Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #151
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hopefully since you will be in the first group they will be able to take an extra photo!

you should have a lot of time to just explore and get a feel of the ship...I'd get the CD too!
Megan was almost 5 when we went on the Magic and we made her a deal...if she had a healthy breakfast she could eat whatever she wanted for the rest of the day....she was so happy with that! ate ice cream and frenchfries for lunch and snack everyday! dinner she did eat what they had on the menu! but LOTS of ice cream too!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #152
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Ok, now that I've gotten over my post-Disney blues, I've been able to catch up on your PTR.

Isn't that the best feeling when you find an elusive ADR?

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #153
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

So excited that you are up to the Cruise part of your trip. We are doing Park/Cruise/Park for our September trip. It will be our first Disney criuse so interested to see your plans.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #154
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hopefully since you will be in the first group they will be able to take an extra photo!

you should have a lot of time to just explore and get a feel of the ship...I'd get the CD too!
Megan was almost 5 when we went on the Magic and we made her a deal...if she had a healthy breakfast she could eat whatever she wanted for the rest of the day....she was so happy with that! ate ice cream and frenchfries for lunch and snack everyday! dinner she did eat what they had on the menu! but LOTS of ice cream too!
I like that "healthy breakfast" plan! I may steal that for D! He's just excited that they have chicken tenders ALL THE TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Ok, now that I've gotten over my post-Disney blues, I've been able to catch up on your PTR.

Isn't that the best feeling when you find an elusive ADR?
Yes, I felt like the Disney "queen" when I scored an ADR!!! I can't wait to read your trip report!! See. . .if we keep up the right schedule, one of us should have a PTR or TR going all the time. That just means you need another trip like in June or so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
So excited that you are up to the Cruise part of your trip. We are doing Park/Cruise/Park for our September trip. It will be our first Disney criuse so interested to see your plans.
I am so excited about the cruise!! We haven't been in 8 years, and D has never been, so it will be great!! I am excited to read about your cruise plans, too!!

Ok, 50 day update coming below!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #155
StitchIsOurHero

50 Day Countdown:

Last Wednesday, January 30th, was our 50 Days til Disney countdown!! I had had a really neat plan in place, but it didn’t work. Go figure! It had been a crazy week at work, and we were just all run down. Plus, the weather was pure ick, so we all had the gloomies!!

How to beat the gloomies?? By planning for Disney of course!!

The changed refrigerator calendar (a big deal to us, since it started at 400 + days!):

Putting up the “50” square on the countdown calendar before school!

Tonight was our “Gaspard and Lisa” night. “Gaspard and Lisa” is a show on Disney Junior, and D LOVES it!!

We made biscuits and bacon (yes, so very French. . .it was supposed to be croissants, and D decided he HAD to have biscuits! ). Then we watched D’s favorite “Gaspard and Lisa” and then, of course, “Sofia the First”! It was definitely a Disney-immersed night, even though it didn’t end up like the original plan!

The guys showing me how many days it is!!

Under 50 days now!! SOOOO Excited!!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #156
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Yes, I felt like the Disney "queen" when I scored an ADR!!! I can't wait to read your trip report!! See. . .if we keep up the right schedule, one of us should have a PTR or TR going all the time. That just means you need another trip like in June or so!!
Oh how I wish I could go back in June! Although may not be too fond of the crowd levels and the heat, but I would still take it.

I posted my obligatory travel day update on my TR a couple of days ago. Been going through all of the pictures makes me miss it already.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your cruise! Been very curious about it but DW has issues with sea sickness so it may be awhile before we attempt it. At least not until the kids get a little older.

You're getting closer and closer to your trip!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #157
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Less than 2 months to go!! So exciting. Your cruise plans look great. I always look at menus - even if I don't know when my trip is going to be

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #158
StitchIsOurHero

I'll do replies tonight, but I just wanted to share a little progress I made on the trip this weekend:

1. Paid off the room package balance!!
2. Ordered PhotoPass+!
3. Did online checkin!!!

So excited that it makes the trip seem even closer!! Let's get this week going!!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #159
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Oh how I wish I could go back in June! Although may not be too fond of the crowd levels and the heat, but I would still take it.

I posted my obligatory travel day update on my TR a couple of days ago. Been going through all of the pictures makes me miss it already.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your cruise! Been very curious about it but DW has issues with sea sickness so it may be awhile before we attempt it. At least not until the kids get a little older.

You're getting closer and closer to your trip!
I am loving your TR so far--D was fascinated by your pics of AoA!! I am not a major fan of going in June, either. . .but a trip to WDW always works!! I will let you know about the cruise--we are super-excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Less than 2 months to go!! So exciting. Your cruise plans look great. I always look at menus - even if I don't know when my trip is going to be
Yep! I check out every menu! Brian says he prefers to "be surprised"!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #160
StitchIsOurHero

Favorites!!!

Since it’s getting so close, we are starting to really talk up the trip!! I thought it would be fun to just talk about some of our favorites. . .and I want to hear what yours are as well!!

For rides and attractions, I’m going to stick mostly to MK since that is where we’ll be this trip!!

My favs:

Ride: Hmm. . .it’s a toss-up! I think my very very favorite ride, though, is Haunted Mansion! I don’t get to ride it as much since we had D (it would terrify him).

Character: I love them all!! I am especially fond of Mickey and Donald! I guess my favorite is Stitch, and my favorite princesses are Mulan and Belle!

Restaurant: Ok, out of the MK for this one. . .my favorite Disney restaurant probably is ‘Ohana. There’s just something peaceful about that place. . .even in all of the loud noise!!

Park: My favorite park is Animal Kingdom. . .even though we’re not going there this time!

Dalton’s favs:

Ride: D’s favorite ride is definitely Dumbo! He’s all about getting to ride that again. His 2nd favorite is Tomorrowland Speedway!

Character: He pretty much loves all of them—EXCEPT for the princesses/princes. He does not like the “face” characters at all. . .including Lilo! His very favorites, though, are Donald and Mickey!

Restaurant: Anywhere that serves chicken!! That’s sadly true! However, if he had to pick, Chef Mickey’s is his fav!

Park: Definitely Magic Kingdom!

Bri’s favs:

Ride: Pirates of the Caribbean! Though he’s like me, he hasn’t gotten to ride it much since we had D. However, we’re going to make sure he gets to ride it this time! His other favorite thing is Mickey’s Philharmagic!

Character: Donald! Definitely Donald. . .followed closely by Stitch!

Restaurant: Cape May is his favorite, but he also loves ‘Ohana!

Park: Disney’s Hollywood Studios

We are hoping to make lots more memories and have lots of time with our favorites this trip! What are some of your favorites that I just *need* to try??
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #161
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
I am loving your TR so far--D was fascinated by your pics of AoA!! I am not a major fan of going in June, either. . .but a trip to WDW always works!! I will let you know about the cruise--we are super-excited!!
Thanks! Have D check out my TR in a couple of posts and I'll have a lot more pictures of all the different sections at AoA - bet he'll get a kick out of the pics I got from the Cars suite section!

Like your selections for your favorites! MK is my favorite park too! Can't decide on a character since we've been pretty princess-centric until recently. Fav ride for me is Tower of Terror and I'm hoping that next time DD will feel brave enough to try it with me.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #162
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

looks like a fun 50 day even though you had the gloomies!

for paying off stuff and getting your PP+

love all your favorites....sounds like you a Brian need to do some child swap so you can ride your fav's this time!

our favorites - park Epcot!
restaurant - Les Chef's
ride - EE, BTMRR
characters - me Snow White, Goofy, Minnie, Mickey
megan - Belle, Goofy, Minnie

I got all our dining ressies made for Megan's bday trip and got everything we wanted! waiting on our 30 day window to book the tours and Fantasmic dessert party!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #163
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

We have been skipping some of our favorites the last few years also while we waited for DS to get to the point where he was ready to ride everything. I am hoping that will be the case this year with the exception of RnR which I know he will not be ready for.

Our favorites:
Park DHS
Restaurant - Counter = Pecos Bills; Table = Big River Grill
Characters - DH = Grumpy, DS = Buzz or any of the Star Wars Character
Me = Jiminy Cricket
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #164
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Thanks! Have D check out my TR in a couple of posts and I'll have a lot more pictures of all the different sections at AoA - bet he'll get a kick out of the pics I got from the Cars suite section!

Like your selections for your favorites! MK is my favorite park too! Can't decide on a character since we've been pretty princess-centric until recently. Fav ride for me is Tower of Terror and I'm hoping that next time DD will feel brave enough to try it with me.
Ooh, I will tell D! He will be all about it! Cars is a big family favorite! I also love Tower of Terror. . .much more than I ever thought I would! Good luck on getting DD To ride it!! So much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
looks like a fun 50 day even though you had the gloomies!

for paying off stuff and getting your PP+

love all your favorites....sounds like you a Brian need to do some child swap so you can ride your fav's this time!

our favorites - park Epcot!
restaurant - Les Chef's
ride - EE, BTMRR
characters - me Snow White, Goofy, Minnie, Mickey
megan - Belle, Goofy, Minnie

I got all our dining ressies made for Megan's bday trip and got everything we wanted! waiting on our 30 day window to book the tours and Fantasmic dessert party!
Love all of your favorites, except we have never tried Les Chef's!! I want to, though! Yay for getting the dining ressies!!! Now, come on tours and Fantasmic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
We have been skipping some of our favorites the last few years also while we waited for DS to get to the point where he was ready to ride everything. I am hoping that will be the case this year with the exception of RnR which I know he will not be ready for.

Our favorites:
Park DHS
Restaurant - Counter = Pecos Bills; Table = Big River Grill
Characters - DH = Grumpy, DS = Buzz or any of the Star Wars Character
Me = Jiminy Cricket
I bet your DS will be excited to ride everything this time, too!! I'm still not sure *I'm* ready for RnR! Although, I do ride it!! We also love Big River Grill. . .the Boardwalk atmosphere makes it for me!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #165
StitchIsOurHero

40 DAYS TIL DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm just a little excited!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: