Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #136
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Just read your entire PTR, I really enjoyed it.

Your little guy is so handsome!

Looking forward to reading more.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #137
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matkensgirl2000 View Post
My philosophy exactly. NOTHING adds insult to injury like a messy house after a trip to WDW. On top of all the laundry that needs to be cleaned and put away, who needs to add dishes to PDD (post Disney depression)?
That is exactly how I look at it! It makes coming home less "depressing" if the house is clean!! Plus, on this trip, Easter is the Sunday after we get home, so I really need it to be a fairly easy transition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Less than 60 days!! So exciting I cannot eat the salad at LTT either, I think it has something to do with onions for me though. I love your little snow adventure lol Poor guy looks awfully cold - and we don't even call that snow here
Yep!! We are so excited! Glad to know I'm not the only one with salad issues!! Yes, that's about as snowy as we get...don't know what we'd do with real snow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Just read your entire PTR, I really enjoyed it.

Your little guy is so handsome!

Looking forward to reading more.

Hi!! Welcome and thanks for reading along!! aww...thanks!! He is the light of our lives, for sure!!!

Ok, y'all, I hope to be back on tonight with another update, and then again tomorrow!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #138
StitchIsOurHero

Day 4 Morning Plans! :)

Day 4 Morning Plans (if you're a date person like me, we're at March 24!):

Woohooo. . .cruise day!! I know I will be super-duper, overly excited on this day! (As though that’s much different than normal. . .)

Originally, I had planned to just eat breakfast at Roaring Forks and then head out. We are early arrival people, and we have the first Port Arrival Time of 11 am!! We may try to get there a few minutes early, but we like to know we definitely have enough time to get there with no problems.

One day, though, while I was at work (shhhh. . .don’t tell!), I was checking Disney Dining, and lo and behold, there was a Chef Mickey’s reservation!! So, I called Brian at work and tried to sell him on the idea of that. He wasn’t thrilled about it, since he felt like that would make us feel like we HAD to get there and then HAD to get to the Port, like it’s rush rush rush!

However, I won out, and we have a 7:30 ADR at Chef Mickey’s on Sunday morning!

We LOVE Chef Mickey’s—love the food and the character interaction! We haven’t done breakfast there since December 2009 (we usually do dinner), but we are still excited. D loves the character interaction there too!

After breakfast, I have promised D that we will take a ride on the monorail—just around the monorail route.

I am *hoping* that we can be done with all of this and ready to leave the Contemporary by 9:30 or so. Then, it’s off to the Port!! Yay!

Disney Dream, here we come!!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #139
danicaca
Mouseketeer

The plans are really sounding good! Today is our 120 day mark, getting super excited! And seriously, every time I see pics of your little guy and his squinty smile face, it makes me smile, and even LOL! Love it!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #140
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

We are planning to leave the area around 9-9:30 so I think you will be fine! I forget your travel plans to get there but if you are taking your own car, do you have a sunpass? It is a life savor if you visit Orlando a lot and use toll roads to not have to sit in toll lines!!! I'm paranoid that it's on a Sunday and there will be beach traffic. We have 11am as well!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #141
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
The plans are really sounding good! Today is our 120 day mark, getting super excited! And seriously, every time I see pics of your little guy and his squinty smile face, it makes me smile, and even LOL! Love it!
I posted on your PTR, but you get dancing here too!! for 120 days!! That's awesome!!

Awww, thanks for your comments about D! He's such a mess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
We are planning to leave the area around 9-9:30 so I think you will be fine! I forget your travel plans to get there but if you are taking your own car, do you have a sunpass? It is a life savor if you visit Orlando a lot and use toll roads to not have to sit in toll lines!!! I'm paranoid that it's on a Sunday and there will be beach traffic. We have 11am as well!
Ok, good! I'm glad my time plans look ok--I have worried about that! We will be in our own car. . .how can I get a Sunpass? Urgh. . .hadn't thought about beach traffic!! Hoping it's all good!! I forgot you had the 11 am time too! Maybe we'll see each other in the terminal!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #142
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I would be so excited for the cruise I wouldn't want to eat at Chef Mickey that day...but since it is a favorite, I wouldn't want to miss it either...and who could resist wanting some more adorable pics of D??? You are all three very photogenic!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 AM   #143
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I would be so excited for the cruise I wouldn't want to eat at Chef Mickey that day...but since it is a favorite, I wouldn't want to miss it either...and who could resist wanting some more adorable pics of D??? You are all three very photogenic!
I probably will be too excited to eat, too!! Though. . .I'm not sure I've ever turned down food!

Thanks for the sweet compliment! I'm not sure we're photogenic, but we have a good time!! I hope your day is terrific!!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #144
StitchIsOurHero

A Little Weekend Update

So we had some more weird TN weather last week! We had an ice storm move in Thursday night, so we were out of school on Friday. D & I weren't going to complain!!

On Saturday, we headed up to Pigeon Forge to have dinner with my parents! They were staying in a condo, and D really loved checking it out!! We hope we'll get to stay there sometime soon!

Bri and my Dad relaxing!

D checking out the rooms (he was pretending the closet doors were monorails, and saying "please stand clear of the doors"!)

We visited the pool area, and promised D we'd use that if we got to come up again!

Then, of course, we had to check out the playground!

We had dinner at one of our favorite PF restaurants--where I ate fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, and fried fish. Bad for the diet, but OH SO GOOD!!

After we came back, D found the big bed and the remote!

It was a great weekend, and it definitely made me ready for our WDW getaway!! I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend as well!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #145
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Aww - what a great report so far! Dalton is such a cutie! Love the countdown and I covet your mug - WL is our favourite too! So looking forward to hearing about your cruise!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #146
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

for scoring Chef Mickeys on your last day! will be a fun way to start the day! will help make the time go quicker! love the photo of D and Brian on the monorail!
happy you got a fun getaway weekend up to PF..cute photos as always of Mr. D!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #147
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Aww - what a great report so far! Dalton is such a cutie! Love the countdown and I covet your mug - WL is our favourite too! So looking forward to hearing about your cruise!
Aww. . .thanks!! We are so excited!! yes, I LOVE that mug, too!! It's my very favorite! I have to get another one when we go this time, so I have one for BOTH weekend days! Thanks for reading along!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
for scoring Chef Mickeys on your last day! will be a fun way to start the day! will help make the time go quicker! love the photo of D and Brian on the monorail!
happy you got a fun getaway weekend up to PF..cute photos as always of Mr. D!
Thanks!! That's what I was thinking about CM's too!! And thank you--you know he's a camera guy!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #148
StitchIsOurHero

Just a little dancing here. . .

50 DAYS!!!!!! 50 DAYS!!!!

So, so, so excited!! I will pay off our resort part this weekend, and then it's just down to the little details and stuff at the end!! YAY!!!!!

There will definitely be a 50 day countdown celebration today too!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #149
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

for 50 days and paying off the trip!
can't wait to see what tonights celebration will be!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #150
StitchIsOurHero

Day 4 midday plans:

Ooooh!! Almost cruise time! Like I told y'all before, I was able to do online checkin on Christmas Eve (at midnight—yay!), and am still SO thrilled that we got the 11 am Port Arrival Time!

We hope to be arriving there about 10:30 am. . .I know that’s early and they may not let us in, but I’d rather be early than late! That’s just me!

Look out, Dream, here are the Stitchs!

*AllEars pic

We will unload, check in, turn our documents in, and explore the terminal. I have seen that there are sometimes characters in the terminal (that didn’t happen in 2005 when we went before), so I hope we can see some of them!

Then, just a little after that, it’ll be time to walk through these:

*pic from our 2005 DCL scrapbook. . .possible that it’s changed!!

Now, I have already decided that we are getting the Shutters CD (yes, I know—expensive, but I do SO love my pictures!!). That being said, we will definitely be stopping for the picture and hopefully be having an ever-so-lovely embarkation photo. I know you have to have one made any way, but I’d love to have one with D by himself too! We’ll see!

Just for fun. . .here’s our boarding pic from 2005!

I have read that they do lunch on the ship in both Enchanted Garden and at Cabanas. We are hoping to do Enchanted Garden just to sit in the quiet for a little bit. I am a complete dork and have already looked through the menus! Can’t wait to get some shrimp. . .and of course, tons of other goodies!

I am planning to pack our swimsuits in our carryon, so maybe after lunch, we can check out the AquaDuck!

*AllEars pic

If we don’t do that, we will just explore the ship! I also have requested that we have a table to ourselves (I know they won’t guarantee it. . .just a request), so I may go check on that request when the dining area opens up!

Can’t wait to get in and check out our stateroom, and I am hoping to have some surprises for my guys!!

So excited to just see it all and just BE THERE!!!

Any suggestions from anyone on things to be sure and check out that day?? I just want to relax and take it all in!

Next up. . .NIGHT PLANS!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: