Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #271
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Our 10-day date fell on this past Monday! With the time changing over the weekend, we were all pretty tired and draggy (this time change ALWAYS does that to me!). Can’t believe this was our final “set of 10” countdown night!!

First up? Change the refrigerator calendar, of course!!

Then, it was off to put up the countdown square before work!

How many days is it??

Of course, Daddy needs to be in a pic too!

After a great day of work, we were all ready to crash. No big plans for tonight—we just had hot dogs and chili, and D had chicken and fries!

My little guy was so excited to celebrate 10 days!!

Now, we are in the single digits and I am SO excited!!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #272
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Now you have entered my favorite part of the pre-vacation. During this time I love to start thinking about how this time next week I will be doing "x". This is when it really starts to feel attainable. I am so excited for you!!

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #273
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Ch-Ch-Ch-CHANGES!!!

Ok, REALLY?? Who makes changes to a trip of this size the week out? Well. . .evidently US!!

I did a project for work this week that no one else wanted to do. So my awesome boss told me I could use it to take time off sometime. She said, "in fact, don't you want to leave early for Disney? You could leave half a day Wednesday." I laughed about it with Brian, and we knew we couldn't do it because he had review meetings that day. That was Wednesday night.

Yesterday morning, Bri calls me at work and tells me they moved the reviews to today, and now we are leaving for the trip on WEDNESDAY AT LUNCH!!!!!

We are going to stay at the Doubletree on Wednesday night (in DTD) since we won't get there until 10 pm or so. We've never done the "drive during the day" thing, so I hope it works out, but I am SO excited!!!!
on getting to WDW early!
my tips on driving during the day....bring LOTS of snacks for D, maybe a couple "new" little things...do you have a DVD player? movies will keep him occupied, his favorite snuggle buddy, blanket for napping in the car!

love your 10 day countdown photos, you all look so excited

thanks for the good luck on swimsuit shopping, ya its not a favorite of ours either her BFF will be with us too so hopefully that will help with the decision making!

have a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #274
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

That's so awesome that you eventually got an extra day at Disney!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #275
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
on getting to WDW early!
my tips on driving during the day....bring LOTS of snacks for D, maybe a couple "new" little things...do you have a DVD player? movies will keep him occupied, his favorite snuggle buddy, blanket for napping in the car!

love your 10 day countdown photos, you all look so excited

thanks for the good luck on swimsuit shopping, ya its not a favorite of ours either her BFF will be with us too so hopefully that will help with the decision making!

have a wonderful weekend!!!
Swimsuit shopping is blech, but with a BFF, it may be better!! Hope it goes well!!

Those are great tips for the car. . .we will definitely put those into practice! I have all of his fave movies (of which he insists there are 42 bajillion) gathered up and ready to go!! We are beside ourselves with excitement!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
That's so awesome that you eventually got an extra day at Disney!
I know. . .it's funny how it worked out like that!! It's like my evil plan worked. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
Now you have entered my favorite part of the pre-vacation. During this time I love to start thinking about how this time next week I will be doing "x". This is when it really starts to feel attainable. I am so excited for you!!
We do that too!!! Always on the way to work, "this time next week, we'll be. . ." CAN'T WAIT!!

Thanks, everyone, for letting me share our excitement!!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #276
Timon

DIS Junkie

Here you go Brooke

By the way, these are not my pics but as a Disney TA, I collect pics of DCL rooms so I know all the best rooms

And on leaving early!!!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #277
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Swimsuit shopping is blech, but with a BFF, it may be better!! Hope it goes well!!

Those are great tips for the car. . .we will definitely put those into practice! I have all of his fave movies (of which he insists there are 42 bajillion) gathered up and ready to go!! We are beside ourselves with excitement!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend too!

I know. . .it's funny how it worked out like that!! It's like my evil plan worked. . .

We do that too!!! Always on the way to work, "this time next week, we'll be. . ." CAN'T WAIT!!

Thanks, everyone, for letting me share our excitement!!

we found a swimsuit not exactly what she wanted, but it fit good and she was happy with it!

wow 42 bajillion, that's a lot of movies I learned the trip tips early on with megan since we flew so much, would keep back a couple small toys from xmas or bdays or get something from the $ store and wrap them up for the trips!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #278
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ch-Ch-Ch-CHANGES!!!

Ok, REALLY?? Who makes changes to a trip of this size the week out? Well. . .evidently US!!

I did a project for work this week that no one else wanted to do. So my awesome boss told me I could use it to take time off sometime. She said, "in fact, don't you want to leave early for Disney? You could leave half a day Wednesday." I laughed about it with Brian, and we knew we couldn't do it because he had review meetings that day. That was Wednesday night.

Yesterday morning, Bri calls me at work and tells me they moved the reviews to today, and now we are leaving for the trip on WEDNESDAY AT LUNCH!!!!!

We are going to stay at the Doubletree on Wednesday night (in DTD) since we won't get there until 10 pm or so. We've never done the "drive during the day" thing, so I hope it works out, but I am SO excited!!!!
Congrats on leaving early! You will like the doubletree. We always stay there our first night since we drive during the day. They have an awesome breakfast buffet.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #279
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Here you go Brooke

By the way, these are not my pics but as a Disney TA, I collect pics of DCL rooms so I know all the best rooms

And on leaving early!!!
A big THANKS, Cass!!!! These pics made us so excited!! I didn't know what to expect, and these really help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we found a swimsuit not exactly what she wanted, but it fit good and she was happy with it!

wow 42 bajillion, that's a lot of movies I learned the trip tips early on with megan since we flew so much, would keep back a couple small toys from xmas or bdays or get something from the $ store and wrap them up for the trips!
Yes, 42 bajillion!! I do that "keep stuff back" thing too. I have been told that Mickey will deliver a package for D on Tuesday night with some trip stuff for Wednesday! So glad you found a swimsuit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Congrats on leaving early! You will like the doubletree. We always stay there our first night since we drive during the day. They have an awesome breakfast buffet.
It's funny--I had never thought about staying there, etc, until I read your PTR. See, we learn SO much from the DIS!! So glad you mentioned the breakfast buffet. . .I wasn't sure if they had breakfast there or not. Is it in the restaurant? Do you remember about how much it was per person? I just like to have it all divided out before we go!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #280
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Yes, 42 bajillion!! I do that "keep stuff back" thing too. I have been told that Mickey will deliver a package for D on Tuesday night with some trip stuff for Wednesday! So glad you found a swimsuit!!

I'm sure you have them in alphabetical order too :

that Mickey sure it a nice guy knows how to keep his little buddies happy!

not as glad as I am! she's so hard to fit with them anymore...although only almost 13 she doesn't fit it most of the juniors styles, not quite what she was hoping for but when you're shopping for suits in March you have to take what you can get

have fun this weekend getting everything together! its almost time to go to WDW
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #281
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Is it in the restaurant? Do you remember about how much it was per person? I just like to have it all divided out before we go!
The breakfast is in the restaurant and it is a full breakfast buffet including omelet stations and waffle bar. The cost is $17.95 for adult and children eat free.

I am the same way about having everything divided out
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #282
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I LOVED the pics of the cruise room!

blessedmom4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #283
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

I LOVED the pics of the cruise room!

Me too!!!! And a big Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #284
StitchIsOurHero

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, everyone!! May it be a terrific day full of luck, love, and laughter!!

D & I wore some St. Patrick's Day stuff to school on Friday. . .you know, you just have to work that in when it lands on a weekend! As we were taking pics, I realized that since we had added a night, it was alsou our FIVE DAY COUNTDOWN!!! So, here we are putting up the square!:

(we're on the bottom row now!! )

My little man. . .definitely LUCKY to have him!

A picture together. . .when I saw my mom later that day, she said, "You ARE aware the nothing you have on matches, right? I said, 'yep, got that!'"

And a picture of my two favorite guys (Brian forgot to get his green out, and then it was too late to change!!

Have a terrific day, everyone!!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #285
StitchIsOurHero

Yesterday, we did all of our packing, except the toiletries and stuff that we will use before we go! Thank goodness I had made lots of lists beforehand, because my brain was scattered yesterday, and I couldn't think! It took us about 2 1/2 hours to pack:

The Land Part:

The Cruise Part:

And the bored little boy who did not like that packing took as long as it did!

On today's agenda? Getting D a haircut, a St. Patty's day lunch celebration, and getting the rest of the pre-trip cleaning done! Better get to it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: