Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Southern California
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
lvdis
love disney

Where to stay in San Diego?

I need help deciding where to stay in San Diego. We are planning a trip for June 2013. We want to end our trip with 2 nights in the San Diego area. There are 4 of us and would prefer 3 "beds". The kids are older and don't want to share. We mainly just want to see the area and go to Coronado Beach. Thanks for any help you can provide!
lvdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

If money were no object (yeah right) I'd stay at the Del Coronado. It's the hotel where the classic movie "Some Like It Hot" was filmed, and the Grand Floridian hotel was patterned after the Del.

Realistically, I'd just do a web search with one of the travel discounters like Priceline, hotwire, etc.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
lvdis
love disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
If money were no object (yeah right) I'd stay at the Del Coronado. It's the hotel where the classic movie "Some Like It Hot" was filmed, and the Grand Floridian hotel was patterned after the Del.

Realistically, I'd just do a web search with one of the travel discounters like Priceline, hotwire, etc.
Don't I wish! I would love to stay there, but I'll be happy just to visit. Thanks for the suggestions!
lvdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
okstate_angel
Earning My Ears

We are looking at staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld area. They have a couple different options that might work for you. One is a 2 bed with a sofa pullout and the other is a single bed with a bunk bed so that provids 3 beds as well. Both options are running about $170/night for June 2013
okstate_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
sueg

DIS Veteran

Do not stay in Hilton Gaslamp. We had such a bad experience there that we moved out after one night and I swore I would save anyone from our experience
sueg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate_angel View Post
We are looking at staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld area. They have a couple different options that might work for you. One is a 2 bed with a sofa pullout and the other is a single bed with a bunk bed so that provids 3 beds as well. Both options are running about $170/night for June 2013
We stayed at this hotel in October...in a standard room for two peole so cant comment on the room you described, but this is a nice property. The rooms were nice with flat screen tv, nice beds, furniture, etc. Breakfast was nice, but the breakfast room was VERY crowded. Convenient location..easy access on and off freeways, but really no dining options within a walking distance so you definitely need a car (they charge for parking).

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Back in 2010 I stayed at a Hilton owned hotel in rancho bernado. I booked online at 79 a night. Prepaid in advance. If you paid at hotel 150 a night. The hotel was nice good views lots of restaurants around. Grocery store one exit down In caramel mountain.

This hotel only about 20 minutes away from the del. sea world wouldn't be too far either.

This one is of Interstate 15

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
debbiedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
Zerosinthecloset
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueg View Post
Do not stay in Hilton Gaslamp. We had such a bad experience there that we moved out after one night and I swore I would save anyone from our experience

Stayed at the Hilton Gaslamp a number of times and never experienced any problems. Would highly recommend it.
Zerosinthecloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

I am planning a trip to SD in June also! We love it there! Suggestion for Coronado Beach-Glorietta Bay Inn! Look at Trip Advisor's reviews, we almost stayed there a couple of years ago but opted to stay downtown instead because the Hyatt Manchester was having a "buy 1, 2nd room at 1/2 off" sale, and we also have grown kids, so it worked out perfect! I am reconsidering the Glorietta Bay Inn again, because it sounds so relaxing, and it's a hop skip and a jump from the beautiful Coronado Beach itself! Another option is the Doubletree Mission Valley, we stayed there years ago and really enjoyed it, it's right near the trolley, and it has two pools, one inside and one out, and a fabulous Sunday brunch! Have fun!!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

I highly recommend Homewood Suites Liberty Station in San Diego. It regularly comes in the top 4 or so hotels in San Diego. Beautiful surrounding area, and convenient to Sea World and downtown. It has 1BR and 2BR units, as well as regular hotel room. Check out this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2793314
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: