Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #166
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Pixie dust please.....

Not race related and really non-Disney related.

As many know, the company I work for has a division office in Maitland, Fl. Maitland is on the north side of Orlando. After we merged with the company that owned the Fl assets, my job duties took me to the MCO area at least monthly for a 3-4 year period (thus the knowledge base for all the run ideas and since my boss said stay anywhere as long as the hotel title did not have Disney in it - (I love the Marriott Village just across I4)). As a result of all my trips to MCO, I have run almost every path published by Disney and created several paths that Disney probably wishes I would not publish. I am also known well enough by the Boardwalk guard staff so that they allow me to park and run at the resort, even though they are not really allowing this to occur any longer before 6 AM.

Recently our company was acquired by another firm and I have been a lost ship in my new and very reduced responsibilities. It is to the point that I have been actively looking for better opportunities. A couple weeks ago a job was posted in our Maitland Office. It is a totally different path for me, but one that I was on 20 years ago.

I have an interview in the next couple weeks. Hopefully, without jinxing the path forward, the position reports to a person who I have a great working relationship with. We spoke today to firm up my desire to move forward in the interview process. I guess I am looking for a little pixie dust (and prayers) to help smooth out the process and for guidance on making what I think will be the the inevitable decision. I really must get past the thought of "wouldn't it be really neat to live 5 minutes from Disney."

Thanks for reading....
good luck to you!! hey, you're good at running advice and i'm really good at interviewing advice. see, we can all help each other!!

5 minutes from disney? what's better than that?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #167
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

Coach Charles, sending lots of PD, positive energy and prayers that this opportunity comes through for you. Over the years that we have crossed paths and posts it has been an honor and privilege. I hope those for whom you work truly recognize what an asset you are.

Last edited by Tiger Lily 03; 11-30-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Tiger Lily 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #168
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pixie dust please.....

As many know, the company I work for has a division office in Maitland, Fl. Maitland is on the north side of Orlando. After we merged with the company that owned the Fl assets, my job duties took me to the MCO area at least monthly for a 3-4 year period (thus the knowledge base for all the run ideas and since my boss said stay anywhere as long as the hotel title did not have Disney in it - (I love the Marriott Village just across I4)). As a result of all my trips to MCO, I have run almost every path published by Disney and created several paths that Disney probably wishes I would not publish. I am also known well enough by the Boardwalk guard staff so that they allow me to park and run at the resort, even though they are not really allowing this to occur any longer before 6 AM.

Recently our company was acquired by another firm and I have been a lost ship in my new and very reduced responsibilities. It is to the point that I have been actively looking for better opportunities. A couple weeks ago a job was posted in our Maitland Office. It is a totally different path for me, but one that I was on 20 years ago.

I have an interview in the next couple weeks. Hopefully, without jinxing the path forward, the position reports to a person who I have a great working relationship with. We spoke today to firm up my desire to move forward in the interview process. I guess I am looking for a little pixie dust (and prayers) to help smooth out the process and for guidance on making what I think will be the the inevitable decision. I really must get past the thought of "wouldn't it be really neat to live 5 minutes from Disney."

Thanks for reading....
Sending tons of pixie dust your way! I live right behind the MK...you'd love living down here!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #169
chris84bond
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmer1rick View Post
I didn't get the email. Can you post the link to the virtual goody bag?
PM-d you it ( i need 10 posts to post links....will edit this one once i have them as well)

http://waltdisneyworldmarathon.igift...s@provider.com

obviously, fill in emailaddress of yourself for the one or two drawings they have, if you want to
chris84bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #170
chris84bond
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris84bond View Post
PM-d you it ( i need 10 posts to post links....will edit this one once i have them as well)
And apparently you need 10 posts to PM non admins, so this is filler

On other news, tough mudder tomorrow! GOal is to finish injury free and have fun, followed by a 13 miler sunday (As long as i'm moving), then my first 20 miler next sunday.
chris84bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #171
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

GOOD LUCK and pixie dust to you, Coach!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #172
guava
Mouseketeer

Massive doses of pixie dust for you Coach! ixiedust
guava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #173
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait
Pixie dust please.....

Thanks for reading....
Sending you positive thoughts in the process and your choices.

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #174
FFigawi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pixie dust please.....
Good luck Charles! Hope it all works out for you.

John
FFigawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #175
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the responses to my question! I will look into my layering options.

Prayers and pixie dust it all works out, Coach!

Good luck to all racing this weekend. I think we're just going to power walk our 3-miles tomorrow as I aggravated the hamstring that was improving with ambitious housecleaning yesterday (and lots of up and down the stairs).

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #176
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Good luck, Charles! I hope it all works out for the best.

I was glad to see the virtual goody bag. Saves me from throwing out a lot of useless paper. (Although I do still hope for a mini Clif Bar or something tangible in the bag!)

Maura
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #177
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

I didn't get the online goody bag email. I don't really care about the goody bag but I wonder - did everyone get one? I signed up for the race using the Disney Chase Visa discount, which might have put me on a different list or something because I'm not able to confirm my registration online, either. (I did contact runDisney and verified it, though!)

Anyway... Who knows. I'm just wasting time online right now before today's long run... !

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #178
DISaholic's
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
Did anyone else get an email from runDisney today? I got one with training tips, links to buy park tickets, etc. It also had a link to the virtual goody bag. I haven't gotten to look at it yet (you need Flash and I am on an iPad right now). And don't they normally post waivers/bib numbers about a month out?? It's coming up!!
I didn't get the email either

Can someone post the link for park tickets? I've been holding off buying them hoping that they would offer a discount on tickets like they did last year.

I'm mostly just a lurker here, getting inspiration from all of you to keep working towards Jan 13th. Have a 20+ miler on the plan for today. It's supposed to be a high of 34 today with a chance of freezing rain. Not looking forward to it.

1974 Contemporary, 1976 Polynesian, 1981 Disney Village, 1983 Offsite
1984 One day EPCOT, 1990 Disney Inn - Honeymoon
1993 Dixie Landings, 1997 Dixie Landings, 1999 Dixie Landings (Now PORS)
2002 Boardwalk
2006 POP/OKW
2010 POR/OKW
2012 CBR and 2012 WDW Marathon finisher
2013 CBR and 2013 WDW Marathon finsiher
2013 Disney Cruise - Disney Dream

Upcoming January 2014 Disney Dream Cruise - Nephew's wedding onboard
DISaholic's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #179
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I haven't gotten any emails. How do you verify your registration? RunDisney or on Active.com?

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #180
VernRDH
Sharing the same birthday with my baby girl and Mickey Mouse

Coach-good luck-fingers crossed for you!

Glad I did my long runs last weekend. Snowing here, not a lot, but enough that it gets a bit dicey out on the road. Tomorrow is supposed to warm up to 50* so we will be out running tomorrow.

Hoping that all of those with injuries are feeling better soon!
VernRDH is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: