Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

What are they building?

In the magic kingdom if you are walking out of fantasyland towards liberty square and the haunted mansion on your right are big walls that have been there for a while. You can start to see the top of structures being built. I have heard people say that it is the new bathrooms....im sorry but the detail that is going on the roofs of these structures do not look like bathroom unless they are fancy bathrooms. Does anyone know what is going on behind the walls?

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
Turkey Day'13 VWL Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Bathrooms are the only thing I've heard going in there.
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Disco
Hail Eris!

The area is to be Tangled themed. It is bathrooms but they will also have a "rest" and recharge area similar to the Dumbo Fast Pass Tent.
I still believe that it will also host a Tanlgled M&G but many sources have indicated it will not.
On the hill behind the bathrooms they will have Rapunzel's tower. That is just a theme decoration and not functional.
On the ground in front of the buildings will be a big circular courtyard with a beautiful mural of the flowery symbol from the movie.
I believe a meet and greet will be done in an area between the paths from the HM and the new area.
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
pascalstongue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco
The area is to be Tangled themed. It is bathrooms but they will also have a "rest" and recharge area similar to the Dumbo Fast Pass Tent.
I still believe that it will also host a Tanlgled M&G but many sources have indicated it will not.
On the hill behind the bathrooms they will have Rapunzel's tower. That is just a theme decoration and not functional.
On the ground in front of the buildings will be a big circular courtyard with a beautiful mural of the flowery symbol from the movie.
I believe a meet and greet will be done in an area between the paths from the HM and the new area.
Do you know when this should be finished?

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Agent555
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to see it finished

No new trips...YET!!!
"It is nice to see people here my age who haven't grown up either." Jimmy Buffett
Agent555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Is this the area you mean?

This was taken 10/23...I'll be back in 2 weeks & will take another shot to see how its progressing...

Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Yep. It is the old skyway tram terminal in Fantasyland being re-purposed.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

yes that is it but I am talking about the view I see from the other side

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
Turkey Day'13 VWL Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
dllocals
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
Yep. It is the old skyway tram terminal in Fantasyland being re-purposed.
We miss the skyway!
dllocals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Here are the latest pictures of the new restroom and area posted on WDWMagic.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/...troom-area.htm
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
cool
Buddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

I think they should put in a new skyway!

I am sure everyone knows the reason but I will ask, why did they remove the skyway to begin with?
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Yes, everything I've read indicates a widening of the walkway that clogs up the path here combined with a Tangled themed rest-room. Disney has been denying it is a meet and greet. I believe them, as they have already talked about Rapunzel being in the new Princess meet and greet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus77 View Post
I think they should put in a new skyway!

I am sure everyone knows the reason but I will ask, why did they remove the skyway to begin with?
Numerous reasons, the main public reason being handicap accessability, but they had an employee die while servicing it shortly before it closed. I think safety concerns may have been a big reason. They also closed it at Disneyland about the same time.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR IN PROGRESS!!
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize they closed the skyway at Disneyland! I guess I am out of it!
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Yes, everything I've read indicates a widening of the walkway that clogs up the path here combined with a Tangled themed rest-room. Disney has been denying it is a meet and greet. I believe them, as they have already talked about Rapunzel being in the new Princess meet and greet.

Numerous reasons, the main public reason being handicap accessability, but they had an employee die while servicing it shortly before it closed. I think safety concerns may have been a big reason. They also closed it at Disneyland about the same time.
Actually, the MK Skyway lasted 5 years after the one in Disneyland closed.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: