Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran

Living Vicariously Through Family

My brother in law, sister in law, and 8 year old nephew arrived in Disney World last Sat. and left today. They stayed at the BWI in a water view room. They were on the regular Disney Dining Plan. My 22 yr. old dd and her friend arrived last Mon. and leave this evening after staying in a studio at AKL (friend is DVC member) in Jambo house savannah view. They were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I've only gotten bits and pieces via texts, voicemail, and brief calls since they are busy of course. I will try to get them to do reviews but even if they don't I will drain their minds and let you know what they say lol. But here's what I know so far...

DBIL/DSIL LOVED Rose & Crown dinner and the fish and chips and said they will return every trip.

They dined at Citricos last night, loved the food and atmosphere but said the service was a nightmare!

DD and friend Had breakfast at Boma. This was always a fave of me and DD in the past. She said it was ok but not as good as she remembered and didn't like the eggs this time. It seems like I've been reading that a lot lately.

They had dinner at Le Cellier and thought it was fine but then they went to the Yachtsman Steakhouse and said it was awesome the first night, great food & service. Went back last night and the waiter and service was not so good. They tried the Strip at the waiter's suggestion and found it inferior compared to the filets they had the night before. She said the mashed potatoes were much better than the au gratin.

They had lunch at Le Cellier. Both raved about the French Onion Soup and Creme Brulee. DD ALWAYS loves the Croque Monsieur. Friend said the salmon not so good.

Today she briefly called today to tell me that they were having lunch at Tutto Italia and Whoopi Goldberg (sp.?) and 3 other people walked right past their table. I know "The View" is doing a Disney trip giveaway so I'm sure she was there related to that. She had to go so I didn't hear about the food.....YET.

I will get lots more info and details. I know both parties dined at several other places so I will report back when I get the info. I'll be glad when it's my own trip I'm reporting about!
Rafikifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikifan View Post
My brother in law, sister in law, and 8 year old nephew arrived in Disney World last Sat. and left today. They stayed at the BWI in a water view room. They were on the regular Disney Dining Plan. My 22 yr. old dd and her friend arrived last Mon. and leave this evening after staying in a studio at AKL (friend is DVC member) in Jambo house savannah view. They were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I've only gotten bits and pieces via texts, voicemail, and brief calls since they are busy of course. I will try to get them to do reviews but even if they don't I will drain their minds and let you know what they say lol. But here's what I know so far...

DBIL/DSIL LOVED Rose & Crown dinner and the fish and chips and said they will return every trip.

They dined at Citricos last night, loved the food and atmosphere but said the service was a nightmare!

DD and friend Had breakfast at Boma. This was always a fave of me and DD in the past. She said it was ok but not as good as she remembered and didn't like the eggs this time. It seems like I've been reading that a lot lately.

They had dinner at Le Cellier and thought it was fine but then they went to the Yachtsman Steakhouse and said it was awesome the first night, great food & service. Went back last night and the waiter and service was not so good. They tried the Strip at the waiter's suggestion and found it inferior compared to the filets they had the night before. She said the mashed potatoes were much better than the au gratin.

They had lunch at Le Cellier. Both raved about the French Onion Soup and Creme Brulee. DD ALWAYS loves the Croque Monsieur. Friend said the salmon not so good.

Today she briefly called today to tell me that they were having lunch at Tutto Italia and Whoopi Goldberg (sp.?) and 3 other people walked right past their table. I know "The View" is doing a Disney trip giveaway so I'm sure she was there related to that. She had to go so I didn't hear about the food.....YET.

I will get lots more info and details. I know both parties dined at several other places so I will report back when I get the info. I'll be glad when it's my own trip I'm reporting about!
Sounds good. I hope they took pics to show you I'm glad they likd rose & Crown. I was planning on trying that on my next trip.

This time...Port Orleans French Quarter

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

We saw Whoopi at the Magic Kingdom yesterday

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: