute later. I watch the video with the guy...guess what? No overpronation anymore! I was very surprised. Not only that, but I had gone from a 2E (wide) shoe, to a D (normal) width shoe. Got me thinking no wonder I've been getting more sore on my runs. I have the brooks adreneline GTS 12's right now which are about as stabilizing shoe they make to me not needing one.

Well I just wanted to share with some people who actually run instead of telling people who then just look at me like A) you're crazy I have no clue what you're talking about and B) people who say "you run I. This?!?"

Thanks everyone and good luck on these next few weeks of long runs!!
Wecome! I stopped pronating as well and actually supinate a little bit now after losing about ~50 pounds. Unfortunately I found this out from an injury caused most likely in part by the stability shoes that I was wearing. (This was in 2011). I encourage everyone who has lost a chunk of weight to get rechecked to make sure they are still in the correct shoe.

Glad you are able to move again Nancy!
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #194
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran
 
CaptHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keller, Tx
Posts: 554

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Pixie dust please.....


I have an interview in the next couple weeks. Hopefully, without jinxing the path forward, the position reports to a person who I have a great working relationship with. We spoke today to firm up my desire to move forward in the interview process. I guess I am looking for a little pixie dust (and prayers) to help smooth out the process and for guidance on making what I think will be the the inevitable decision. I really must get past the thought of "wouldn't it be really neat to live 5 minutes from Disney."

Thanks for reading....
Good luck coach! I am in almost the same position. I was laid off from my job 3 weeks ago. I wish someone would offer me a position near Orlando. I would move out of Texas in a heartbeat. The one positive is that it made training a lot easier. I don't have to wait until after work to get my runs in. I can now run Monday through Friday and not have to run on the weekends.
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #195
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran
 
PRmamiDEdos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Capital of the World!!
Posts: 2,447

Got a 13 mile run in today. I came out of the gate a little too fast but kept my average pace under 11:35 mpm for the entire run. My feet hurt, especially my pinky toes and I was starting to freeze when I had about 5 miles left. Glad it's over. Next week, I think I have either 17 or 20 scheduled. Lord help me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
__________________
PRmamiDEdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: