Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #91
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
Well, since you are following my PTR, I thought I would come check yours out - I just need to settle in with a large cup of coffee, and start reading! I can already tell from your intro that we are a lot alike - at least when it comes to Disney planning!
Hi! Thanks for reading along!! I definitely think we are a lot alike with this planning thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Love your pics!
Thank you!! I am an "over-picturer", but I just can't help it!

Quote:
Got it all read - looks like a fun trip! You will have to let me know how the cruise goes, we are considering one now that they are sailing out of TX - it would eliminate the airfare for us, plus we can visit my BFF in Houston!

My DH has had the same cough for about 6 weeks now. He has had two rounds of antibiotics because he also had a sinus infection at the same time, so now we just wait for the cough to go away... So far, I have been the only one NOT sick in our family - ugh!

March will be here so very soon!!! Can you tell I am just as excited? Mostly because once March is here and gone, it will almost be MAY!
Dang, that must've been one BIG cup of coffee if you read all the way through the report!! Thanks for reading!!

Ooh, yeah! You definitely need to do one of the cruises out of Galveston! I looked at those, just because I have never been to Texas and would LOVE to go!

Brian got some more medicine today--the doctor finally said it was bronchitis, with some asthma-like spasms, so he got meds and an inhaler. I am hoping that, with those, it makes its merry way right on out of here!

Yep, March is coming soon!! And by the time mine gets here, it'll be practically April, and that's almost May!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
A very good choice by D with the restaurant! Just wait until he discovers the joys of March Madness on all those tv screens at B-Dubs!!
Oh, I know!! Everyone thinks it's hilarious that he always picks that restaurant, but he thinks it's great! The football games were on when we went, and he was so excited! He, of course, understands nothing about football, but he thought it was awesome!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #92
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Hi Brooke!! My DBF and I will be on the same Dream cruise in March!! Are you only able to check-in for your PAT if you are in Castaway Club?? He said we couldn't do checking in or excursion booking till Jan 8th but it is our first time going. He booked everything (surprise for me!) so he's been taking care of all the details. Glad that you got the 11am PAT! We were hoping for that too but I doubt we'll get it haha. We will make the most of it of course We are also hoping to do the Beach Day at Atlantis as it is my first cruise and I'm interested in it. Happy Planning for you!
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #93
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Hi Brooke!! My DBF and I will be on the same Dream cruise in March!! Are you only able to check-in for your PAT if you are in Castaway Club?? He said we couldn't do checking in or excursion booking till Jan 8th but it is our first time going. He booked everything (surprise for me!) so he's been taking care of all the details. Glad that you got the 11am PAT! We were hoping for that too but I doubt we'll get it haha. We will make the most of it of course We are also hoping to do the Beach Day at Atlantis as it is my first cruise and I'm interested in it. Happy Planning for you!

Hi Megan!! That's so cool that you'll be on the same cruise!! You're right--we could check in at 90 days because we had cruised once before. I bet you will still be able to get the 11 am check in time! I know a lot of the excursions are still available! pixie dust for Jan 8th!!

That's so awesome that this is a surprise for you! You will love your first cruise!

Happy planning to you too!! Thanks for reading along!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #94
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Hi Megan!! That's so cool that you'll be on the same cruise!! You're right--we could check in at 90 days because we had cruised once before. I bet you will still be able to get the 11 am check in time! I know a lot of the excursions are still available! pixie dust for Jan 8th!!

That's so awesome that this is a surprise for you! You will love your first cruise!

Happy planning to you too!! Thanks for reading along!!
That's good to know!!! We also might be staying at WL before the cruise. I'm a seasonal CM at WDW so I get my 60% discount (sadly not on this cruise!) so we are tossing around pre and post cruise rooms!

Any tips for a first time cruiser??!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #95
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
That's good to know!!! We also might be staying at WL before the cruise. I'm a seasonal CM at WDW so I get my 60% discount (sadly not on this cruise!) so we are tossing around pre and post cruise rooms!

Any tips for a first time cruiser??!!!
Cool that you are a seasonal CM! I bet that's awesome! I love WL!!

My only advice for first-time cruisers would be to relax and take it all in! Getting on the ship is so amazing....soak it all in! Since we haven't been since 2005, and never on the Dream, I'm planning to follow that advice too!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #96
StitchIsOurHero

Making the Countdown Calendar!

For some New Yearís Day fun (and because I knew the first week back at work would be crazy!), I went ahead and made the squares for our countdown calendar!

For us, itís a tradition that it goes up at 70 days out, and thatís coming up this week!

First, the pieces. . .we did it all in red, black, and yellow and Mickey heads this time!

Then, assembling the squares

Then we wrote the numbers on, stacked them in order, and they are ready to go for this week!

We hit 70 days this coming Thursday. . .itís starting to seem a little closer!

Tomorrow. . .day 3 plans!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #97
StitchIsOurHero

Day 3 Morning Plans!

So, we're up to Saturday, March 23rd, if you're a date person like me!

After our ďlate nightĒ out at Magic Kingdom, weíre hoping for a good restful night, and then itíll be back to the Magic Kingdom for day 3 of our trip!!

I am hoping we will get there before rope drop so we can watch the opening show!

It is on my list of very favorite things! I cry every single time!

After that, weíll head back for. . .you guessed it. . .the Mickey & Minnie meet and greet!

I am one of the very few people who is excited about Starbucks on Main Street. I will seriously miss Main Street Bakery, but I LOVE Starbucks! So I am looking forward to walking down Main Street USA and having some Starbucks!

Something I know we will do before lunch (if we didnít have time to do it the day before, and even if we did, weíll probably do it again!) is:

The Tomorrowland Speedway!!! D thinks this is the ďbestest everĒ!!

I am hoping for a few more character visits. I asked D the other night which characters he wanted to see. He was definitely set on Mickey and Minnie (shocker!), Donald:

*Yes, this is Goofy from Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it! We didnít actually meet Goofy in MK last time, so we will be on that this time!

I asked if he would go with me to Tinkerbell, but he wasnít too thrilled with that plan.

I would also like to squeeze in Space Mountain if we could (on rider swap) so we could have the ride photos. What can I say? We are doing the PhotoPass+, so Iím all about the ride photo!

After that, itíll be some more Fantasyland exploring and some shopping (but of course!!), and then we must also keep one of our Magic Kingdom traditions. What is it?? Iíll leave you guessing for now!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #98
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Plans are sounding great! Hope your hubby is feeling better. My girls are now sick...ugh. They have missed the first 2 days back at school after Christmas break.

Love your countdown! Do you just put it up on the wall, or do the pieces connect somehow? I think we will start our countdown at 30 days, but now that we can do online check-in at 60 days, maybe we will start it then!

I have NEVER seen the opening show. No one ever wants to get up early enough. That is changing this trip! We will not have another family with us to dictate what time we leave the resort! In fact, I have a RD planned at least once at each of the parks, but I am mostly looking forward to MK! Can't wait to see what else you have planned!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #99
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

My kids LOVE the Tomorrowland Speedway so I can relate. They have to go on it at least 4-5 times during a trip! This puts a serious wrinkle in our touring plans because the wait times do go up a bit during midday, so it's always nicer to go back-to-back in the mornings.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #100
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Hey Brooke...don't know how I missed your Christmas photos before....what a sweet gift for your Mom & Dad the kids look like they had so much fun together! and Santa did great on the gift choices! your mom's tree is very pretty, think she likes snowmen!
love the countdown MH's! your getting closer to starting them!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #101
StitchIsOurHero

Hi everyone!!! I'll be back tonight to do some replies, but I just wanted to say:

IT'S 70 DAYS TODAY!!!!

Woohooo!!! Happy Thursday, everyone!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #102
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Hi everyone!!! I'll be back tonight to do some replies, but I just wanted to say:

IT'S 70 DAYS TODAY!!!!

That is AWESOME!!!! I am behind, as usual, but it looks like I logged in on a great day to dance with you!!!

LOVE your Countdown Calendar! AMAZING!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #103
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:

IT'S 70 DAYS TODAY!!!!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #104
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Plans are sounding great! Hope your hubby is feeling better. My girls are now sick...ugh. They have missed the first 2 days back at school after Christmas break.

Love your countdown! Do you just put it up on the wall, or do the pieces connect somehow? I think we will start our countdown at 30 days, but now that we can do online check-in at 60 days, maybe we will start it then!

I have NEVER seen the opening show. No one ever wants to get up early enough. That is changing this trip! We will not have another family with us to dictate what time we leave the resort! In fact, I have a RD planned at least once at each of the parks, but I am mostly looking forward to MK! Can't wait to see what else you have planned!
Hi! Brian is finally feeling better, but doesn't have all of his energy. We got more antibiotic, and then a phone call from the dr telling us that it was pneumonia! He is recovering, though! I hope yours is feeling better too!! I hope the girls feel better soon too!!

We have a posterboard on the door with squares on it. That way, D can match the number on the poster to the number of the square. . I will post pics this weekend!

The opening show is the BEST at MK! I love it so much!! We are morning people, so we love to see it, but We always miss Wishes because we're not "night" people. Hoping we can flip it around!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
My kids LOVE the Tomorrowland Speedway so I can relate. They have to go on it at least 4-5 times during a trip! This puts a serious wrinkle in our touring plans because the wait times do go up a bit during midday, so it's always nicer to go back-to-back in the mornings.
Oh yes. . .it never seems to matter what the wait time is for that one! We're in line no matter what!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #105
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Hey Brooke...don't know how I missed your Christmas photos before....what a sweet gift for your Mom & Dad the kids look like they had so much fun together! and Santa did great on the gift choices! your mom's tree is very pretty, think she likes snowmen!
love the countdown MH's! your getting closer to starting them!
Awww thanks!! We were so glad they liked it! Yes, mom LOVES her snowmen .

Yep, the countdown calendar went up today! I will have pics to share this weekend!! I haven't gotten to read your Haiti report yet--can't wait to do that!! I am so happy y'all made it home safely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
That is AWESOME!!!! I am behind, as usual, but it looks like I logged in on a great day to dance with you!!!

LOVE your Countdown Calendar! AMAZING!!!
Hi!! no worries about being behind. . .i'm always behind! Thanks for dancing with me! Starting to get super duper excited here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Thank you!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: