Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Also, the "market cap" (total value of all stock) for Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) is currently over $37 Billion! That's far more than all of Disney's acquisitions in the past 20 years combined! And any company wanting to acquire Starbucks would need to offer substantially MORE than that amount in a takeover bid.

Finally, here's a friendly suggestion to the OP: The topic name ("Disney to buy starbucks????") seemed to be about an actual rumor, but the post content ("Aaannnnnnd go.....") was then meaningless. If the post had had a more appropriate title (such as "Would Disney Benefit from Acquiring Starbucks?") and the content had been a paragraph or two supporting the rationale for such a business move, the reaction here would have been different. The replies would probably still have argued that such an acquisition would not make business sense and would be extremely unlikely. But at least there would not have been the suspicion that it was a troll post.

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 11-19-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
I visit this board daily, but I don't post much for a reason, that reason is because there are a lot of rude people on these boards.

Is your comment really necessary?
I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just following up a previous post where someone said

"I remember a time when this was a place for actual rumors and news... now its just a whole lot of speculation and "what if" scenarios."

I've seen so many posts where someone asked a question and the replies were, "did you search?"

I didn't think this would be such a serious thread, it didn't seem like it due to the way the OP started it with a "Aaannnnnnd go.....".

I apologize Mouse14.
jkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #18
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
Also, the "market cap" (total value of all stock) for Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) is currently over $37 Billion! That's far more than all of Disney's acquisitions in the past 20 years combined! And any company wanting to acquire Starbucks would need to offer substantially MORE than that amount in a takeover bid.
Ooooh...new topic:

Starbucks to buy Disney????

Aaannnnnnd go.....

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #19
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79

I visit this board daily, but I don't post much for a reason, that reason is because there are a lot of rude people on these boards.

Is your comment really necessary?
Thank ChipnDale79, and to everyone else ya it might have been titled wrong, still does not call for people to be rude, oh well ill sit back for a while and let the "serious" Disney "professional" rumors and news disers do the posting

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #20
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
I remember a time when fellow "disers" were nice and we could chat about random things... Troll? No sir not me. You think I'm trolling the site because of this post? It's just a fun speculation to talk about. Disney owns Big corporations like ABC Family, ESPN, and Lucas film, why not own something like Starbucks? It's kinda sad to read the way some people in here treat each other. Yea some time there are "trolls" but come on... I think you need to go to MK sit in front of the castle and regroup your attitude. It's a Disney web site, get off your high horse and have some fun....
Because One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?

Disney buys media properties..studios, IP's, etc. One day, they may decide to buy some sort of media distribution property (Comcast, Time Warner, etc).

They don't buy food service locations. They LICENSE their properties to those companies. They have no desire, seemingly, to OWN one. They don't really have any good reason to buy one....never mind one with a stock value pushing 40 billion. They could have a vast chain of Fast Food restaurants (which they could then do with as they please) for a quarter of that (or less), if they wanted it.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

And....STOP!
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

No, no, no ... Let's take this a little further. A Disney purchase of Starbucks would certainly pave the the way for the merger we all know is eventually coming ... You know, the one with Wal-mart!
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #23
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

To the OP, I guess you didn't realize how important the "Rumors & News" page is. The people who post here have real inside information, and know EVERYTHING about how Disney operates. Didn't you know that?

Sorry you got flamed for your post. But you should have known better. You must take these boards (and yourself) as seriously as everyone else, or you run the risk of being called something really bad. Like "normal" or "funny". Or even worse, you might find yourself realizing that it's ok to NOT be a nerd. Imagine being the person being laughed with, instead of laughed at.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #24
shyeyes
Earning My Ears

looks like it is happening

well, i just did a google about whether or not is true. unless the rumors have even the big news sites confused, it appears to be a reality.

personally, i don't really like the idea. though it's not going to ruin or taint my image of disney world.

i admit i am a frequent customer of starbucks. in fact, i hold their goldcard so i am able to work up and redeem free drinks (of any size/kind) and sandwiches/wraps so if this is true, i could save my rewards for my trip that's taking place early in 2013. if, that is, the reward system works in disney.

but i just hope this doesn't create some type of trend. what next? McD's at disney? no thanks.

according to the disney food blog, starbucks is going to replace main street bakery. that's what depresses me the most.

and hey - are we going to be allowed to use our dining plan snack credits at starbucks like we could at main street bakery? i have not inquired yet but i'm thinking, probably not.
shyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #25
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyeyes View Post
well, i just did a google about whether or not is true. unless the rumors have even the big news sites confused, it appears to be a reality.

personally, i don't really like the idea. though it's not going to ruin or taint my image of disney world.

i admit i am a frequent customer of starbucks. in fact, i hold their goldcard so i am able to work up and redeem free drinks (of any size/kind) and sandwiches/wraps so if this is true, i could save my rewards for my trip that's taking place early in 2013. if, that is, the reward system works in disney.

but i just hope this doesn't create some type of trend. what next? McD's at disney? no thanks.

according to the disney food blog, starbucks is going to replace main street bakery. that's what depresses me the most.

and hey - are we going to be allowed to use our dining plan snack credits at starbucks like we could at main street bakery? i have not inquired yet but i'm thinking, probably not.
No, it is NOT happening. Disney is incorporating Starbucks into the parks. They are NOT buying Starbucks.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #26
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #27
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyeyes View Post
Ummm, McDonald's food was a fixture at the Disney parks for about 10 years. Just started pulling-out around 2 years ago.

BTW, most of the restaurants at Epcot's World Showcase are independently owned. Most of the food and beverage outlets at Disneyland on opening day in '55 were outsourced major brands.

Thing that always makes me chuckle about these discussions is the conversation focusing on the name rather than the product itself. Not everyone loves Starbucks but it's a step up from the Nescafe swill most locations serve now. And the food served at Disney-run locations within the parks is hardly haute cuisine.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #28
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
I remember a time when fellow "disers" were nice and we could chat about random things...
Yes. This. Absolutely.

I was on here for years and left a while ago due to the down right nasty self centered know it alls that took over this board.

I'm back now and trying my best to ignore them.

They are the ones that have turned into the trolls.

HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #29
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

This isn't really about people being big meanies who can't have any fun, it's about this thread not belonging in this forum and people being frustrated that they clicked on this thread expecting legitimate rumours or news and got neither.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #30
shyeyes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
No, it is NOT happening. Disney is incorporating Starbucks into the parks. They are NOT buying Starbucks.
sorry - i did not read the title properly. was more interested in about starbucks being incorporated into disney.
shyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: