Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #151
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

I had a dream last night that I was doing the half marathon(not the full...which is what I am registered for) and it was on an endless flight of stairs in the wide world of sports building where they hold the expo. In my dream I did really well until mile 12. I had to make a bathroom stop. When I got out of the bathroom they were cleaning up the race stuff and they had closed the course. I never got the oppurtunity to finish. I hate these dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #152
Reep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtwins1112 View Post
I had a dream last night that I was doing the half marathon(not the full...which is what I am registered for) and it was on an endless flight of stairs in the wide world of sports building where they hold the expo. In my dream I did really well until mile 12. I had to make a bathroom stop. When I got out of the bathroom they were cleaning up the race stuff and they had closed the course. I never got the oppurtunity to finish. I hate these dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny. My recurring dream is that I'm running a good time on the course without many people around me and then all of the sudden it goes to an unexpected trail section. After running on the trail section it ends up leading me into a building, which obviously is not part of the course. I walk into the building and can't find anyone who knows anything about the race.
Reep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #153
ironz
could always use some pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reep View Post
Funny. My recurring dream is that I'm running a good time on the course without many people around me and then all of the sudden it goes to an unexpected trail section. After running on the trail section it ends up leading me into a building, which obviously is not part of the course. I walk into the building and can't find anyone who knows anything about the race.
Oh, good....I'm not the only one who dreams I have to run through buildings! Running races, triathlons...my race dreams almost always have me running in a building (and usually getting lost). My BF's 'theory' is that it relates to running through the Castle (and the costume section at HS), but I'm not so sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Definitely a great option. I have worn the throw down, rip away, Tyvek painter's suits a couple times. It would be great if they were green as you feel like the Hulk when you rip it off. The first year I used them the Dalmatian movies were recent history and we spent the day coloring spots on the suit.

Lots of fun
Note to people: the Tyvek suits are way cheaper at Home Depot, etc, rather than buying one at the expo "made for runners" (i.e. super marked up). I do like the idea of the OR booties.

"The miles aren't going to run themselves."

ironz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #154
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironz View Post
Oh, good....I'm not the only one who dreams I have to run through buildings! Running races, triathlons...my race dreams almost always have me running in a building (and usually getting lost). My BF's 'theory' is that it relates to running through the Castle (and the costume section at HS), but I'm not so sure.
Weird, We may all need to see the same shrink. What is it about the danged building!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironz View Post
Note to people: the Tyvek suits are way cheaper at Home Depot, etc, rather than buying one at the expo "made for runners" (i.e. super marked up). I do like the idea of the OR booties.
I agree, but the couple times I have purchased at the expo we had a late coming cold snap. Ok well the 2010 was not late coming as I had to pay extra weight fees for all the iron sulfate based hand warmers that went to Florida. They were still a last minute opportunity purchase for me.

In 2010 I was toying with the Runners Retreat as a special 5th Goofy gift. I put it off as the weather looked reasonable but then on the 16th day out the 15th day temps dipped. Then when the 15-day forecast included the marathon, the last spots in the tent sold out. I am sure that the tent wrist bands would have gone for double the cost on Saturday and Sunday AM.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #155
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Pixie dust please.....

Not race related and really non-Disney related.

As many know, the company I work for has a division office in Maitland, Fl. Maitland is on the north side of Orlando. After we merged with the company that owned the Fl assets, my job duties took me to the MCO area at least monthly for a 3-4 year period (thus the knowledge base for all the run ideas and since my boss said stay anywhere as long as the hotel title did not have Disney in it - (I love the Marriott Village just across I4)). As a result of all my trips to MCO, I have run almost every path published by Disney and created several paths that Disney probably wishes I would not publish. I am also known well enough by the Boardwalk guard staff so that they allow me to park and run at the resort, even though they are not really allowing this to occur any longer before 6 AM.

Recently our company was acquired by another firm and I have been a lost ship in my new and very reduced responsibilities. It is to the point that I have been actively looking for better opportunities. A couple weeks ago a job was posted in our Maitland Office. It is a totally different path for me, but one that I was on 20 years ago.

I have an interview in the next couple weeks. Hopefully, without jinxing the path forward, the position reports to a person who I have a great working relationship with. We spoke today to firm up my desire to move forward in the interview process. I guess I am looking for a little pixie dust (and prayers) to help smooth out the process and for guidance on making what I think will be the the inevitable decision. I really must get past the thought of "wouldn't it be really neat to live 5 minutes from Disney."

Thanks for reading....
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 11-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #156
wdwpluto
The TF looked all over but couldn't find the dollar under your pillow?? ;)
Ebay-ing our way to WDW

Quote:
Pixie dust please.....

As many know, the company I work for has a division office in Maitland, Fl. Maitland is on the north side of Orlando. After we merged with the company that owned the Fl assets, my job duties took me to the MCO area at least monthly for a 3-4 year period (thus the knowledge base for all the run ideas and since my boss said stay anywhere as long as the hotel title did not have Disney in it - (I love the Marriott Village just across I4)). As a result of all my trips to MCO, I have run almost every path published by Disney and created several paths that Disney probably wishes I would not publish. I am also known well enough by the Boardwalk guard staff so that they allow me to park and run at the resort, even though they are not really allowing this to occur any longer before 6 AM.

Recently our company was acquired by another firm and I have been a lost ship in my new and very reduced responsibilities. It is to the point that I have been actively looking for better opportunities. A couple weeks ago a job was posted in our Maitland Office. It is a totally different path for me, but one that I was on 20 years ago.

I have an interview in the next couple weeks. Hopefully, without jinxing the path forward, the position reports to a person who I have a great working relationship with. We spoke today to firm up my desire to move forward in the interview process. I guess I am looking for a little pixie dust (and prayers) to help smooth out the process and for guidance on making what I think will be the the inevitable decision. I really must get past the thought of "wouldn't it be really neat to live 5 minutes from Disney."

Thanks for reading....
Sending pixie dust your way! I live in Casselberry and work in Winter Park, so if you need any info about that area (though it sounds like you've spent your fair share of time here!) PM me!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #157
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait
Pixie dust please.....

Thanks for reading....
Good luck!! I hope everything works out sooner rather than later...because it WILL work out.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #158
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Did anyone else get an email from runDisney today? I got one with training tips, links to buy park tickets, etc. It also had a link to the virtual goody bag. I haven't gotten to look at it yet (you need Flash and I am on an iPad right now). And don't they normally post waivers/bib numbers about a month out?? It's coming up!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #159
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
Did anyone else get an email from runDisney today? I got one with training tips, links to buy park tickets, etc. It also had a link to the virtual goody bag. I haven't gotten to look at it yet (you need Flash and I am on an iPad right now). And don't they normally post waivers/bib numbers about a month out?? It's coming up!!
Yes, and yes, the waivers will be out late next week or early the following. I am betting on the following week.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #160
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

We'll be praying for you!

Quote:
Pixie dust please.....

Thanks for reading....
Old 11-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #161
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pixie dust please.....

Thanks for reading....
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #162
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
I didn't get the email. Can you post the link to the virtual goody bag?
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #163
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Coach Hope the job situations works out for you.

Yes, got the email. I didn't see much in the online goodie bag.

Got my 20 miler in today. Great weather and the run went well. Did a 2min.run/3 min.walk and hoped for an 11mm mile, but a 12mm would have been fine too. Ended with an average 10:51. Went out a bit fast with first ten miles between 10:03 and 10:43. Next 6 miles close to a 10:50 and last 4 miles in the 11:40 range. I'm happy with it. Topped off with a bowl of lentil stew with chicken sausage that I made last night.
One more 20 miler that I plan to do around the 18th.

Good luck to all the LR runners/walker this weekend.

joan4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #164
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmer1rick
I didn't get the email. Can you post the link to the virtual goody bag?
I'm sorry, I don't think I can. It seems to be attached to my email. You aren't missing much though.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #165
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait

Yes, and yes, the waivers will be out late next week or early the following. I am betting on the following week.
It's getting closer...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: