Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
MadameMim
Mouseketeer

regretting not booking the Bounce Back Offer

We just got back two weeks ago. Of course the Bounce Back offer was to return next fall for free dining. We didn't book it and now we are totally kicking ourselves.

It is likely they will eventually release FD to the general pop for late Aug/early Sept 2013, right?
When would that probably be announced?

Would it be early enough to nab the 180 day ADR booking?

mom to 12yo boy, 10yo boy, 7yo girl, 4yo boy
WDW trips: 2006 Pop, 2012 POR, 2013 AoA Cars Suite, 2014…trying out FW Cabins this fall
MadameMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

They'll most likely have a public FD for that time of year. Disney has consistantly had FD for that time of year for 4 years, and they seam to favor the FD promotion more than RO discounts. As for when they announce it is not always consistant. This year, it was announced on 3/5/12. The year before it was 5/2/11. So it may not be near the 180 days, but should still give you enough time to get ADR's. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

btw, here's a list of historic discounts: http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ts/#codetrends
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Actually it has been 6 years now that they have been doing it, so probably. The fact is, new FL or not, September is SLOW when there is no FD, so the likely that there will be is pretty good. Now the FD in fall is always questionable, I guess will depend on how much the expansion of FL brings booking up.
I know every trip we regret not booking BB. This year we are just going to book, and if we need to cancel we still can, or change dates.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
averill94
DIS Veteran

Give them a call and ask! It cant hurt.

Our motto is to always book it because we know that we can ALWAYS cancel it! (Havent cancelled yet )

This year we went end of August and we were bummed that there wasnt an offer in our room. We even went to the front desk and were told-"Sorry no offer this year". When we got home, thanks to the folks here I found out there sure was an offer. I emailed them at 6AM on a Saturday morning...guess who called my house by 10AM that morning? Thats right Disney!!!They are amazing.The agent apologized for the miscommunication and said mousekeeping should have left a flyer in the room I even mentined that the front desk said 'no" etc....lovely lady that called and clearly one of their best CMs.

Give em a call!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Do they normally only have bouncebacks during this time of year? We are going in May, is there a possibility of having a bounceback then? Our last trip was May 2007, and I don't remember having an offer, but I could have and DH veto'd it that quickly! LOL

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013**Caribbean Beach June 2015

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
mjp12831
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
Give them a call and ask! It cant hurt.

Our motto is to always book it because we know that we can ALWAYS cancel it! (Havent cancelled yet )

This year we went end of August and we were bummed that there wasnt an offer in our room. We even went to the front desk and were told-"Sorry no offer this year". When we got home, thanks to the folks here I found out there sure was an offer. I emailed them at 6AM on a Saturday morning...guess who called my house by 10AM that morning? Thats right Disney!!!They are amazing.The agent apologized for the miscommunication and said mousekeeping should have left a flyer in the room I even mentined that the front desk said 'no" etc....lovely lady that called and clearly one of their best CMs.

Give em a call!
We had almost this exact experience.

No BB flier left in our room and Front Desk said there wasn't one. Saw the offer on the Dis after returning and called, but was told that we had to book when we were there.

Sent Disney an email explaining the circumstances and that we would have booked if we knew about it - received a call from them a week or so later saying that they would honor the BB.

WDW Commando member #60
mjp12831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
KimBeano
Mouseketeer

Staying at FW campgrounds next Oct. Has anyone ever heard bounceback offers being given there?
KimBeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

I booked the bb offer in Sept. for next year in Sept. I can't wait. HOWEVER my friend called and tried to book it after the fact, she decided she wanted to go as well. They told her flat out no. I know it depends too on which CM you get and how nice you ARE about it.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
deserrai
DIS Veteran

I always regret not booking the BB. I may do it this time if there is one because I know I can always cancel. For me, it is difficult to commit to another trip when I'm on the last one I committed to. I don't mind planning my next trip the minute I get back, but I don't want to do it while I'm there.

deserrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
I booked the bb offer in Sept. for next year in Sept. I can't wait. HOWEVER my friend called and tried to book it after the fact, she decided she wanted to go as well. They told her flat out no. I know it depends too on which CM you get and how nice you ARE about it.
It doesn't really for bounce back offers. They go to an entirely different department when calling the number on the back of the flyer. The normal booking CMs don't have access to the booking codes.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
I always regret not booking the BB. I may do it this time if there is one because I know I can always cancel. For me, it is difficult to commit to another trip when I'm on the last one I committed to. I don't mind planning my next trip the minute I get back, but I don't want to do it while I'm there.

that was us last year..we didnt want to commit and then we were kicking ourselves and praying FD was released. I'm not one to bank on anything being offered just because it was for years. This year we booked the BB knowing it would only tie up $200 and we could cancel if we decided not to use it afterall. I liked this because we could book a standard room. This years trip we had to book a gardenview in order to get FD and over the course of 10 days that adds $$.

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: