Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
thebigman65
Certified Disney Nut!

Our first time at Artist Point....

and I have to say it was one of the best meals we have had at WDW. Our waiter, Mohamad, was great! and we even had the chef come out to talk to us after the meal.

Next time I will be taking pictures to do a review as we have already booked this again for our March trip!

Can't Wait!..

AKL March 2009 Studio - Pop Century Christmas 09 - AKV March 2010 - AKV (F&W) Oct 2010 - AKV March 2011. - SSR Oct 2011. - AKL CL Feb 2012. - AKV Nov 2012. - AKL CL Mar 2013.
thebigman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
marshallsmommy
Mouseketeer

I agree! My 1st trip to WDW last year our final meal of the trip was at AP (we were staying at the Lodge) and it was by far the best meal and service that we had all week and we ate at Cali Grill and Narcoosee too! My husband still talks about the soup. Such a great atmosphere, food, ans service!
marshallsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Auntie Liz
Earning My Ears

I totally agree!!

We are here in WDW right now, arriving this past Tuesday night. First night reservations for Artist Point and it set the bar so high for the week. We also had the best waiter ever, Jose. He was very attentive, but not overbearing. He made us feel like family and spoiled us!! (Girls trip only, no husbands and no kids for us!) For desert, I ordered the berry cobbler and BFF ordered the chocolate offering. She did not care for hers, as it has alcohol soaked cherrys in it, and she doesn't drink. We traded desserts, and when Jose came back to the table and questioned our "trade". He asked if I would like the berry cobbler instead which was DELISH and he ran back and got me another. Loved the pixie dust and Jose going the extra mile!!! LOVED IT!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Am happy to read this post!! We got the dxdp for the first time for our trip in January and one of the reasons was because we wanted to eat at AP, as well as a couple of other signature restaurants. We are hoping it's worth the cost so I love reading positive reviews!

What all did you and your family eat??
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

I have been reading such great reviews of Artist Point lately, we are planning on an ADR for our upcoming August trip. It is one of the restaurants I am most excited about trying!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Liz View Post
We are here in WDW right now, arriving this past Tuesday night. First night reservations for Artist Point and it set the bar so high for the week. We also had the best waiter ever, Jose. He was very attentive, but not overbearing. He made us feel like family and spoiled us!! (Girls trip only, no husbands and no kids for us!) For desert, I ordered the berry cobbler and BFF ordered the chocolate offering. She did not care for hers, as it has alcohol soaked cherrys in it, and she doesn't drink. We traded desserts, and when Jose came back to the table and questioned our "trade". He asked if I would like the berry cobbler instead which was DELISH and he ran back and got me another. Loved the pixie dust and Jose going the extra mile!!! LOVED IT!!!!!!
We ate there last Saturday night and had awesome service too. When he saw my son nodding off, he lit a fire under them in the kitchen. When he came by to see how we were doing and I jokingly said that my husband kept eating the side that came with my filet, he came back a few minutes later with a plate of it for DH. He came and chatted with us for almost a half hour after dessert. We were the last ones in there. Thankfully we were staying at WL, so my son was able to just go up to the room and go to bed intead of waiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOQb1Y1rews
My son playing Pumbaa in school play. So funny
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
thebigman65
Certified Disney Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
Am happy to read this post!! We got the dxdp for the first time for our trip in January and one of the reasons was because we wanted to eat at AP, as well as a couple of other signature restaurants. We are hoping it's worth the cost so I love reading positive reviews!

What all did you and your family eat??
My DW had the mushroom soup which she loved and then had the Pork tenderloin. I had the mussles to start and then had the Buffalo strip loin....It was Awesome.

For dessert, DW had the Orange Blossom Lace Canoli and I had the berry cobbler. It was the best berry cobbler I have ever had at WDW!

AKL March 2009 Studio - Pop Century Christmas 09 - AKV March 2010 - AKV (F&W) Oct 2010 - AKV March 2011. - SSR Oct 2011. - AKL CL Feb 2012. - AKV Nov 2012. - AKL CL Mar 2013.
thebigman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigman65 View Post
My DW had the mushroom soup which she loved and then had the Pork tenderloin. I had the mussles to start and then had the Buffalo strip loin....It was Awesome.

For dessert, DW had the Orange Blossom Lace Canoli and I had the berry cobbler. It was the best berry cobbler I have ever had at WDW!
Sounds sooo yummy! When I look at menus I try to decide what I think I'd like and what my DH would like and I guessed he'd want to try the mussels and Buffalo strip loin - LOL! I'll have to let him know I've heard good things
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: