Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #211
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

I hope we have good weather at CC too. . .it is the day I am most looking forward to! just to relax on the beach will be wonderful!

3 weeks from today is my last working day before the trip!! Getting closer!! Another update coming tomorrow! Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 AM   #212
StitchIsOurHero

Ahh. . .3 weeks from today at this time (5:30 am), we will be about 4 hours away (including stopping for breakfast) from WDW!!! I thought I'd throw another real-life update in here, just for fun! more Disney updates coming this weekend!

Another Fun Weekend Update!

This past weekend, we went back up to the condo in Pigeon Forge to spend an evening with my mom and dad (who were also staying there).

D was SO excited!

First mission. . .make sure the remote still works!

A pic of the view. . .

After that, we decided we’d try out the pool, since we didn’t get to last time. D was ALL ABOUT that plan!!

First, he tried out the kiddie pool. Splashing Daddy in there was lots of fun!

Then he decided to put his new life jacket on and get in the big pool.

He had SO much fun—I guess we got to swim for about 30 minutes or so.

After that, we came back to the condo to get ready for dinner. We ordered those new Pizza Hut Sliders. . .very good! Mom decided to make a salad to go with it. However, Dad had put all of the bowls in the dishwasher, so I had to get a pic of her “salad in a skillet”:

D thought it was great fun, after dinner, to play in the cabinets:

We had a great, relaxing night! It was fun to just sort of “get away” for an evening!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #213
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great weekend! You're getting so close! Which only means I'm getting closer to our next trip too. 11 more months to go.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #214
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hope you get great weather at CC too!

D looks like he had great fun at the condo!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #215
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I hope we have good CC weather too!!! I plan on getting room service for breakfast that day and getting off at 8:30am. I figure we can sleep when we get back to WDW since I live in the area and DBF has an annual pass haha.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #216
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Sounds like a great weekend! You're getting so close! Which only means I'm getting closer to our next trip too. 11 more months to go.
I just think you need to plan one sooner!! But at least when I come back from my trip, you'll be closer than me to the next trips! I always am glad I can add a ticker (when we book another trip), but dislike when it goes back to 11 months or whatever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hope you get great weather at CC too!

D looks like he had great fun at the condo!
He sure did!! Left you a note on your PTR, but I hope you have an AWESOME time at DL!!! Have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I hope we have good CC weather too!!! I plan on getting room service for breakfast that day and getting off at 8:30am. I figure we can sleep when we get back to WDW since I live in the area and DBF has an annual pass haha.
Sounds like a good plan to me! I hadn't thought about room service. I was thinking Cabanas. We might do the room service plan too!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #217
StitchIsOurHero

20 DAYS!!!!! 20 DAYS!!! 20 DAYS!!!

Or, since it's March 1st, "we are going to Disney THIS MONTH!!" Both of those are good Friday motivation!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #218
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on being in your trip month. The single digits are just around the corner. Can't wait to read about plans for Castaway Cay day!
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #219
StitchIsOurHero

Thank you!! I am hoping to catch up on your PTRs this weekend!!

Another update coming below. . .a little Disney shopping!!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #220
StitchIsOurHero

Getting My Disney Ready!

Ok, you know how it goes. . .you just gotta have the Disney purchases! You know, those pre-trip items that you so *NEED* to make the trip even more awesome!

I thought I would share some of ours, just so maybe y’all have some too and I wouldn’t feel so alone!

I have a co-worker that sells 31, so I had a party for her this January. I got lots of fun stuff for the trip like:

My beachy tote! Doesn’t this just scream, “Carry your stuff in me onto the ship!” Brian says that’s not what he thinks it screams, but oh well!

Just have to support my VOLS on vacation! So, I had to have this one too! (Love those freebies for having a party!)

This is actually one Brian picked out for me! It’s my “Princess” bag! I also have a Minnie-ish red and white polka dot scarf to tie on it!

Ok, enough bags (which coincidentally is what Bri said!). Here are some of our other fun purchases:

I ordered D the Toy Story swimsuit when I saw it online. Then, HE spotted the Jake one in the store, so we had to get them both:

He also found the adorable Buzz and Woody tees, so we came home with them too (thank goodness for the Friends and Family sale!!):

Brian and I did not come away empty-handed from that sale, either. We got these:

Then, my friend who makes shirts made us these awesome ones for our “Birthday Bash”:

I am also hoping we can wear them in August for D’s “real” birthday!!

I have also bought the miscellaneous items—bandaids, sharpies, highlighters, etc. I am slowly marking off my “shopping for the trip” list!! 19 days to go!

Ok, that’s it for all of the Disney purchase goodness!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #221
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Those are some great buys!!! I bought one 31 backpack last year from a girl I work with and took it to WDW for a day and it was torn like you wouldn't believe. Meanwhile, I've had backpacks from both VB and WDW too that have lasted longer than a day I'm thinking maybe I needed something more durable for a park haha.

I FINALLY GOT MY LUGGAGE TAGS!!!!!!!!!! They were post marked on the 28th and mailed from Lake Buena Vista..I got them the next day. Go Figure. Where the original package with the book went, I have no idea but at least I have tags! Have a great Saturday!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #222
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Great purchases. It was so much easier to disney up my DS when he was younger. It is getting much harder now that he is 8 but I am still determined.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #223
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love your beachy tote! It does scream "take your stuff on the ship in me"! Men simply don't get it.

Those Jake swim trunks are adorable. Thank goodness for the friends and family sale indeed.

Only 19 days! You must be so excited!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #224
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Those are some great buys!!! I bought one 31 backpack last year from a girl I work with and took it to WDW for a day and it was torn like you wouldn't believe. Meanwhile, I've had backpacks from both VB and WDW too that have lasted longer than a day I'm thinking maybe I needed something more durable for a park haha.

I FINALLY GOT MY LUGGAGE TAGS!!!!!!!!!! They were post marked on the 28th and mailed from Lake Buena Vista..I got them the next day. Go Figure. Where the original package with the book went, I have no idea but at least I have tags! Have a great Saturday!
I am so glad your luggage tags came!!! That's pretty quick service for the ones you had to request again!

I haven't had any issues with tearing my 31 backpacks, but who knows?? That might happen this time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Great purchases. It was so much easier to disney up my DS when he was younger. It is getting much harder now that he is 8 but I am still determined.
I know--I dread the day when it's harder to Disneyfy him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love your beachy tote! It does scream "take your stuff on the ship in me"! Men simply don't get it.

Those Jake swim trunks are adorable. Thank goodness for the friends and family sale indeed.

Only 19 days! You must be so excited!
Yep, I am like this: I am so glad the tote screams to you, too! I will tell Bri that someone else understands! That friends and family sale was just the thing--LOVE it!!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #225
StitchIsOurHero

A Weekend Good Time!

This past Friday (on our 20 days out date), we had a fun night! Brian, D, and I took my mom out to dinner, and then Mom and I went to see Martina McBride and George Strait in concert! I am a big fan of country music in general (I know. . .it's not for everyone!), and I am a HUGE fan of George Strait. This was his "The Cowboy Rides Away" farewell tour.

We bought our seats in October, thinking my dad would go with us. He decided not to (he was really tired from work), so we just used the seat for our coats. We had GREAT seats (thanks, Brian, for picking them out!!) Just thought I'd share a few pics:

Martina (during "I Have Been Blessed". . .my favorite of her songs!)

And then George. . . ("Here For A Good Time")

They even sang 2 "oldies" together: "We Got Married In a Fever":

And "Golden Rings":

George performed for 1 ½ hours. . .it was TERRIFIC!!

From my personal favorite, near the end "Troubador". . .my favorite line is "I still feel 25, most of the time. I still raise a little cain with the boys." Sounds like my life

Ok, if you're not a country music fan, that was the most boring update ever! But it was such a fun night!! Next up. . .Castaway Cay plans!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: