Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #121
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I love all the photos of you and Dalton...he's such a little cutie

hey, leaving us hanging with your ADR's...no fair
Aww, thanks!! Don't you worry...ADR update coming soon! Especially since we now have a SNOW DAY tomorrow! Which creates a four-day weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
Such a cute photo idea! I have been thinking about doing that too, I just can't decide which pic to replicate! I have one of the girls in front of the castle, but I can't remember exactly where I was when I took it. It is not the "regular" in front of the castle shot.

I tell you, it seems like everyone is sick! This week, it is my turn It is just a sinus infection, but man is it painful! I never realized how much I bend down during the day, until I did it with pain and pressure in my face! We mommas do too much bending down! Hope everyone in your house is getting healthy!
Thank you!! I love people's castle shot pics to watch kids grow up! The first two times we took D, I couldn't get a castle shot of him without my 100,000 closest friends in it too!

Oh goodness, I hope you are feeling better!! You're right. . .we do do too much bending down! D is recovering, and the weather days we've had off have helped that! They just prescribed Brian another medicine. . .pretty sure this is the 5th antibiotic. Hoping this one kicks all the way in!! I hope all of y'all get well and stay well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I love all the pictures! My mom started a tradition when we stayed at WL and that was to stand next to the totem pole by the gift shop. It was very memorable seeing that year after year!
We love that totem pole! I have pics there from last year, and I'm excited to get some for comparison from this year! Plus, you have to rub Humphrey's nose to get the trip started off right! That was a great idea your mom had!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm sorry I missed so many updates! I'm all caught up now! I hope that you had a great Christmas and New Years (although judging from this report, I'd say you did ) I love your Adventureland picture tradition - so cute! Your trip is really coming up fast! Are you going to be writing a TR for this trip (I"m sorry if you've mentioned that and I missed it).
No worries--you've had a lot on your plate!! Thanks for taking the time to catch up! We really did have good holidays! It was a lot of fun! Yep, we hit 9 weeks out today...I can't believe it! I will definitely be writing a trip report. . .complete with all of my eating indulgences! I hope you'll read along!! I hope everything's looking up for you!!

Thanks, everyone, for reading along!! I will be back tomorrow with another update!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #122
StitchIsOurHero

Day 3 Dining!!

Ahhhh. . .another chapter devoted to my food plans! These are the things I think about while sweating it out on the treadmill!

We don’t have an ADR for breakfast this morning, so we will probably grab something in the Lounge or use a snack credit (or both!).

For lunch, we are headed to a first for us, Liberty Tree Tavern!

Brian & I went there for dinner in 2004, before MVMCP, when it was still a character meal. I ate the salad, and the dressing made me sick before we could even make it very far out of the restaurant. Note to self: no salad!!

We decided to make another go at this one, after seeing lots of yummalicious pics and updates on the dining board. I am not sure what I will eat—maybe the turkey dinner? But I KNOW I will be having the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!!! Oh yes, it will be mine!!

I plan to use up lots of my snack credits this day to get some snacks (“Mickey Munchies”, as D calls Rice Krispie treats) to have to take with us! And what’s an MK day without a Mickey bar?

For dinner, we are closing out the day with one of our family’s MOST favorites!! ‘Ohana!!

I L-O-V-E this meal!! Love it, love it, love it!!

My favorite part is the wings. I have no idea why, but they are terrific! We all like the food here (especially D, since they bring him chicken nuggets), and we were thrilled that it could close out our last park day!

I think that will definitely be enough food to cap off our day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #123
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post

We decided to make another go at this one, after seeing lots of yummalicious pics and updates on the dining board. I am not sure what I will eat—maybe the turkey dinner? But I KNOW I will be having the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!!! Oh yes, it will be mine!!

We are doing dinner, and I will mourn not getting to try the ooey gooey toffee cake...maybe it is not too late to change our ADR to lunch...

For dinner, we are closing out the day with one of our family’s MOST favorites!! ‘Ohana!!

I L-O-V-E this meal!! Love it, love it, love it!!

Yours is the third post in 2 days that I have seen about 'Ohana dinner, now I am trying to figure out how we could swing it, but I don't want to cancel any of our other meals! I guess we will just have to go back VERY soon! HA! Now if I could only convince my DH...
I will not change my ADR's, I will not change my ADR's, I will not change my ADR's....
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #124
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
I will not change my ADR's, I will not change my ADR's, I will not change my ADR's....
I LOVE 'Ohana! I really can't say enough good things about it! I think you should plan another trip soon after your upcoming one, just so you can try it!!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #125
StitchIsOurHero

Just a quick drop-by to say...

60 DAYS TODAY!!!

I will be back tomorrow with another update! Enjoy your Monday off everyone!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #126
StitchIsOurHero

MLK Weekend!

I do so love a long weekend! As I mentioned before, it came at the end of a weird week!

Heres how that week played out. . .on Monday, D was sick, so he and I were home from school. We had TONS of rain, so school was closed Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday, we went back to school, only to be let out at 1 pm, due to impending snow. On Friday, we were out of school due to snow! Definitely my kind of week!!

Now, please understand that we dont do snow here. So any snow we get AT ALL usually gets us out of school. I feel like I have to put that disclaimer in, since some of you probably live where you get lots of snow, and youre going to look at these pics, and think WHAT?!

Our snow:

D in our snow:

It took me 10 minutes to get him dressed to go out. He took 10 steps onto the deck, I snapped a few pics, and he said, Momma, this is the coldest, wettest winter I has ever seen. I dont like it. Lets go in. Yep. Our 5 minute snow adventure!

The weekend was full of lots of fun! The sun finally came out, we celebrated 60 days out, and we got to spend lots of time together!

I also got in touch with The Perfect Gift (Shirley) for some trip surprises! Hoping to finalize that this week!

I hope all of you had a wonderful long weekend as well!!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #127
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

yay for 60 days
hear ya about the snow...we are almost as bad, too many hills so the close us down pretty quick too!
D looks pretty cute all dressed up for the snow.... about what he said

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #128
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do so love a long weekend! As I mentioned before, it came at the end of a weird week!

Heres how that week played out. . .on Monday, D was sick, so he and I were home from school. We had TONS of rain, so school was closed Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday, we went back to school, only to be let out at 1 pm, due to impending snow. On Friday, we were out of school due to snow! Definitely my kind of week!!

Now, please understand that we dont do snow here. So any snow we get AT ALL usually gets us out of school. I feel like I have to put that disclaimer in, since some of you probably live where you get lots of snow, and youre going to look at these pics, and think WHAT?!

Our snow:

D in our snow:

It took me 10 minutes to get him dressed to go out. He took 10 steps onto the deck, I snapped a few pics, and he said, Momma, this is the coldest, wettest winter I has ever seen. I dont like it. Lets go in. Yep. Our 5 minute snow adventure!

The weekend was full of lots of fun! The sun finally came out, we celebrated 60 days out, and we got to spend lots of time together!

I also got in touch with The Perfect Gift (Shirley) for some trip surprises! Hoping to finalize that this week!

I hope all of you had a wonderful long weekend as well!!

Hi Brooke!
I was rolling from the laughter at your snow because here in North Alabama we are the same way! Our schools closed also - it's so funny!
I also ordered last week from The Perfect Gift - Kevin was so helpful and I left a comment to Shirley on her fb page about his helpfulness. I haven't commented much on your PTR but I have been reading along. Hard to believe it's getting so close! We are so excited to be sailing the Dream again.
Are you going to join the FE? I have been working on our gifts for it - my DS and I enjoy it so much! So fun to leave surprises for other cruisers!
Have a great week!

Bette

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:32 AM   #129
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
yay for 60 days
hear ya about the snow...we are almost as bad, too many hills so the close us down pretty quick too!
D looks pretty cute all dressed up for the snow.... about what he said
I know! He is a hoot. . .and not a fan of the massive amounts of snow we got! I don't know what he'd do if we lived somewhere where it actually snowed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
Hi Brooke!
I was rolling from the laughter at your snow because here in North Alabama we are the same way! Our schools closed also - it's so funny!
I also ordered last week from The Perfect Gift - Kevin was so helpful and I left a comment to Shirley on her fb page about his helpfulness. I haven't commented much on your PTR but I have been reading along. Hard to believe it's getting so close! We are so excited to be sailing the Dream again.
Are you going to join the FE? I have been working on our gifts for it - my DS and I enjoy it so much! So fun to leave surprises for other cruisers!
Have a great week!

Bette
It is pretty funny about the snow. . .though I love my snow days! We have them built in to the calendar (through extra time), so if we don't use them, it's like we "lose" days.

I can't believe our cruises are so close!! Aren't the people at Perfect Gift so nice? I am so excited to see the stuff!! And I know my guys are going to be surprised!

I don't think we are going to do the FE this time. They are adding a bunch of stuff for us at work, and I don't think I have time to get anything together. I know you all will have a blast, though!! It's such an awesome idea!!

I hope your week is wonderful as well!!

Update coming below!! Have a rockin' day, everyone! And thanks for reading!!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:32 AM   #130
StitchIsOurHero

60 day countdown!!

I cant believe we are now under 60 days! Less than TWO MONTHS from today (January 23rd ), and we will be in WDW!! (As we like to say here, Lord willing, and the creek dont rise! )

We did a sort of crazy celebration for our 60 days! Due to the nutso weather we had last week (and the fact that D & I only went to school ONE day, and it let out early), we had a bit of cabin fever. Brian came home Friday after work, and said, Get ready and lets go to Chuys!

I am NOT a quick get-readyer. I wish I was. However, it is just not to be. I knew I had to get that done so we could get there before there was a huge wait. So I slapped some makeup on and threw on a hatremember that and be merciful about the pics!

When we got there, the wait was 45-50 minutes. The hostess said, if someone is getting up from a table in the bar area, you could tackle them and take the table! So, we went in there to table-stalk! Finally, a couple about my parents age realized what we were doing (it could have been because of the youngish Dad guy with 2 kids and his wife and inlaws who was trying to put a football block on me to move me away from my already-stalked-out spot. . .what was he thinking!? ). Anyway. . .they paid and slid out of the booth and blocked it until we could get in there!

We had already decided that this would be our 60-day celebration (at 62 days, but whos counting?). So, here we are. . .celebrating!

We had a great dinner and then went to visit my brother, SIL, and my niece!

Fast forward to Sunday, January 20! Our REAL 60 day date! We had a great day together! The sun finally came out, so we did what any good cabin-fevered family would do. . .we went to Target!

First, though, I had to celebrate with my Sunday morning coffee mug from my FAVORITE PLACE:

We also hung up the 60 day square:

AND I made the next-to-last payment on our trip! YAY!! AND I had the BEST CM ever on the phone! He was awesome, and he even did a little cheer for my 60 day date!!

We also got D some shorts for the trip this weekend, and scored a coupon for a few more!

Yay for 60 days!! SO ready for it to be here!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #131
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Your family looks like so much fun! I love to see a PTR where the dad has a smile on his face
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #132
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

funny about the table stalking...nice the other couple "saved" your table!
hope your weather has warmed up a bit! snow is nice, but I get over it pretty quickly...lucky for us this year only have had a dusting...no missed school yet

for almost having the trip paid off! and score on the shorts and coupon at target!

we leave 5 weeks from Saturday for megan's dance DLR trip and I can start making dining ressies on this Sunday for her bday trip

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #133
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Joining in. Your family looks like so much fun! I love to see a PTR where the dad has a smile on his face
Awww, thanks!!! We try to have a good time whatever we do! Thanks for joining in!!

Quote:
funny about the table stalking...nice the other couple "saved" your table!
hope your weather has warmed up a bit! snow is nice, but I get over it pretty quickly...lucky for us this year only have had a dusting...no missed school yet

for almost having the trip paid off! and score on the shorts and coupon at target!

we leave 5 weeks from Saturday for megan's dance DLR trip and I can start making dining ressies on this Sunday for her bday trip
I know--I love it when it all starts to come together! And yes, I was so happy about the table savers, that I almost hugged them!!

A BIG yay for 5 weeks til DLR and for almost time to make dining ressies!! That's awesome!!

8 weeks from today!!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #134
matkensgirl2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I know I’m probably a little OCD, but I love coming home from vacation to a clean house!
My philosophy exactly. NOTHING adds insult to injury like a messy house after a trip to WDW. On top of all the laundry that needs to be cleaned and put away, who needs to add dishes to PDD (post Disney depression)?

All-Star Sports May '99
All-Star Music September '02
Grand Floridian Concierge May '06
POP May '08
POFQ May 2010
May 2011 Beach Club CL
May 2013 POR

My First PTR and maybe a weight loss story thrown in
PTR: Getting Skinny for Disney
matkensgirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #135
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Less than 60 days!! So exciting I cannot eat the salad at LTT either, I think it has something to do with onions for me though. I love your little snow adventure lol Poor guy looks awfully cold - and we don't even call that snow here

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: