Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #91
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Deluxe Day 14 AK

Breakfast

We had breakfast in our OKW studio  DD had the mint brownie, I had the carrot cake cupcake and DH the magic cookie bar  last two we had bought from roaring forks last night. DH really enjoyed the magic cookie bar.

Snacks

We were at AK for 8am emh. The cupcakes had changed from the halloween ones to the usual cotton topped tamarin - picture taken but we did not get one!

We had two jalepeno pretzels from a stall near the safari  these are lovely with cream cheese filling with jalepenos in  2 snack credits.

By 10.30am we had done lots and it was a hot day so we got a cookie ice cream sandwich and DD got a bugs sundae. These were both really good and a great use of a snack credit  2 snacks

We also got a drink from near the lion king show  paid cash for this.

Lunch

Sanaa, Animal Kingdom resort  Kidani

Rating excellent

We had a 12.50pm adr here. We were directed to an undercover car park and then took the elevator to the restaurant. It was our first time here and what a stunning resort.

We checked in and asked for a window table. It wasnt busy and we were seated straight away in a lovely window table. We had a fantastic view and during the meal a giraffe came right up to the window plus a bird.

DD especially loved it here  it was amazing to be so close to the animals.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12

Last edited by dixonsontour; 12-01-2012 at 04:25 PM.
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #92
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

I had the mango lassi smoothie which was a dining plan drink, DH paid extra for a beer. We also asked for water and the server said bottled was included as we were on deluxe.

For appetiser – DD had fruit. We also shared the appetiser sampler for 2 and the bread sampler for 2 – even though the sampler was for 2 we could get both.

We chose, spicy naan, onion kulcha and naan – plus dips – I know we went for one spicy, mango chutney which was chopped mango not like you get at an Indian restaurant in the UK and a coconut one.

The spicy naan and the spicy dip were actually spicy which we enjoyed. The samosas were also very good.

For main DH had the tandoori chicken naan, I had the shrimp – we asked for sauce on the side. These were tasty but a big portion after all the appetisers.

DD had pizza which she enjoyed. This was a normal pizza – not wholewheat like is appearing on a lot of the kids menus. DD had only had pizza once all trip so was happy to have it here (she doesn’t do spicy food).

For dessert DD got the ice cream cookie which she didn’t like – said it was hard. She ate the chocolate cake off my sampler. The sampler had the chocolate cake, kulfi and chai chream. Dh had chocolate cake.

I was expecting this to be bland and so so. We often eat at decent Indian restaurants at home. We were all pleasantly surprised and would put Sanaa on the must do list for next time.

After the meal we spent some more time looking at the animals from a viewing area.

Used 3 TS credits

Snacks

We spent some time in the turtle pond pool at OKW and used our refill mugs.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #93
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Dinner

Hoop de doo review 6.15pm, Fort Wilderness

We got the bus to MK and the boat across to hoop de doo. Id picked up the tickets from concierge at our resort a few days before. We checked in and then had a photo taken. This was free for us as we had photopass +

It was assigned seating so we were shown to a table just to the side downstairs  think this was cat 2 seating. We had a decent view.

There was corn bread and salad on the table. Our server Nancy introduced herself and explained how things worked. Nancy brought DH two beers  one for his right hand, one for his left and carried on bringing them so he was happy! I had a glass of wine then soda.

We enjoyed the food  fried chicken, ribs, bbq beans, sweet corn and mashed potato. The server also brought DD a bowl of mac and cheese.

The dessert is strawberry shortcake to share and we were full but all tried a bit. I had coffee with dessert.

DH and DD especially enyoyed the show. Was humour like at a pantomime (do they have those in the US?)

Afterwards we headed back on the boat and bus to the resort. I also bumped into a UKDiser on the boat back  I knew she was going to hoop that night  by coincidence she was sitting in front of us on the boat back with her family.

Used 6 TS credits includes tip

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Last edited by dixonsontour; 12-01-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #94
LiloH
Mouseketeer

This is my favorite thread ever! Thanks for all the amazing photos. Also, your daughter is beautiful.
LiloH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #95
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying this review! Sanaa is on our list for next trip and your review confirms its a good choice! Cape May for breakfast sounds great, I must look into it more!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #96
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

We also loved Saana on our September trip. The view is excellent. I took a video of the animals in the rain for my trip report. The naan bread with the coconut dip was so delish! we made an ADR for our January trip. We visited the viewing area outside the restaurant before and after our meal! can't wait for our January trip.

I'm enjoying your dining report!
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #97
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your reviews !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #98
Quin
DIS Veteran

Great, great reviews! And wonderful photos, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
This was our shopping day – DD had a mcdonalds happy meal (unlike the UK kids get fries and apple slices – plus they ask you girl or boy for the toy) and we had a Wendys near the florida mall.
OK, I'll bite: what is included with fast food kids meals in the UK?

The asking for boy v. girl thing only happens with a few promotions; most of the time the toys are pretty generic/unisex. But sometimes there will be doubles, like if it's a prince or a princess figurine.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #99
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
Great, great reviews! And wonderful photos, too.

OK, I'll bite: what is included with fast food kids meals in the UK?

The asking for boy v. girl thing only happens with a few promotions; most of the time the toys are pretty generic/unisex. But sometimes there will be doubles, like if it's a prince or a princess figurine.
Apples OR fries not both.

First time DD thought they had made a mistake but everytime she had had one in the US she got both. They also don't have the bigger happy meal - mighty meals? Think 6 chicken nuggets is the adult meal in the UK. All toys are unisex here.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 12-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #100
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiloH View Post
This is my favorite thread ever! Thanks for all the amazing photos. Also, your daughter is beautiful.
Glad you are enjoying - 2 more days to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Really enjoying this review! Sanaa is on our list for next trip and your review confirms its a good choice! Cape May for breakfast sounds great, I must look into it more!!
Cape May is a fun - good choice if you want a less hectic character meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
We also loved Saana on our September trip. The view is excellent. I took a video of the animals in the rain for my trip report. The naan bread with the coconut dip was so delish! we made an ADR for our January trip. We visited the viewing area outside the restaurant before and after our meal! can't wait for our January trip.

I'm enjoying your dining report!
Thank you, I enjoyed your reviews. Lucky you going back in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Really enjoying your reviews !!!
Thank you

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 12-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #101
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

The animals at Sanna are great - love the giraffe We have never been to Hoop de Hoop but are going to Trails End in December and they have the fried chicken as well
Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #102
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Deluxe day 15

Breakfast

We swapped resorts this morning to Art of Animation for our last night as a surprise for DD to stay in a little mermaid room. We just had something in the room before check out. I think DD had cheetos!?!

Lunch

Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic kingdom

Rating Good

This was DH’s choice. MK was very busy today so it was nice to take an air conditioned break. Our adr was for 12.30pm and we were seated within a couple of minutes. This was our first time here.

We had the chilli and mozzarella sticks to start – both were good. DD had apple slices.

For entree I had the turkey dinner which I enjoyed. The gravy is nothing like English gravy though!

DH had a burger with fries which was good and DD mac and cheese.

For dessert DH enjoyed the ooey gooey toffee cake. I swapped with DD – she had the chocolate cake and I had a bit of her icecream as I was very full.

We had coke to drink which comes in a tankard.

We had good food and service here. The only downside was there were only two stalls in the ladies restroom – so there was a long line. Of course DD needed to go and it was annoying when I knew the food would be getting cold.

Used 3 TS credits

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 12-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #103
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Snack

Aloha Isle, MK

I got a dole whip float and a coke float. It was hot and busy in MK so there was a long line. Afterwards I realised she had charged the room not snack credits – concierge at the resort was able to sort it out that evening. I don’t think I would have charging on my card again though as I don’t use it and it just seemed to complicate things.

2 snack credits

We got a mickey cake pop and a m&m covered rice crispie with our last 2 snack credits from main street. The rice crispie treat was huge.

2 snack credits

Dinner

Ohana, Polynesian resort

Rating Good

We had a late adr 9.30pm and headed over by monorail after watching Wishes and the main street electrical parade.

This was our 3rd time here. We waited maybe 15 mins to be seated. I had a lapu lapu cocktail from the bar which was good.

When we were seated we were given salad and pineapple bread. DD joined in the kids dancing.

We enjoyed all the food – potstickers and chicken wings, noodles then the steak, pork and shrimp. DD had a hot dog and fries.

For dessert we enjoyed the banana bread pudding and DD had icecream.

This was our last night so we made the most of it.

After eating the monorail had stopped so we were taken by bus back to TTC where we had parked.

Used 3 TS credits (our last credits – our deluxe dining expired at midnight – we had used them all)

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Last edited by dixonsontour; 12-02-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #104
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Day 16

Going home

Breakfast

We ate at Art of Animation foodcourt. Myself and DH had the ‘steak’ and egg burger with fries, DD had chocolate chip pancakes. We paid cash – not on the dining plan anymore.

Lunch

DH and DD shared a Wendys at MCO airport

Dinner

Earl of Sandwich, Philadelphia Airport

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-054KWr6Egpo/ULpvEOHQ-**/AAAAAAAAW7s/DD3jH9SzCD4/s912/IMG_5019.JPG[/img]

We had a stop at Philadelphia so had an earl of sandwich – same as at DTD. I had the original, DD just ham and DH full montague.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 12-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #105
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
The animals at Sanna are great - love the giraffe We have never been to Hoop de Hoop but are going to Trails End in December and they have the fried chicken as well
Never been to trails end. I've heard the food is the same as hoop - the chicken was good not greasy.

Have a lovely christmas trip

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: