Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #31
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

cute photos with Santa you'd think he'd be okay talking with him since he does it at Disney with the characters.

we are very excited for the dance trip...and the Premiere AP too, makes much better since $$ wise and we will get a bonus trip in 2014 too
I hope to start the PTR on Wed....going to scrap all day today to finish our Aug trip and tomorrow I'm at school to volunteer.

got it started today...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028844

Last edited by mommy2mrb; 12-03-2012 at 03:37 PM.
mommy2mrb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #32
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
cute photos with Santa you'd think he'd be okay talking with him since he does it at Disney with the characters.

we are very excited for the dance trip...and the Premiere AP too, makes much better since $$ wise and we will get a bonus trip in 2014 too
I hope to start the PTR on Wed....going to scrap all day today to finish our Aug trip and tomorrow I'm at school to volunteer.

got it started today...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028844
Love that you got your PTR started! 4 trips. . .YAY!!!

Yes, I've never figured out what it is about Santa that unnerves D. He loves the concept of Santa, but in person, it's not usually a great thing!

New planning update coming below!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #33
StitchIsOurHero

Day 1 Dining!

Ok, it probably goes without saying, given that we’re doing Club Level, Deluxe Dining, and a cruise, but we LOVE food. I really do! Not in an unhealthy way. . .though I could stand to lose a few pounds, to be sure, but I just love to have good food!

So picking our dining is always so much fun for us! We start to plan that on the way home from a previous trip as well.

On Day 1, since we will get to Wilderness Lodge around lunch time (or a little before), we will probably do lunch at Roaring Forks. I know that’s a sort of waste of a credit that could be table service, but we LOVED it last time. I am hoping it is pulled pork flatbread day, because that was yummalicious!

I don’t know what we’ll eat. . .I liked everything last time! I can guarantee, though, that D will have chicken tenders and fries! He loves them!!

Dinner that night is at a new favorite of ours. . .Fulton’s!! We have an ADR for 5:30, which is late enough to make up time if our room is late opening, but also early enough that we can get in bed a little early after driving all night.

We ate there for the first time on our June 2012 trip, and we immediately fell in love with it. I will have this again:

It’s crabcakes on fried green tomatoes! Yummalicous!

Brian had this last time, and I would bet on a repeat performance:

D will probably stick to his usual chicken and fries, though I did manage to get him to eat some fruit here last time! We’ll hope for the best!!

I am definitely looking forward to this meal, and I am so excited that we can try it again!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #34
mommy2mrb

thanks for stopping by at my PTR...yup 4 trips, but then we will be done probably until spring break 2015 for Megan's 15th bday trip, hopefully we can meet up then!!!

day one food choices look very yummy! I need to start working on our list for WDW!

maybe D doesn't like Santa's beard
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #35
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Good preparation for the drive to MK/WL!!!!

I'm so glad the kids have Ipods now.. we don't hear from them on our drives!
Now that we have 4 drivers we can pull later drive days...

Can't wait to hear more!!!

Off to see Lisa's PTR!

As for Santa, C despised visiting him.. I have 1 photo of him and he was screaming... never had him go back.. he would wave and send a note with PJ... If not visiting meant he did not receive Christmas he was okay with that... He was skiddish around people in costumes... luckily he was never that way with the Disney characters!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #36
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
thanks for stopping by at my PTR...yup 4 trips, but then we will be done probably until spring break 2015 for Megan's 15th bday trip, hopefully we can meet up then!!!

day one food choices look very yummy! I need to start working on our list for WDW!

maybe D doesn't like Santa's beard
That's terrific about the 4 trips. . .though it is amazing to think about Megan being 15 so "soon"!!!

I LOVE Disney food! It's always so fun to plan the list!

The beard may be the thing, though I'm not sure. He's really not much for "face" characters at all, so that may be what's up with Santa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96 View Post
Good preparation for the drive to MK/WL!!!!

I'm so glad the kids have Ipods now.. we don't hear from them on our drives!
Now that we have 4 drivers we can pull later drive days...

Can't wait to hear more!!!

Off to see Lisa's PTR!

As for Santa, C despised visiting him.. I have 1 photo of him and he was screaming... never had him go back.. he would wave and send a note with PJ... If not visiting meant he did not receive Christmas he was okay with that... He was skiddish around people in costumes... luckily he was never that way with the Disney characters!
Yep, I think I may hook D up with my Ipod on the way down! At least until he falls asleep! Brian and I talked about it, and we are hoping to be on the road by 1:15 am. . .hoping that will help D sleep better on the way!

That's too funny that C was like that about Santa, too! D is quite happy for someone else to pass along his wishes to Santa! Just so he doesn't have to sit up there by himself!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #37
mommy2mrb

I know so hard to believe how fast she's growing up still like seeing the little girl in her peak in once in awhile
we love eating at Disney too! heck no dishes, no cooking is always a plus to me
Old 12-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #38
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
I know so hard to believe how fast she's growing up still like seeing the little girl in her peak in once in awhile
we love eating at Disney too! heck no dishes, no cooking is always a plus to me
I totally agree with you about no cooking and no dishes!! Definitely the way to go! My only problem is that when we come home, I'm still thinking, "Hey, wait! There's no where to just go and get something!!"

Update coming below....
Old 12-07-2012, 04:31 AM   #39
StitchIsOurHero

I have to admit, Christmas is one of my very, very favorite times of the year! I love everything about it! I used to really stress myself out during this time of year, but this year, I read something that really stuck with me. Gretchen Rubin (the lady who wrote “The Happiness Project”) wrote an article in Good Housekeeping about Christmas. She said that she, too, used to really stress out, until she began thinking of it as “no investment, no return”. I really like that! I love to enjoy all of the holidays, and D’s reaction, plus the love and laughter of family, so if it means a little more work to make it happen, then let’s do it!

Ok, little motivational aside over. In keeping with that, though, I’ve tried to plan a few new traditions, as well as to repeat some older ones for this year.

This was one of our new ones. On December 1st, we took D to the Santa Breakfast put on by the PTO at his school (his daycare is located in the Primary School). He was SO excited!

I’m not really sure which was more exciting—the fact that Momma & Daddy were BOTH with him at his school or that he got to eat breakfast and see Santa!

We all had a good time, and it was a great new tradition!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #40
mommy2mrb

that's what I don't like about vacation be over, is back to reality and cooking/cleaning ...

great you aren't feeling the stress of Christmas...I always try to have it done early so I can relax and enjoy the last couple weeks before hand!

cute photos from the santa breakfast! nice to see D's scrunchy nose smiles again

FYI - I posted some memory lane Disney photos on my PTR
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #41
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
that's what I don't like about vacation be over, is back to reality and cooking/cleaning ...

great you aren't feeling the stress of Christmas...I always try to have it done early so I can relax and enjoy the last couple weeks before hand!

cute photos from the santa breakfast! nice to see D's scrunchy nose smiles again

FYI - I posted some memory lane Disney photos on my PTR
I think the "having it done early" plan is definitely the way to go!! that way, it's not as crazy closer to time!

Yes, D's scrunchy face appears still from time to time!

LOVE the memory lane photos!!! So wonderful! That's what I love about Disney memories. . .they just make your heart happy!!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #42
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

All caught up now! Very jealous of your Disney cruise. DW has major sea sickness issues, so we haven't even attempted a cruise of any kind. Once the kids get a little older, we may give it a go.

I had some difference of opinions with DD6 as well with our lodging plans for our upcoming trip in January. I was leaning for AKL once the discounts became available, but DD really had her heart set on AoA - Finding Nemo Suites. So despite my best efforts to promote AKL, we will be staying at AoA which I'm still very excited about!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #43
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Joining in! You have so much excitement - I love it! (It reminds me a little of myself lol) Your son is so cute, and always seems to smile for the camera. Your plans sound great so far - Club level, cruising, WDW… some of my favourite things. I look forward to reading more!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #44
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
All caught up now! Very jealous of your Disney cruise. DW has major sea sickness issues, so we haven't even attempted a cruise of any kind. Once the kids get a little older, we may give it a go.

I had some difference of opinions with DD6 as well with our lodging plans for our upcoming trip in January. I was leaning for AKL once the discounts became available, but DD really had her heart set on AoA - Finding Nemo Suites. So despite my best efforts to promote AKL, we will be staying at AoA which I'm still very excited about!
Hi! Welcome!!! I have major motion sickness issues (car sickness, even those motion rides), but cruises never bother me. I sometimes wonder if it's that I eat so much on a cruise my stomach is too busy dealing with that?? I hope you'll be able to do a cruise with your DW sometime! They are great!

I'm glad someone else's child has strong opinions on the resort! I am feeling quite certain that if D has his way, we'll never stay anywhere except WL (not that that's a bad thing!). I am excited for y'all to stay at AoA! I can't wait to see the pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Joining in! You have so much excitement - I love it! (It reminds me a little of myself lol) Your son is so cute, and always seems to smile for the camera. Your plans sound great so far - Club level, cruising, WDW… some of my favourite things. I look forward to reading more!
Hi!! Welcome!! Yes, I am ALL about the excitement!! That's part of the reason I have to have a PTR. . .to contain some of it (or to at least have another outlet for it so DH doesn't have to hear it all the time!). Thanks for the compliments about D! I think we've taken so many pics of him that he's just used to it. He now has one of those little toy cameras and he will hold it up and say, "Let me see your smile!!! Smile for the camera!" We've never done Club level before, but I am definitely certain it will become one of my favorite things with WDW and cruising!! Thanks for following along!!

Ok, y'all. . .there should be another update coming tomorrow!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #45
StitchIsOurHero

Yay! Day 2 plans! I hope we will have rested the night before, because I am ready for a big day on this day!

We will be getting up sort of early, because we have to make an 8:30 ADR (more on that in the dining part). Ok, here’s the info on the tickets. As I said earlier, we had bought parkhoppers originally. This was supposed to be our AK morning (my favorite park). After we started talking about it, though, we realized that there was SO much we wanted to see at MK with all of the new stuff. So, we changed our tickets to 2-day base tickets, and we’ll be at MK both days! This is definitely D’s favorite park, so we are looking forward to two fun-filled days!

Before our ADR’s, of course, there will have to be CASTLE PICS!! I mean, who can skip those??

I have a MK Wish-List for our two days. . .filled with the new stuff and with our favorite things. I don’t know if we’ll get it all done, but I’d love to! Things I KNOW D will want to do (and we will want to do) the first day are:

Dumbo

D fell in love with this in June, so he is all about riding it again.

After that, it’ll definitely be another ride on The Great Goofini:

D gave it two thumbs up last time, and I know he’ll love it again this time!!

The other thing that we will DEFINITELY have to be prepared to do is the Casey Jr. Splash Area!

This opened about 2 weeks after we went in June 2012, so we missed it last time. D LOVES water areas, so I’m hoping he will love this one too. Must make a mental note to take extra clothes. . .gee, those water areas interfere with my matching outfit plans!

The other must-do for us on any (and every!) MK day is the Mickey and Minnie meet-and-greet:

For some reason, D just thinks this is FABULOUS! He wants to do it again and again!!

We are also hoping to really explore the New Fantasyland—I am a Beauty and the Beast freak. . .hello, she’s a princess who READS!! Love it!!

I cannot wait to see that area, and the Little Mermaid area as well!

*photo from AllEars

Now, by that time, if not before, it will probably be lunch time! More info about that later!

After lunch, as keeping with our normal plan, it’ll be back to Wilderness Lodge for some down time. I’m hoping that includes a nap, but we’ll see!

There are more plans for this day, but we’ll do some after-nap plans in the next update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: